Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Shares Steelers' Dirty Plays On Twitter
(09-13-2017, 03:49 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Prevent who? The D-lineman was a blocker at that point as the Big Pig had just thrown a pick. That's why the lineman shoved him; to stop Ben from tackling someone.

At best it's a holding call.

Edit: not that the blatant hold was flagged either.

He said on a radio show he was worried he'd shove someone else. BS bush league crap.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 05:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: I didn't know you could tackle a player who didnt have the ball. I thought that was a penalty called holding.

The Browns defender even said that the ref was looking right at them and had no clue why one wasn't thrown, however, Ben was trying to tackle the man, albeit it illegally. 

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 04:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You clearly missed the words "after the play".  A simple investment in improving your reading comprehension would probably lower your blood pressure significantly.  Lastly, you're still whining about Ward knocking Keith Rivers TFO?  I suppose it would be embarrassing that a Steelers WR was more physical than anyone on your entire team, but it might be time to let it go.  How many times was Ward suspended btw?

Feel free to enlighten me.

You really think that was Ward's only dirty play or do you just think we're all too stupid to remember what a dirtbag he was/is?

He wasn't suspended because (1) the league was more lenient then and (2) he plays for the Steelers who are allowed to do whatever they want because they make the league a lot of money.

And you're saying it was ok for Ben to attempt to be dirty and injure a player just because it was during the play, regardless of the fact that it was still illegal?!

This keeps getting funnier and funnier.

How do I keep overestimating Steelers fans?!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 04:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Nobody's flipping out, dude, but rather just showing enthusiasm over being happy about how ridiculous/stupid your post is.  I also use caps to try and get you to pay attention to the parts that counter your most ridiculous points.

How was that trying to bring him down and why was Ben trying to bring him down?  Did he think the guy was going to go make a tackle or was planning on going to block other people? They were out of the play and the defender was facing him.  He wasn't trying to bring him down.  He was trying to injure him because he's a punk rapist.

That's why anyone who thinks logically doesn't bother with you.

Bud, you really need to take a second look at posts before you respond because you end up trying to argue against points no one made. 

Hell, even in this post you clearly aren't even clear on what happened on that play. Ben already stated why he did this in a radio interview. It was BS, but there's no mystery over what he was thinking. His actions also resulted in the Browns defender going to the ground, so when you say "he wasn't trying to bring him down", you're just hilariously wrong. 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/browns-player-nfl-refs-ben-roethlisberger-cheap-shot-steelers

Here's the full video showing him doing what you just said he wasn't tying to do. LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 07:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Bud, you really need to take a second look at posts before you respond because you end up trying to argue against points no one made. 

Hell, even in this post you clearly aren't even clear on what happened on that play. Ben already stated why he did this in a radio interview. It was BS, but there's no mystery over what he was thinking. His actions also resulted in the Browns defender going to the ground, so when you say "he wasn't trying to bring him down", you're just hilariously wrong. 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/browns-player-nfl-refs-ben-roethlisberger-cheap-shot-steelers

Here's the full video showing him doing what you just said he wasn't tying to do. LOL

I meant that he wasn't trying to bring him down in a football move, he was obviously trying to bring him down to injure him. 

But you mean Ben didn't come out and admit that he was trying to injure a player?!  Wow.................  that's AMAZING!  He must be being completely honest!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 07:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I meant that he wasn't trying to bring him down in a football move, he was obviously trying to bring him down to injure him. 

But you mean Ben didn't come out and admit that he was trying to injure a player?!  Wow.................  that's AMAZING!  He must be being completely honest!

At this point I don't even think you watched it

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 06:12 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: One thing we can all agree on. Big Ben is the best QB Bengal fans  have ever had the pleasure of watching. ThumbsUp

Your sig is hilarious but that post is really dumb. Sad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 07:33 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: At this point I don't even think you watched it

Please attempt to explain how he was just trying to bring him down in a football move.

Why was he trying to bring him down?  The ball was obviously behind him, and not like he was running towards it, so why would Ben try and bring him down?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 07:33 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: At this point I don't even think you watched it

Why was Ben only trying to "block him" or stop him from making a play after the player knocked Ben over?  Did Ben decide "oh, I thought he was just out here stretching his legs but he must really be in the play"?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 07:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Please attempt to explain how he was just trying to bring him down in a football move.

You said he wasn't trying to bring him down. He was. Now you're trying to qualify your statement because you didn't watch the video. 

Quote:Why was he trying to bring him down?  The ball was obviously behind him, and not like he was running towards it, so why would Ben try and bring him down?

It wasn't a football move, it was a wrestling move. It was bush league. Ben claims he wanted to prevent him from hitting his teammates the same way he was hit. I think he was just salty and is a punk *****. 

