Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burfict Again
(10-18-2016, 08:55 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm a little surprised at some of the Burfict negativity on here. I think many have forgotten how Bengals players have been pushed around, bullied and injured by other teams (specially Pittsburgh) and got away with it over and over again. Some injuries severe and costly to the season. I am glad we have players who even the field. Yet, not at times when it costs us the game.

Did Burfict's antics save Eifert or Gio from getting knocked out by helmet to helmet hits last year?  Did it stop Munchak from mugging Reggie on the sidelines?  Has it translated into wins over the Steelers?  What did it really accomplish besides getting him suspended and possibly costing us a playoff win?

Want to get back at the Steelers?  Beat them, simple as that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:05 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: He said he was done with this.  If the fines and his suspension wasn't enough, he probably does need to go.

No discipline whatsoever!!

Never once did I hear him say that he was done with this. I recall him saying the exact opposite, actually. "Im going to keep playing the way ive always been playing" 

Bold strategy cotton, hope it works out. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I watched both videos. There is no clear evidence that Burfict did anything. A lot of you are assuming based purely on Blounts reaction.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Vontaze Burfict enters the final year of his contract next year. No doubt that he needs to shape up next year if not this year, as things like this can definitely affect his future earnings with whatever team he were to go to.

I don't think he cares.  I read that between fines and suspensions, he has lost over $600k in earnings.  Yes, he got the $19 million contract, but $600k is still a lot of money.  Enough that it would have gotten his attention if it were going to.

It's just like Eifert with the injuries.  It does not matter how talented you are if you can't stay on the field.  At least with Eifert it is beyond his control.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 08:51 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Riddle me this... if he was trying to avoid stepping on anyone, then why would he go walking into the middle of a pile in the first place?  He was two yards out, the play was over.  There was no reason for him to be there.

I'm thinking that he was going to pull Blount back because Blount was taking another stab at getting Williams' eyeballs out.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 10:17 AM)Roland Wrote: I'm thinking that he  was going to pull Blount back because Blount was taking another stab at getting Williams' eyeballs out.

And you could possibly be right.  The problem is we're talking about Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 10:06 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I watched both videos. There is no clear evidence that Burfict did anything. A lot of you are assuming based purely on Blounts reaction.

Again, it doesn't matter what we think Weezy.  We are talking about the guy with the biggest bulls eye in the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:22 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Problem is, you aren't on the NFL commissioner or on the committee that determines fines and suspensions.

Yes. This is true.

But man, it would rock if I was commissioner!!
Reply/Quote
Not expecting everyone to agree but I would think we could all agree on this;

Regardless of how anyone here sees what he is doing, it ONLY matters how the guys in the suits and ties see it!!!! Everyone knows, including Burfict, that he has a red bulls eye on his back, and he, himself, said he wasn't going high anymore, and that he wasn't going to anymore BS.

He can play with the same intensity and be the enforcer just like his buddy (Kuechly) does on the Panthers, minus all the BS.

The NFL is going to make an example out of him each and every time.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 10:45 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Not expecting everyone to agree but I would think we could all agree on this;

Regardless of how anyone here sees what he is doing, it ONLY matters how the guys in the suits and ties see it!!!!  Everyone knows, including Burfict, that he has a red bulls eye on his back, and he, himself, said he wasn't going high anymore, and that he wasn't going to anymore BS.

He can play with the same intensity and be the enforcer just like his buddy (Kuechly) does on the Panthers, minus all the BS.

Yeah, I would agree with this.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 10:45 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Not expecting everyone to agree but I would think we could all agree on this;

Regardless of how anyone here sees what he is doing, it ONLY matters how the guys in the suits and ties see it!!!!  Everyone knows, including Burfict, that he has a red bulls eye on his back, and he, himself, said he wasn't going high anymore, and that he wasn't going to anymore BS.

I don't know that he has the maturity and self discipline to walk that fine line between intense and dirty play.  Based on what I have read, he was pretty immature at Arizona.  Then there was the absolute debacle of a combine.  You would like to think that his time in the league, his time around professionals, has caused him to reevaluate some things, but maybe not. 

