Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burfict Again
(10-19-2016, 07:52 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Does anyone have another angle of this play everyone keeps talking about. Thanks.

Page 3....post 42 of this thread.  I tried to link it....but my POS phone hates this site. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I dont know about you guys but im about done with the NFL. Its a shame that something I love this much has let itself turn into what it is today. Forget what you see, hear, non of that is true, you didnt see that you didnt hear that you will see and hear what they want you to, not just the NFL but media itself. Makes sense their both corrupt. Its all about story lines, you know like the Pro Wrestling. Its so obvious with all the technology we have in the game, camera's every inch of the field yet blatant calls get missed, or just flat out wrong. They and I mean the NFL and Media will only show you their angle, only tell you their story. Goodell needs to step down. But the owners will never let that happen because he protects their investments. It will never get better only worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 07:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: Page 3....post 42 of this thread.  I tried to link it....but my POS phone hates this site. LOL
I found it, thanks man
Reply/Quote
I think he has a chance at winning his appeal. The league not suspending him is basically admission they have no proof he did anything wrong. The fine is for appearances, and to appease the crybabies.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 06:30 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The only criticism we can give Gio is he is small, but there isn't anything he can do about that. Otherwise, what on earth can we do to criticize him? In that sense, is he our best player?

He's averaging 3.4 per carry. Hasn't been effective at all as a runner. Personally, I think it's an o-line problem, but that's not stopping people from slamming Hill.

On topic though, the Bengals (and Marv and Burfict) are getting absolutely roasted by PFT and all the idiots in their comment sections. Kinda sad how people are always whining about Goodell, but they're eating up this Burfict witch hunt without any questions. Pats and Steelers fans are the worst. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 08:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's averaging 3.4 per carry. Hasn't been effective at all as a runner. Personally, I think it's an o-line problem, but that's not stopping people from slamming Hill.

On topic though, the Bengals (and Marv and Burfict) are getting absolutely roasted by PFT and all the idiots in their comment sections. Kinda sad how people are always whining about Goodell, but they're eating up this Burfict witch hunt without any questions. Pats and Steelers fans are the worst. 

The beauty of it?  It's crystal clear that Burfict is in the fans' and Stoolers players' heads.  I love it.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 08:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I dont know about you guys but im about done with the NFL. Its a shame that something I love this much has let itself turn into what it is today. Forget what you see, hear, non of that is true, you didnt see that you didnt hear that you will see and hear what they want you to, not just the NFL but media itself. Makes sense their both corrupt. Its all about story lines, you know like the Pro Wrestling. Its so obvious with all the technology we have in the game, camera's every inch of the field yet blatant calls get missed, or just flat out wrong. They and I mean the NFL and Media will only show you their angle, only tell you their story. Goodell needs to step down. But the owners will never let that happen because he protects their investments. It will never get better only worse.

Yep.....all media is getting to be a real joke.  That's why I like my garage....the loud stereo....cold beers....and either bullshittin or wrenchin.  All this shit is getting old.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 08:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think he has a chance at winning his appeal. The league not suspending him is basically admission they have no proof he did anything wrong. The fine is for appearances, and to appease the crybabies.

Yep fine was just to say they did something because of all the BS bashing burfict is taking in the media. People just love to cry dirty whenever they get a chance to do it against someone who is not on their team. Pathetic that they're so worried about appearances that they fined him...that said it could very well be overturned and maybe they are ok with that. Give the media what they they want then a few weeks later once its died down they take it back. NFL saves face and the only one that's hurt is already a villain so nobody cares. Kinda like the fines the Steelers got last year
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 08:53 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep fine was just to say they did something because of all the BS bashing burfict is taking in the media. People just love to cry dirty whenever they get a chance to do it against someone who is not on their team. Pathetic that they're so worried about appearances that they fined him...that said it could very well be overturned and maybe they are ok with that. Give the media what they they want then a few weeks later once its died down they take it back. NFL saves face and the only one that's hurt is already a villain so nobody cares. Kinda like the fines the Steelers got last year

If they don't take it back, we need to start a GoFundMe account, have every Bengal fan donate $1 and be allowed to attach a message to the "wonderful" commish...