(09-13-2017, 07:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why was Ben only trying to "block him" or stop him from making a play after the player knocked Ben over?  Did Ben decide "oh, I thought he was just out here stretching his legs but he must really be in the play"?

At this point you've forgotten that at no point have I ever justified what he did. Here's a refresher:

"As a neutral party, he appears to be suggesting that, whether or not it is dirty aside (which it is), Ben was trying to make a tackle by pulling from the ankle where Burfict was just twisting someone's ankle with the intent to injure them as it occurred after the tackle has been made. "

and you responded:

"There's no possible way you're believing or expecting anyone else to believe the bullshit you're posting!"

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 09:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You said he wasn't trying to bring him down. He was. Now you're trying to qualify your statement because you didn't watch the video. 

You're full of shit and, as always, you post ridiculous claims to fit your narrative.

It's actually pretty sad.

(09-13-2017, 09:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It wasn't a football move, it was a wrestling move. It was bush league. Ben claims he wanted to prevent him from hitting his teammates the same way he was hit. I think he was just salty and is a punk *****. 
Once again, another bullshit claim that I didn't even watch it and you ignore my question of why was he trying to bring him down if it wasn't to injure him?  The guy he was "trying to bring down" was nowhere near the play and wasn't even facing that direction.

(09-13-2017, 09:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: At this point you've forgotten that at no point have I ever justified what he did. Here's a refresher:

"As a neutral party, he appears to be suggesting that, whether or not it is dirty aside (which it is), Ben was trying to make a tackle by pulling from the ankle where Burfict was just twisting someone's ankle with the intent to injure them as it occurred after the tackle has been made. "

and you responded:

"There's no possible way you're believing or expecting anyone else to believe the bullshit you're posting!"

lol.

You didn't try to justify it, but "Ben was just trying to make a tackle."

That's trying to justify it by making it out to be something normal.

I think you don't even read your own posts to check and see if they make any sense.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 06:12 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: One thing we can all agree on. Big Ben is the best QB Bengal fans  have ever had the pleasure of watching. ThumbsUp

Hilarious 

[Image: 2017%2F06%2F10%2F9d%2Fe2e8b559c5884403a4....ee83e.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 09:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're full of shit and, as always, you post ridiculous claims to fit your narrative.

It's actually pretty sad.

Once again, another bullshit claim that I didn't even watch it and you ignore my question of why was he trying to bring him down if it wasn't to injure him?  The guy he was "trying to bring down" was nowhere near the play and wasn't even facing that direction.

lol.

You didn't try to justify it, but "Ben was just trying to make a tackle."

That's trying to justify it by making it out to be something normal.

I think you don't even read your own posts to check and see if they make any sense.

You honestly believe this is somewhat true, don't you?

Reply/Quote
This is what I get for being nice lol

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 07:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He said on a radio show he was worried he'd shove someone else. BS bush league crap.

Pancake block; legal.

Tackling and going all Kurt Angle a blocker; holding and unsportsmanlike/unnecessary roughness.

But the Pig will see zero discipline. And even if the NFL caves (gotta protect the shield after all) it'll be a wink and a nod away from being dismissed or reduced to a $20 fine.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 11:06 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Pancake block; legal.

Tackling and going all Kurt Angle a blocker; holding and unsportsmanlike/unnecessary roughness.

But the Pig will see zero discipline. And even if the NFL caves (gotta protect the shield after all) it'll be a wink and a nod away from being dismissed or reduced to a $20 fine.

A ref literally watched it happen. He needs another bloody nose

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 10:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You honestly believe this is somewhat true, don't you?

(09-13-2017, 10:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is what I get for being nice lol

Typical Pat responses: throw out bullshit until you get called out and then act like you're taking the moral high ground and like it's all a joke.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hilarious 

[Image: 2017%2F06%2F10%2F9d%2Fe2e8b559c5884403a4....ee83e.jpg]
Who are those other QB's? Those rings Brady have don't count because the Patriots are cheaters and play dirty. The nfl clearly favor them. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Good morning. BTW, here is the only ring Carrot Top will see.

[Image: 0fynp8t7tmi4b4h6g.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 11:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A ref literally watched it happen. He needs another bloody nose

I'm not sure which is sadder. That Ben will get away with it or the delusional fan base who refuses to acknowledge it under the guise of 'but Burfict' or whatever.

**** the NFL. Everyone wants to protest them about players and the anthem, but nobody wants to protest them for showing a clear bias towards the chosen few teams (i.e: Pittsburgh playing bush league bullshit, Seahawks DBs holding like a mother *****, etc.).
Reply/Quote