Perhaps I am remembering wrong, but he seemed hyper focused his first couple years here.  Maybe the big contract caused him to lose that focus and slip back into old ways.
Reply/Quote
Why isn't the second angle of the stomping incident being widely released? Same with the angle of his hit on Bennett that shows Tom Brady pump faking? I've even seen the Bennett clip trimmed down so that it doesn't even show Burfict's left foot getting caught on the turf. People are trying to make this look as bad as they possibly can. I'm expecting a lot of outrage if he isn't suspended and also expecting there to be weekly segments analyzing his every movement until he is eventually suspended.

I get that Burfict isn't a squeaky clean player and there are times I wish he would keep himself above what's going on on the field. I get that he has lost the benefit of the doubt on stuff like this as well, but people are acting like these are the dirtiest hits they have ever seen when there isn't even definitive proof that he purposely took out Bennett and it looks like he might not have even stomped on Blount, let alone done that intentionally.

I get that this NFL is different than the one I grew up with, but I've seen too many other hits and extra curricular activities that are far worse than these go unnoticed, or even get praised, to think this warrants anything more than a warning and a reminder that he is being watched. It's really frustrating as a Bengals fan to have to listen to commentators praise guys like Mike Mitchell while they knock out players with helmet to helmet hits that are just "good, hard nosed football" while Burfict steps awkwardly around a pile and immediately needs banned for life.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 11:04 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't know that he has the maturity and self discipline to walk that fine line between intense and dirty play.  Based on what I have read, he was pretty immature at Arizona.  Then there was the absolute debacle of a combine.  You would like to think that his time in the league, his time around professionals, has caused him to reevaluate some things, but maybe not. 

Perhaps I am remembering wrong, but he seemed hyper focused his first couple years here.  Maybe the big contract caused him to lose that focus and slip back into old ways.

The first couple years were the ball taps, ankle twists, etc. that got him into trouble.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:14 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's Burfict's fault, if you watch closely. Zoom in on the bench.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 11:11 AM)Wyche Wrote: The first couple years were the ball taps, ankle twists, etc. that got him into trouble.

You're right, I was thinking that was after the contract.  I'm just tired of all the BS.

If he gets suspended again, Mike Brown, Katie, and Marvin need to have a heart to heart with him.  Make it known that he needs to take that time off to really contemplate if he wants to be a member of this team.  Point out that he already looks significantly bigger than last year, so he better come back in prime shape.  Let it be known that even though he is an extremely talented player, the organization cannot depend on him at this point.  That he needs to clean up his act right now. Doing so would not only send a message to him (hopefully), but to the rest of the team.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 11:17 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You're right, I was thinking that was after the contract.  I'm just tired of all the BS.

If he gets suspended again, Mike Brown, Katie, and Marvin need to have a heart to heart with him.  Make it known that he needs to take that time off to really contemplate if he wants to be a member of this team.  Point out that he already looks significantly bigger than last year, so he better come back in prime shape.  Let it be known that even though he is an extremely talented player, the organization cannot depend on him at this point.  That he needs to clean up his act right now. Doing so would not only send a message to him (hopefully), but to the rest of the team.

I would agree.  My whole issue is that the league is inconsistent.  Where is the outrage over Talib's continued infractions?  Mike Mitchell's head shots?  Burfict made this bed, don't get me wrong, but I just don't see his play any worse than some others around the league.  He needs to take a page out of Suh's book.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 11:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: I would agree.  My whole issue is that the league is inconsistent.  Where is the outrage over Talib's continued infractions?  Mike Mitchell's head shots?  Burfict made this bed, don't get me wrong, but I just don't see his play any worse than some others around the league.  He needs to take a page out of Suh's book.

Has Suh been in trouble since he got to Miami?  I know his attitude has sucked at times, but I don't remember hearing about more fines.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 11:33 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Has Suh been in trouble since he got to Miami?  I know his attitude has sucked at times, but I don't remember hearing about more fines.

Not that I'm aware of, and that's what I was getting at.  He was a real beast for a few years, then he finally got the message.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 11:34 AM)Wyche Wrote: Not that I'm aware of, and that's what I was getting at.  He was a real beast for a few years, then he finally got the message.

At some point I would think you get tired of writing checks (and Suh has A LOT more money than Burfict).  Also, maybe Miami let it be known that the stuff that was acceptable in Detroit would not be tolerated. 
Reply/Quote
Its clear Marvin Lewis is either afraid to or just doesn't go at Burfict.

Coward head coache, least disciplined team in the league. It makes sense. You then have to put guys like Atkins and Dalton in question too because they can't be ANY self policing within the players for Burfict to still be doing this
Reply/Quote