Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burfict Again
(10-19-2016, 11:55 AM)J24 Wrote: The hit was legal the NFL would rather them go low then high.

Yeah, I know....but I didn't see anything in the other clip.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We dodged a bullet by VB not getting suspended. I'd like to think that he would realize that and vow not to do crap like that anymore but I have my doubts.
Reply/Quote
You see the Broncos , Patriots or Steelers can be as dirty as they want. They are Winners and Bullies. Nobody criticizes winners, because they get the ratings, they sell the Jerseys and Merchandise.

When the losers ..ie.. underdogs/Bullied fight back they get punished and deemed dirty or demons. This is a microcosm of society really.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:45 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I wanted to a separate thread to make sure everyone sees it. My son discovered this.

I truly believe Burfict is good for the Bengals D, but this is the kind of stuff that's going to bring him down and the whole team will end up suffering.

If you watch closely, Blount is on the ground and Burfict starts stepping on his legs, Blount gets up and pushes Burfict into Brady.

Also watch Brady before Blount gets up and when Burfict starts his junk, Brady starts pointing and looking at the refs.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/788157960010825728/video/1

they show'd another angle of it and burfict wasn't stepping on anyone
Reply/Quote
At least we can come to grips with our dirty player unlike those piss towel waivers who would rather jump off a cliff then admit that a scum bag like Mike Mitchell is dirty.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 11:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's nuts.....if I were on that committee, and HAD to pick which to fine....it'd be the hit.  I saw nothing in the scrum.

If you were on the committee you'd know that there was nothing illegal about it.  This was entirely manufactured by hysterical Pats fanboys being echoed people who don't really understand the sport in the first place.  Marvin Lewis would giggle at this point.

The fine for Blount I suspect is a "presumed guilty" fine because the video really doesn't show anything and, in fact, seems to support that nothing happened.  Hopefully he'll get the message that he needs to just stay away from those situations.

It will be interesting to see if we get more clarification.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000723905/article/vontaze-burfict-fined-75k-for-unnecessary-roughness
Reply/Quote
He stomp... multiple angles, and nothing that screams stomp. I don't know how you fine that. This isn't like the Suh stomp.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He was fined 75K per Twitter.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Right or wrong, I just don't know how much more needs to happen for Burfict, and anyone in here that doesn't 'get it' yet, finally gets it about the target on his back!!!

Once the play is whistled dead, walk away, or go to the refs like he did with Gronk's taunting when refs look the other way!!! Don't hand me that BS about him having to 'change' his play! Just walk away!

Kuechly does it all the time and it hasn't hampered his 'enforcer' attitude and level of play.

Yes, the Steelers, Pats, and Packers will continue to get away with these things, but guess what, there's nothing fans can do but piss and moan.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 12:44 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: At least we can come to grips with our dirty player unlike those piss towel waivers who would rather jump off a cliff then admit that a scum bag like Mike Mitchell is dirty.

No doubt!  If Mitchell were a Bengal he'd be as much if not more of a walking time bomb target than Burfict is.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 12:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they show'd another angle of it and burfict wasn't stepping on anyone

It doesn't matter, it's Burfict, he has to start walking away after the whistle.
Reply/Quote
Happy it was just a fine, a hefty fine, but still it is much better than a suspension.

Don't think he deserved a fine either. Just was bound to happen. Burfict should know better than to put himself in these situations.

The league will hit him everytime..
Reply/Quote
I personally don't mind it seeing as football is/should be a tough nasty sport at the professional level . However the NFL has evolved away from that and this will get you fined , suspended , blasted on social media , and eventually hurt your team . All this leads back to Marvin L . And his lack of control has happened every year since he has been here . Problem has started and should end with his departure
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 12:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they show'd another angle of it and burfict wasn't stepping on anyone

It didnt look like he stepped on him at all. Looked like blount was reacting to burfict grabbing is facemask.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Not one media outlet showing this. Whatever
https://gfycat.com/MedicalHardtofindGelding

I think i'm about ***** done. I just don't understand the game anymore. Too PC.

I mean..

"Legal" football is VIOLENT. It's a violent game. People get injured badly on legal plays. It's ok to kill someone legally i guess. What's even legal anymore? Roger has destroyed the game.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 12:50 PM)Roland Wrote: If you were on the committee you'd know that there was nothing illegal about it.  This was entirely manufactured by hysterical Pats fanboys being echoed people who don't really understand the sport in the first place.  Marvin Lewis would giggle at this point.

The fine for Blount I suspect is a "presumed guilty" fine because the video really doesn't show anything and, in fact, seems to support that nothing happened.  Hopefully he'll get the message that he needs to just stay away from those situations.

It will be interesting to see if we get more clarification.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000723905/article/vontaze-burfict-fined-75k-for-unnecessary-roughness

Yep....you're right.  I was saying that if I HAD to pick one, I'd go with the hit....nothing was done on the goal line, other than just getting into it with Blount.  I personally felt like he stumbled into Bennett, but if they told me I HAD to pick one to fine him on....it would be the low hit, even though it's legal.  Oh well, at least no suspension.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 02:48 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Not one media outlet showing this. Whatever

I mean..

"Legal" football is VIOLENT. It's a violent game. People get injured badly on legal plays. It's ok to kill someone legally i guess. What's even legal anymore? Roger has destroyed the game.

Of course not, that doesn't fit the narrative.  This is the media IN GENERAL.....all sensationalism, no truth.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 02:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Of course not, that doesn't fit the narrative.  This is the media IN GENERAL.....all sensationalism, no truth.

Yup. And it has made this country sick...and i don't see it getting any better, ever. Mad

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 02:48 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Not one media outlet showing this. Whatever

I mean..

Watch that video and look at #61 cut block Atkins while Atkins was engaged with another lineman. Isn't that an illegal chop block??
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 03:23 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yup. And it has made this country sick...and i don't see it getting any better, ever. Mad

You got that right brother.....it's a damn shame.

Reply/Quote