Title the account, thanks for taking money from the fans' pockets. Now, stop with the witch hunt on our LB.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
For those of you participating in the media orchestrated anti-Burfict hysteria, Whitworth says you don't understand anything about football.

Quote:Whitworth went through Sunday’s play where Burfict was roasted in Twitterland for taking a shot at Patriots tight end Martellus’ Bennett’s knee away from the play.

“Anybody that understands anything about football knows that that play was a pump fake where they threw it at the tight end,” Whitworth said. “Vontaze put his head down and dove at the tight end's legs like every linebacker in the National Football League does to tackle those big guys. And the ball actually zips right over their head. Martellus even stuck his hands up for a minute thinking he was getting the ball. The story is not that Vontaze got up and apologized to him and said 'I didn't realize you weren't getting the ball.' Martellus has even said that.

“The story is that Vontaze is a monster for doing that. The story should be exactly the situation. It's a bang-bang play, he made a mistake, he got up and immediately apologized to the player. The player even acknowledged that he apologized. But the only thing we're talking about is Vontaze is a monster. Why? Because everyone wants a story. It's not a story. It's irrelevant to talk about it.”
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Bengals-balk-at-Tezian-narrative-Tez-Eifert-limited-Browns-sold-out-On-the-run/0794e229-4f97-4ce6-a49b-5e282299de28
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 08:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....all media is getting to be a real joke.  That's why I like my garage....the loud stereo....cold beers....and either bullshittin or wrenchin.  All this shit is getting old.

Awww man i miss my garage. Recently moved, no garage, devastated.  Anyway its just amazing that there are other angles out there that show he didnt do anything yet the media just turns a blind eye that way. I get it with his rep but damn. You would think someone would say or show something.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 01:09 AM)Roland Wrote: For those of you participating in the media orchestrated anti-Burfict hysteria, Whitworth says you don't understand anything about football.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Bengals-balk-at-Tezian-narrative-Tez-Eifert-limited-Browns-sold-out-On-the-run/0794e229-4f97-4ce6-a49b-5e282299de28

Well.....I guess I still know a little about the game then.  I said the same thing about that play when I saw it.  Folks said I was making excuses.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 01:11 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Awww man i miss my garage. Recently moved, no garage, devastated.  Anyway its just amazing that there are other angles out there that show he didnt do anything yet the media just turns a blind eye that way. I get it with his rep but damn. You would think someone would say or show something.

Truth often times doesn't sell clicks/ratings/papers/ads or drive agendas......it's why it is often reported days later on "the back page".

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 01:09 AM)Roland Wrote: For those of you participating in the media orchestrated anti-Burfict hysteria, Whitworth says you don't understand anything about football.

Hit the nail on the head, gotta love whit
Reply/Quote
I think the bottom line with all of this is the fact that Whit and all who agree is correct, BUT there is nothing that is going to change the target on his back, regardless of right or wrong. No doubt in anyone's mind here that the Bengals are going to get the short end of the officiating stick as well, whether 55 is on the field or not.

Taking the target into consideration, I think the best thing for Burfict, is to play like the enforcer from whistle to whistle! Once the whistle blows ... walk away.
Reply/Quote

I LOVE the fact Whitworth calls out Mike Mitchell for being dirty. Glad to see (some of) the players feel the same way as us fans. Too bad the media won't ever call out players from Pitt, NE, Balt, Dallas, Seattle, or Denver.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Pure gold by Whit.  Tells it like it is.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 11:37 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Pure gold by Whit.  Tells it like it is.

Almost every team has a Burfict, it just doesn't get blown out of proportion like this is.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 02:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Of course not, that doesn't fit the narrative.  This is the media IN GENERAL.....all sensationalism, no truth.

Atleast we have some people that know it like yourself Wyche..
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Atleast we have some people that know it like yourself Wyche..

Ditto.  They will create a story even if one isn't there.
Reply/Quote