Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burfict Again
(10-18-2016, 12:34 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm going to have to argue that this type of behavior reflects as much, if not more so, on the coach as much as it does the player.

This type of continuing play tells me a couple of things:  

1.) Marvin, for whatever reason, has been unable to teach him or get him to do otherwise.  And that's kind of part of the gig.  It's not the only part, and it may not even be the biggest part of the job.  But part of being a coach in this league is getting your players to respond to what you're saying and teaching.  Part of the job is having your players listen to you and execute your commands.  

Agree.  When I read that article about how Marvin was supposedly helping him to mature by doing stuff like babysitting him after plays where he gets into a staredown with a linemen it really struck me as odd.  The guy doesn't need a babysitter.  He needs to understand that he has two options:
1. Control himself
2. Getting cut/suspended indefinitely
He shouldn't need a babysitter is my point, just someone to remind him of what his options are.

I don't really know what to make of this supposed "stomping" tape...you can't really see his feet at that angle.  During the game I didn't see any instance of Burfict blatantly crossing the line. The thing that irritated me was that Adam Jones definitely did when he AGAIN escalated a scrum by jumping into the thick of it to shove someone.  Jones knows that Marvin would never bench him or suspend him for detrimental conduct, so he goes and makes the exact same mistake as before.   It was kind of embarrassing to watch, really.
Reply/Quote
Here's a better view of the incident: https://gfycat.com/DirtyCheeryDuck

I won't embed it because it's a huge video file but to me it shows Burfict carefully places both feet down. We can see that the first foot definitely isn't on Blount and the second one can't be on him with much (any?) pressure because Blount jumps right up without any of the difficulty you'd normally expect from trying to get up when a man is stood on your leg.

I'm giving Burfict the benefit of the doubt on this one but I'll keep looking for more angles that might definitively clear him.

EDIT: I need to get to work but I have definitive proof from the other coaches film angle that shows he isn't stood on anyone.

[Image: dcBpGGG.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 04:14 AM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: Here's a better view of the incident: https://gfycat.com/DirtyCheeryDuck

I won't embed it because it's a huge video file but to me it shows Burfict carefully places both feet down.  We can see that the first foot definitely isn't on Blount and the second one can't be on him with much (any?) pressure because Blount jumps right up without any of the difficulty you'd normally expect from trying to get up when a man is stood on your leg.

I'm giving Burfict the benefit of the doubt on this one but I'll keep looking for more angles that might definitively clear him.

EDIT: I need to get to work but I have definitive proof from the other coaches film angle that shows he isn't stood on anyone.

Ya know.....from that angle it looks as if he is trying not to step on his own teammate on the ground and if he did step on Blount....it was inadvertent.  Thanks for the work.  It just goes to show.....never jump to conclusions until you have all of the evidence before you.  Jury is still out for me after seeing this.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 04:14 AM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: Here's a better view of the incident: https://gfycat.com/DirtyCheeryDuck

I won't embed it because it's a huge video file but to me it shows Burfict carefully places both feet down. We can see that the first foot definitely isn't on Blount and the second one can't be on him with much (any?) pressure because Blount jumps right up without any of the difficulty you'd normally expect from trying to get up when a man is stood on your leg.

It looks like he is trying to pull Blount, and and you can see him pull him by the jersey, he does step on his leg but seems to quickly move it off and put it on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I've said b4 Marvin has no control over his team! As bad as I hate the Sqeelers, when Cower was coach ,I watched him get in a players face lot's of time!
Reply/Quote
Maybe the rest of the defense ought to get the same attitude as burfict! "Smash Mouth" football!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm sure the Burfict Brigade will continue to insist Burfict wasn't instigating stuff out there.  

I said it before, I'll say It again.  Burfict just can't be trusted not to lose it in these big games.  It was the same thing at Arizona State.  He needs to go.

First time I am finally agreeing with this.  If he hasn't learned his lesson by now...and Marv is such a master motivator that he clearly has him on the straight and narrow. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 04:14 AM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: Here's a better view of the incident: https://gfycat.com/DirtyCheeryDuck

I won't embed it because it's a huge video file but to me it shows Burfict carefully places both feet down.  We can see that the first foot definitely isn't on Blount and the second one can't be on him with much (any?) pressure because Blount jumps right up without any of the difficulty you'd normally expect from trying to get up when a man is stood on your leg.

Riddle me this... if he was trying to avoid stepping on anyone, then why would he go walking into the middle of a pile in the first place?  He was two yards out, the play was over.  There was no reason for him to be there.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 08:40 AM)junglefever67 Wrote: Maybe the rest of the defense ought to get the same attitude as burfict!  "Smash Mouth" football!

I'm a little surprised at some of the Burfict negativity on here. I think many have forgotten how Bengals players have been pushed around, bullied and injured by other teams (specially Pittsburgh) and got away with it over and over again. Some injuries severe and costly to the season. I am glad we have players who even the field. Yet, not at times when it costs us the game.

