Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burfict Again
(10-18-2016, 12:41 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Remind me again how many penalties were called on Burfict last Sunday?  Or the last several weeks he has been in there?

exactly some on these boards just want something to talk about smh
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:52 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Not at all.  I'm just flabbergasted at the fact that, knowing what we know about the bias and target, you seem to think he should ignore it and continue to do the 'little things' that we know, he knows, and the NFL knows, that have great probability of taking him off the field.

Like Whit and Jones said, if you think retaliation is necessary, do it incognito, in the pile like everybody else does keeping your self 'clean' with the only eyes that matter.

Never said he should ignore it.  He shouldn't do anything dirty like what he did against Cam several years back, but he also shouldn't stop playing hard.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:53 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: And they are going to look at his history, that is how the world works.  I get pulled over for speeding; I pay the fine and no big deal.  If I have eight speeding tickets, two reckless operation citations, and was found at fault in an accident it is a whole other story.  I go before a judge and chances are that he keeps my license for awhile...

I do not think you can equate this to speeding, but an accidental wreck would be more accurate. Where you hydroplaned and hit another car, but all witnesses and person hit say it was intentional. Speeding is black and white, these instances are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:50 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: After seeing the full videos and angles, a fine is all I can see coming in a perfect world, however because every "expert" and pundit has been only showing the cropped version and convincing the general populous that these are dirty, then I believe he will be suspended because the NFL wants to save face.

Unfortunately the media, be it social or sports venue, tend to play a huge part in all of this.  I think the only media the NFL will 'claim' to be credible, behind closed doors, is the sports media, which can be enough.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:58 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Never said he should ignore it.  He shouldn't do anything dirty like what he did against Cam several years back, but he also shouldn't stop playing hard.  

Kind of like Luke Kuechly?  From what Burfict says they are buds.  I can't imagine Luke hasn't addressed this with him as a concerned friend.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:53 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: And they are going to look at his history, that is how the world works.  I get pulled over for speeding; I pay the fine and no big deal.  If I have eight speeding tickets, two reckless operation citations, and was found at fault in an accident it is a whole other story.  I go before a judge and chances are that he keeps my license for awhile...

Agreed. I got pulled over this last weekend for 50 in a 30. Sheriff gave me a warning. Of course, have zero tickets on my record, I'm not wanted anywhere and don't have a history of being in trouble with the Sheriff's office. If I were Burfict, and had a history with the Sheriff the way he has with the refs, I'd probably have been shackled and patty-wagoned to the station and made to sit in a cell for a day or two.

If you don't have a history with them they assume some error was inadvertent. If you have a history with them they assume there was nothing inadvertent about it at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:59 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I do not think you can equate this to speeding, but an accidental wreck would be more accurate. Where you hydroplaned and hit another car, but all witnesses and person hit say it was intentional. Speeding is black and white, these instances are not.

Many of his past transgressions are pretty much black and white though.  My point was that something minor or even unintentional can become a big deal based on your past history.
Reply/Quote
Penalties are costing us games. Some fair and then others... Still have to clean them up. We have been pretty bad in that department for a bit.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:08 PM)kevin Wrote: It was the Patriots being flagged for unsportsman like conduct, not the Bengals, not Burfict and Jones,......The refs were throwing the flag on the Patriots.....Did anybody watch this game ????
Buddy, we're 2-4. We have the torches and pitchforks out....

"Burfict.... Clean it up!!!!! Coaches.... You all suck!!!!"

It is getting to be a lil much.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:50 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: After seeing the full videos and angles, a fine is all I can see coming in a perfect world, however because every "expert" and pundit has been only showing the cropped version and convincing the general populous that these are dirty, then I believe he will be suspended because the NFL wants to save face.

A microcosm of how the sensationalist media behaves in our society in general.  It's ridiculous.  Whatever happened to good ol Paul Harvey's "Rest.....of the story..."?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 01:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: A microcosm of how the sensationalist media behaves in our society in general.  It's ridiculous.  Whatever happened to good ol Paul Harvey's "Rest.....of the story..."?

The media hasn't been interested in the truth in a long while.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 01:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: A microcosm of how the sensationalist media behaves in our society in general.  It's ridiculous.  Whatever happened to good ol Paul Harvey's "Rest.....of the story..."?

Unfortunately, the 'good ole days' are gone my friend.
Reply/Quote
No one has been able to control Burfict since college. It's why he went undrafted.
Reply/Quote
Here we go! The 'bulls eye' continues to grow! (Waiting for the other shoe to drop!)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/steelers-guard-says-vontaze-burfict-is-putting-players-livelihoods-at-risk/ar-AAj6mj1?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 04:04 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Here we go!  The 'bulls eye' continues to grow!  (Waiting for the other shoe to drop!)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/steelers-guard-says-vontaze-burfict-is-putting-players-livelihoods-at-risk/ar-AAj6mj1?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

That clown again?  Damn the Stoolers have turned into some whiny bitches lately! LMAO

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 04:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: That clown again?  Damn the Stoolers have turned into some whiny bitches lately! LMAO

He needs to have a talk with his boy Cody Wallace after the late, inexcusable hit he put on David Bruton last year in Denver.  That was far worse than anything Burfict has done.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 04:50 PM)Earendil Wrote: He needs to have a talk with his boy Mike Wallace after the late, inexcusable hit he put on David Bruton last year in Denver.  That was far worse than anything Burfict has done.

Mike Mitchell?
Reply/Quote
Ref looking dead at him. Yet, where's this infamous stomp?

[Image: midumf.png]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 04:50 PM)Earendil Wrote: He needs to have a talk with his boy Cody Wallace after the late, inexcusable hit he put on David Bruton last year in Denver.  That was far worse than anything Burfict has done.

Yeah, that too.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 04:53 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Ref looking dead at him. Yet, where's this infamous stomp?

[Image: midumf.png]

Ref was standing even closer looking right at Gronk when he immedately started taunting Bengals DB, but also did absolutely nothing.
Reply/Quote