Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Burrow doesn't move well in the pocket
(01-27-2022, 04:21 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Too young to have ever watched Anderson and I was 1 when Montana retired so I don't know how he compares play style to those two. I was have to go off of players I've watched and Romo came to mind. It may be and likely are players he compares more closely to. 

Romo aint a bad comparison at all either.  I like the guys I threw out there better mostly cuz of the leadership dynamic.  Physically and I think even statistically that's a very solid take.  Romo didn't find a way in the big moments tho, and so far Burrow has, even though he's just entering his prime.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:35 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Romo aint a bad comparison at all either.  I like the guys I threw out there better mostly cuz of the leadership dynamic.  Physically and I think even statistically that's a very solid take.  Romo didn't find a way in the big moments tho, and so far Burrow has, even though he's just entering his prime.

Romo was talented as heck but  your right, in the big moments he was "meh".

Burrow has that "it" factor so far in his career. 

Carson Palmer used to have it before his injury back in '05
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:30 AM)magikod Wrote: What  year were you born if you don't mind me asking?

1992 here  Rock On

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:39 AM)magikod Wrote: Romo was talented as heck but  your right, in the big moments he was "meh".

Burrow has that "it" factor so far in his career. 

Carson Palmer used to have it before his injury back in '05

You’ve lost your mind. Romo was fantastic in big moments too. It’s not his fault he couldn’t play defense.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 01:54 PM)basballguy Wrote: You’ve lost your mind.  Romo was fantastic in big moments too.  It’s not his fault he couldn’t play defense.

...or hold the ball for the kicker. Ninja
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:01 PM)Mer Wrote: ...or hold the ball for the kicker. Ninja

i'll see myself out
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
He definitely was massively improved against the Chiefs. He surprised me by moving well.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
I can't even take you seriously ... Da hell.. Kong 76 is better than 05... Who cares, they both would get their ass whipped by Godzilla...

Fun Fact.. Godzilla was born 5 miles outside of Cincy.. his real name is Steve Burrow

not sure if there is a relation...

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:42 PM)Adamantium Wrote: He definitely was massively improved against the Chiefs. He surprised me by moving well.

The only time he hasn't done well in the last like 10 weeks was against the Titans. So if that's the only game you watched this year I can understand how you came to the conclusion you did. 
Reply/Quote
Should probably listen to the podcast with Tom Brady and Joe.. Brady made a pretty good living throwing from the pocket and being slow as dry mud.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:01 PM)Mer Wrote: ...or hold the ball for the kicker. Ninja

he mentioned that in the Chiefs game....
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:42 PM)Adamantium Wrote: He definitely was massively improved against the Chiefs. He surprised me by moving well.

Burrow has been moving like that regularly since his LSU days when I saw him play for the first time.

He isn’t a dual threat QB like Kyler Murray that needs a spy. But, he does a a good job of moving around the pocket to avoid the pass rush and extend the play while looking downfield to throw to a receiver. And then he scrambles downfield if needed.

What you saw was a second team All Pro DT dominating a back up tackle playing out of position at guard, a miscommunication between the RT and RG, one sack due to the scheme or a missed blocking assignment, the OC falling flat on his face during one rep. That’s at least 6 of those sacks just off the top of my head.
Reply/Quote
Bump

Silly thread was always silly…

Reply/Quote
Nooooow I remember why I stopped viewing this forum ? ?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 05:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bump

Silly thread was always silly…

Fred was a brick wall on this play jesus.

I wanted to say harsher words when this thread was first made but i didnt.

Im starting to subscribe to the "if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything" mindset.

If I totally shit on the OP what gain do I get for doing it?
-Housh
Reply/Quote