Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow just tweeted...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kid has a great attitude. He’s gonna need it...

Reply/Quote
Well I guess the franchise QB is happy Zac is coming back.
We just have to hope he sees something that we do not see.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dude just wants to play.  I'm not reading into it any more than that.  I can't imagine how anxious he's been to get back on the field after watching the team play without him for several weeks now.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:07 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Dude just wants to play.  I'm not reading into it any more than that.  I can't imagine how anxious he's been to get back on the field after watching the team play without him for several weeks now.  

This.

Bet: Taylor is fired after/during the 2021 season, Burrow expresses excitement for his replacement.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:10 PM)Big Boss Wrote: This.

Bet: Taylor is fired after/during the 2021 season, Burrow expresses excitement for his replacement.  

and Burrow will offer a "Ready to get to work..." statement. All kidding aside, I do appreciate Burrow's passion and professionalism. I hope he can gets this squad back to winning, the playoffs, and beyond.
Reply/Quote
Who would be excited to play for this organization? Lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:10 PM)Big Boss Wrote: This.

I also bet that if Joe had expressed concerns about Zac then we would be looking for a new head coach

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:15 PM)pally Wrote: I also bet that if Joe had expressed concerns about Zac then we would be looking for a new head coach

So are we thinking he had nothing bad to say? I trust Joe more than any of us in here lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Kid has a great attitude. He’s gonna need it...

You can be negative I guess, but the offense was looking pretty good before he went down.

Get these guys healthy on defense and you'll see just how far great QB play will take us.

I would have rolled my eyes last year, but they spent money, they realize they need to spend more.  I'll reserve judgement until May 1.
Reply/Quote
Best way to get paid handsomely — perform well and praise your bosses.
Reply/Quote
He must be reading the backlash/meltdown/Bengals fans flocking to the Browns on Twitter.

This will be a good "how it started" to go along with "how it ended" when the trade or release demand come after 2023.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:15 PM)pally Wrote: I also bet that if Joe had expressed concerns about Zac then we would be looking for a new head coach

I don't think he has quite that much clout yet.  

He's a rookie towing the company line.  He's not going to publicly disparage his head coach.  That's my read on this.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:16 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You can be negative I guess, but the offense was looking pretty good before he went down.

Get these guys healthy on defense and you'll see just how far great QB play will take us.

I would have rolled my eyes last year, but they spent money, they realize they need to spend more.  I'll reserve judgement until May 1.

Ah “wait till next year!” The Bengals way. I’m not holding my breath Zac Taylor can get us out of the AFC North basement. He’s far and away the worst coach in the division.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ah “wait till next year!” The Bengals way. I’m not holding my breath Zac Taylor can get us out of the AFC North basement. He’s far and away the worst coach in the division.

Totally. Tomlin and Harbaugh have won Super Bowls. Stefanski is about to get playoff experience and then there is Zac.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ah “wait till next year!” The Bengals way. I’m not holding my breath Zac Taylor can get us out of the AFC North basement. He’s far and away the worst coach in the division.

With Gase fired, I don't know if there's even any competition for him to be worst in the league (though solid chance he would be anyway, but now there's not even a real conversation).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Burrow sort of reminds me of a heel wrestler who management unwisely tries to turn into a babyface. Um...I'd just like to thank my fat, stupid fans for believing in me. Apparently I couldn't have done it without you even though while I was working out for 6 hours a day you were sitting on your asses eating pizza and drinking beer...couldn't have done it without you.

But seriously folks, there isn't much Burrow can do. He's saying the right things here, but I can only assume a man as addicted to winning as him would "couldn't be more excited" if we canned ZT and replaced him with a coach who was less awful.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:07 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Well I guess the franchise QB is happy Zac is coming back.
We just have to hope he sees something that we do not see.

Burrow says the right things... at the very least.
Reply/Quote

when was the last time a Front office asked a rookie for advice running the franchise?
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping that Bengals experience a complete turnaround next year. I'll be watching from afar and not get drawn in, but at the same time hope they do well.
Reply/Quote