Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burfict Again
(10-19-2016, 03:27 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Watch that video and look at #61 cut block Atkins while Atkins was engaged with another lineman. Isn't that an illegal chop block??

I would say no because he didnt target Geno directly with his shoulder pads as he clearly went low on Dunlap. If he did, then yeah it would be illegal. 

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great, now Burfict was carted off the practice field today with some kind of leg injury, per local news sources
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 04:23 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Great, now Burfict was carted off the practice field today with some kind of leg injury, per local news sources

Apparently it's a rolled ankle. The cart was for precautions.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 04:38 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Apparently it's a rolled ankle. The cart was for precautions.

Whew ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 04:38 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Apparently it's a rolled ankle. The cart was for precautions.

Not at all trying to be a smart ass, but I get concerned when I hear rolled or tweaked ankle... a sprained ankle around here can be anything from a month to nine months.
Reply/Quote

Phew, ankles never take long to heal.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 04:48 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Not at all trying to be a smart ass, but I get concerned when I hear rolled or tweaked ankle... a sprained ankle around here can be anything from a month to nine months.

Career ending bone bruise.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 04:51 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Career ending bone bruise.

Whenever I hear the word "bruise" I always wonder if the guy's career is over Nervous
Reply/Quote
Whenever I hear the word "EIfert", I assume it's followed by is out for the next 2 seasons, rather than caught a TD
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 04:48 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Not at all trying to be a smart ass, but I get concerned when I hear rolled or tweaked ankle... a sprained ankle around here can be anything from a month to nine months.

I was going to say, is this a "no big deal" injury that only lasts 10+ months ala Eifert OR a "no big deal injury" that only lingers for 3+ months ala Kroft?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:30 AM)jj22 Wrote: As we embark on this lost season, the true character of this team and it's fans will be tested. By seasons end, we'll likely have turned on everyone. Wonder how long it'll take before our "passionate" players become cancers etc.

Burfict and Pacman = cancer
AJ Green isn't elite
Andy Dalton is somehow to blame for everything
LaFell and Dansby were awful signings
Everyone else sucks (except Gio, who seems immune to criticism)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
D.Williams is crying about Burfict all on Twiiter.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 05:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: D.Williams is crying about Burfict all on Twiiter.

Rooney and the Steelers have made it a personal mission to force Burfict out of the league.

Why should the Steelers stop talking? They never get punished and their strategy is working flawlessly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The only criticism we can give Gio is he is small, but there isn't anything he can do about that. Otherwise, what on earth can we do to criticize him? In that sense, is he our best player?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 06:30 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The only criticism we can give Gio is he is small, but there isn't anything he can do about that. Otherwise, what on earth can we do to criticize him? In that sense, is he our best player?

Not even close. 

Reply/Quote
Burfict was fined $75,000 for the stomp, nothing for the knee hit. His total is now over $800,000.
Reply/Quote
The NFL fined Burfict $75,000 for stomping on Blount Wednesday. Burfict is appealing the fine, and Lewis thinks Burfict can win the appeal.

“I don’t think he did anything wrong,” Lewis said, per the team’s official transcript. “We were not in the wrong here, in my opinion. It’s unfortunate. That’s what I’ve told people, stood on, and will continue to stand on.

“I don’t think he meant to do anything. I’ve been through it back and forth. I see him trying to step through [the pile of players] and going to help the teammate who has a hand of another player on his facemask, pushing him in the face. That’s what he’s trying to get to.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/19/lewis-defends-burfict-says-he-was-fined-for-his-reputation/
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 07:25 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: The NFL fined Burfict $75,000 for stomping on Blount Wednesday. Burfict is appealing the fine, and Lewis thinks Burfict can win the appeal.

“I don’t think he did anything wrong,” Lewis said, per the team’s official transcript. “We were not in the wrong here, in my opinion. It’s unfortunate. That’s what I’ve told people, stood on, and will continue to stand on.

“I don’t think he meant to do anything. I’ve been through it back and forth. I see him trying to step through [the pile of players] and going to help the teammate who has a hand of another player on his facemask, pushing him in the face. That’s what he’s trying to get to.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/19/lewis-defends-burfict-says-he-was-fined-for-his-reputation/

For once.....Marvin and I are in 100% agreement.  That's how I saw it too.....once we were "allowed" to see the other views.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 04:51 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Career ending bone bruise.

LMAO........ Hilarious Nice
Reply/Quote
Does anyone have another angle of this play everyone keeps talking about. Thanks.
Reply/Quote