Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burfict Again
I agree that 55 needs to be very clean on the field, But after watching the second video it looks like his left foot ( the one in question ) may have hit Hunt's foot as he was walking to the pile. Maybe throwing him a little off balance?? Watch it again and let me know if I'm seeing things..I'm not defending him but his foot may have hit Hunt's Hunt actually pulls his foot back like their feet did hit.
Reply/Quote
It was the Patriots being flagged for unsportsman like conduct, not the Bengals, not Burfict and Jones,......The refs were throwing the flag on the Patriots.....Did anybody watch this game ????
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The dude was freaking walking forward. Give me a break. Good Lord, get a grip people.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 11:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: I would agree.  My whole issue is that the league is inconsistent.  Where is the outrage over Talib's continued infractions?  Mike Mitchell's head shots?  Burfict made this bed, don't get me wrong, but I just don't see his play any worse than some others around the league.  He needs to take a page out of Suh's book.

Once again WW you are right on the mark.  It also bothers me about the officiating inconsistencies.  I know it was a different crew, but the crews should be in sync, to some degree.

How can the hold call on Og be called and not a single hold call during the 'mugging' at Pittsburgh?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:14 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's Burfict's fault, if you watch closely. Zoom in on the bench.

Oh, no doubt rueben.  He made the same things happen while he was on the sidelines at Arizona State.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:08 PM)JumboTron Wrote: The dude was freaking walking forward.  Give me a break.  Good Lord, get a grip people.

LOL  Unbelievable!!!  Do you not get this???  It's the stinkin' NFL that's the one who needs to get a grip!!

Come on JT, you're a smart guy!  
Reply/Quote
Maybe he just tripped into him.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:12 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: LOL  Unbelievable!!!  Do you not get this???  It's the stinkin' NFL that's the one who needs to get a grip!!

Come on JT, you're a smart guy!  

No doubt.  I wasn't aiming it at you, but rather the people around this board (this thread and others) who want the guy gone and cry that Burfict is "a big meany".  Has he cost this team before?  Yes.  But everything he is involved with that results in the ref throwing a flag is not "dirty", or "provoking".  I understand his reputation proceeds him, but some of this criticism is beyond ridiculous.

And the NFL is a joke in how they handle issues of player punishment.  In fact, a joke would be a vast improvement. 
Reply/Quote
You guys can act like you don't care about the bias from the NFL, the only ones who matter, you can pretend there isn't a target on his back and when the hammer comes down, you'll be the first to piss and moan.

Yes, Burfict is the least of the team issues, but if he keeps it up, he won't even be on the sidelines, will be watching games at home and losing money .... AGAIN!!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:16 PM)JumboTron Wrote: No doubt.  I wasn't aiming it at you, but rather the people around this board (this thread and others) who want the guy gone and cry that Burfict is "a big meany".  Has he cost this team before?  Yes.  But everything he is involved with that results in the ref throwing a flag is not "dirty", or "provoking".  I understand his reputation proceeds him, but some of this criticism is beyond ridiculous.

And the NFL is a joke in how they handle issues of player punishment.  In fact, a joke would be a vast improvement. 

So, we know it's the bias and inconsistent BS from the NFL and the only way he keeps his job on the field is to knock it off, you don't see the fact that he hasn't as an issue on HIS part??
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 10:06 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I watched both videos. There is no clear evidence that Burfict did anything. A lot of you are assuming based purely on Blounts reaction.

No doubt. He clearly didnt lift his left knee up in the air like he was about to do a king fu move, and then step rather quickly with it on the back of Blounts foot/leg.

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: So, we know it's the bias and inconsistent BS from the NFL and the only way he keeps his job on the field is to knock it off, you don't see the fact that he hasn't as an issue on HIS part??

He's been fine so far this season.  End of story.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:26 PM)JumboTron Wrote: He's been fine so far this season.  End of story .....

says the man who has no say so whatsoever, and will be the first to piss and moan if he gets more than fines!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:27 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: says the man who has no say so whatsoever, and will be the first to piss and moan if he gets more than fines!  Wink

I won't "piss and moan" if he gets fined or suspended.  I would be frustrated because he plays hard and with a great deal of intensity and that it would result in him being punished because of prior incidents.  I'm fully aware the bias of the league and the repercussions that results from said bias. 

You are of the belief that if Burfict gets punished that I will lose it.  No.  I know the NFL has it out for guys like 55.  What I also know is that Burfict plays extremely hard.  I am okay with that.  The plays against NE may result in fines or whatever, but I know what my eyes told me, and that is he did not do anything dirty.  That's fine by me.  He is going be a target due to bias no matter what he does, and that is a fact.
Reply/Quote
I'm just gonna assume he gets suspended for this.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Seriously though, as a coach, if you can't even controlled your players, what good are you? Someone who is supose to have a "bond" with vontaze refuses to keep him in check. It's another reason we have game after game with costly penalties. If you're just letting your guys do whatever they want, why even have a head coach?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:39 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Seriously though, as a coach, if you can't even controlled your players, what good are you? Someone who is supose to have a "bond" with vontaze refuses to keep him in check. It's another reason we have game after game with costly penalties. If you're just letting your guys do whatever they want, why even have a head coach?

Remind me again how many penalties were called on Burfict last Sunday?  Or the last several weeks he has been in there?
Reply/Quote
After seeing the full videos and angles, a fine is all I can see coming in a perfect world, however because every "expert" and pundit has been only showing the cropped version and convincing the general populous that these are dirty, then I believe he will be suspended because the NFL wants to save face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:34 PM)JumboTron Wrote:  

You are of the belief that if Burfict gets punished that I will lose it.  No.  I know the NFL has it out for guys like 55.  What I also know is that Burfict plays extremely hard.  I am okay with that.  The plays against NE may result in fines or whatever, but I know what my eyes told me, and that is he did not do anything dirty.  That's fine by me.  He is going be a target due to bias no matter what he does, and that is a fact.

Not at all.  I'm just flabbergasted at the fact that, knowing what we know about the bias and target, you seem to think he should ignore it and continue to do the 'little things' that we know, he knows, and the NFL knows, that have great probability of taking him off the field.

Like Whit and Jones said, if you think retaliation is necessary, do it incognito, in the pile like everybody else does keeping your self 'clean' with the only eyes that matter.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:50 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: After seeing the full videos and angles, a fine is all I can see coming in a perfect world, however because every "expert" and pundit has been only showing the cropped version and convincing the general populous that these are dirty, then I believe he will be suspended because the NFL wants to save face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they are going to look at his history, that is how the world works.  I get pulled over for speeding; I pay the fine and no big deal.  If I have eight speeding tickets, two reckless operation citations, and was found at fault in an accident it is a whole other story.  I go before a judge and chances are that he keeps my license for awhile...
Reply/Quote