Reply/Quote
Dude, Burfict is the least of our mother ***** problems. You guys totally ignore the time when Blount put his hand up Burfict's face mask, right? "Wasn't a facemask, so the ref picked up the flag." 

Do that to Tom Brady's face and leave a permanent scar, you're probably ejected and suspended.

If you want to talk about "crucial times", fire Mike Nugent. I can totally see us needing a field goal from 50 yards in the playoffs, and doink. What a way to lose.

We're 2-4 and you guys want to get rid of Burfict.  Hilarious
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
blob:https://vine.co/10df2baf-9f0b-412e-bfdf-ded64f04ec72

I hope this works...

Dang, I can't seem to copy the vine...it was the Dalton hit after two steps, with clear vision of the ball being out, and being driven in to the ground.  If anyone can help post that vine, I'd appreciate it.

In a game where piggy stands in the pocket all day because his guys are blatantly holding, Dalton takes a shot like this.  So much for protecting QBs.  If that had been Brady, Rogers, or even piggy himself, there would have been 5 flags on the field.   This is what I hate about the NFL.  Almost as much as I hate Marv's tolerance of it all.  
Reply/Quote
It's Burfict's fault, if you watch closely. Zoom in on the bench.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:04 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Dude, Burfict is the least of our mother ***** problems. You guys totally ignore the time when Blount put his hand up Burfict's face mask, right? "Wasn't a facemask, so the ref picked up the flag." 

Do that to Tom Brady's face and leave a permanent scar, you're probably ejected and suspended.

If you want to talk about "crucial times", fire Mike Nugent. I can totally see us needing a field goal from 50 yards in the playoffs, and doink. What a way to lose.

It was Shawn Williams, but your point is duly noted, and I agree.

There was some jawing going on, and Burfict went into the pile to address it.  It's really that simple.  It's like some folks on here have never been involved in a goal line scrum in an already hotly contested game with emotions running high.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:04 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Dude, Burfict is the least of our mother ***** problems. You guys totally ignore the time when Blount put his hand up Burfict's face mask, right? "Wasn't a facemask, so the ref picked up the flag." 

Somewhere in there I felt you we're actually supporting our Bengals? Nice!

Reply/Quote

So getting X games suspensions, 15 yard penalties, and making us look bad with these antics is something that benefits this team somehow? he's a pro and should realize that the instigator never gets the flag, but the retaliation almost always does. How about we try to once and hold our composure when this happens? Teams are locked into baiting certain players because they bite so many times. Stop doing this and you will stop having people try to rattle your cage. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
As we embark on this lost season, the true character of this team and it's fans will be tested. By seasons end, we'll likely have turned on everyone. Wonder how long it'll take before our "passionate" players become cancers etc.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Vontaze Burfict enters the final year of his contract next year. No doubt that he needs to shape up next year if not this year, as things like this can definitely affect his future earnings with whatever team he were to go to.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
People always use children's logic to defend Burfict' "well he did it too" or "did you see what he did". It doesn't work that way. Burfict put the target on his back. He seems to enjoy being the villain, but wants to also be the victim.

I have no problem with him being an enforcer. I love the fire and intensity he brings to the D. I hate that he still won't get it through his thick skull that all eyes are on him. He needs to play more disciplined. He has to make smarter decisions. That doesn't mean he can't play tough, but have some self control. He cannot help the team if he cannot be on the field.

I don't care how talented he is, if he can't stay on the field what good is he really doing? I'm not saying get rid of Burfict. I am asking people to step back and look at this objectively. Is it better to have him 10 games or 16? He has all of the talent it takes to be a true great, but he limits himself by always being in the middle of ignorant shit.
Reply/Quote
Meh..hitting someone in the ribs with pads as hard as possible is ok even though you might bust their spine acripple them for life, but stepping on toes? *GASP!* naughty naughty..
It's a very inherently violent game. Get rid of all the violent acts in the game and it's no longer a game. It's something else. Fact is we like violence until it happens to us then it's a high crime. It's a bit like prison. Everyone agrees we need prisons, but go and get arrested and your views about prisons change radically..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:27 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: So getting X games suspensions, 15 yard penalties, and making us look bad with these antics is something that benefits this team somehow? he's a pro and should realize that the instigator never gets the flag, but the retaliation almost always does. How about we try to once and hold our composure when this happens? Teams are locked into baiting certain players because they bite so many times. Stop doing this and you will stop having people try to rattle your cage. 

He's already targeted, that's the problem. Right or wrong, it is what it is.  Because of the target he has once the NFL looks at this clip, plus the Bennett one, I will be stunned if he doesn't get suspended, BS or not. 

Bengals are already up against the officiating bias, which is tough enough.

He can't help the team if he's suspended.
Reply/Quote