Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow's first 2 games: 'making his own mark in the NFL'
(09-19-2020, 02:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The biggest thing I repeatedly saw was that he was a one year wonder who only thrived because of Joe Brady. Well, after 2 games he looks like a potential franchise QB to me.

As far as actual physical limitations? Idk...small hands? Lol

3 fumbles.

He mentioned the only time it would bother him is when he didn't have 2 hands on the ball in the pocket. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 02:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 3 fumbles.

He mentioned the only time it would bother him is when he didn't have 2 hands on the ball in the pocket. 

I still haven’t seen the Garrett sack, was it how he was holding it or did he just get blasted and it was coming out anyway?

Reply/Quote
Also one was a bad snap by Hopkins.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 06:28 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm just pointing out he's not a franchise QB. Rodgers, Russ, Brees could lead this team to playoffs as well as long as they are not being coached by Taylor. Alex Smith had good career it's not the worst thing in the world to being compared to him. He continually lost for the 49ers despite playing decent. Their wouldn't be a huge drop off between Dalton and Dak either. Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady , Brees types don't need things to be perfect because they have the arm talent to overcome roster deficiencies. Russ has had a garbage line his entire career yet he won a SB and made another

Is this, for real? Like you actually believe this or just want to argue? If you truly believe Burrow is a just a game manager, I'm blown away.

He's a ***** rookie who just made his 2nd NFL start. He is also behind one of the worst OLines in all of football. Yes, I understand Wilson has had bad lines as well. Burrow needs time. He needs the blocking to help the running game as well. I just have no idea how you reach these far out conclusions.

After only 2 NFL starts can I definitively say that Burrow will be a franchise QB? No. He has shown that he is more likely to be a franchise QB than a game manager though.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 03:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I still haven’t seen the Garrett sack, was it how he was holding it or did he just get blasted and it was coming out anyway?

Knocked out of his hand when going back to pass.

Now don't get me wrong. i absolutely love me some Joey B. but it is something I'll keep an eye on. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Pretty much sums up what Burrow's dealing with right now (an insane 19 pressures per game average Mellow):

Know it will be ugly regardless, but pressures per game is kind of a useless stat.

Haskins Week 1: 17 pressures on 31 pass attempts
Burrow Week 2: 21 pressures on 61 pass attempts

Need pressure %.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It’s impressive. He put together a few methodical drives yesterday that I feel would have been 3 and outs with the previous man at QB. Sometimes a scramble on 3rd or a rollout throw is all it takes to get things going.

All the TD passes were impressive, with perfect ball placement.  The last one, well, that was spectacular, as was Boyd's catch.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I thought this stat was interesting:

On 1st downs, Joe has only completed 20 of 43 passes (46.5%) with a QBR of just 63.
But he's a combined 40 of 54 on 2nd, 3rd & 4th downs (74.1%) with a QBR of around 95.

What's creating such a big difference in results on 1st down passing plays compared to all other downs?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 09:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think it’s quite obvious I believe in Joe Burrow. Even more so now after a couple NFL games, one of which he was by far our best player.

And I can say it is also obvious that some believe Burrow has done nothing wrong in two games.. and if you measure best player by his 1st game performance.. that is a low bar.. Dalton has outperformed Burrow in his first two games as a rookie .. i believe a 105 passing rating.. 3 TDs .. zero turnovers also sacked 5 times and being pressured.. I don;t think we gave him near the fanfare we are giving Burrow after two games.. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 03:31 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Is this, for real? Like you actually believe this or just want to argue? If you truly believe Burrow is a just a game manager, I'm blown away.

He's a ***** rookie who just made his 2nd NFL start. He is also behind one of the worst OLines in all of football. Yes, I understand Wilson has had bad lines as well. Burrow needs time. He needs the blocking to help the running game as well. I just have no idea how you reach these far out conclusions.

After only 2 NFL starts can I definitively say that Burrow will be a franchise QB? No. He has shown that he is more likely to be a franchise QB than a game manager though.

Did you say the same after Dalton's first two games.. he had 105 passer rating, 3 TDS, no turnovers.. sacked 5 times with pressure.. 1-1 record... I assume you did not think he was going to be a game manager either.. correct ?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 07:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Did you say the same after Dalton's first two games.. he had 105 passer rating, 3 TDS, no turnovers.. sacked 5 times with pressure.. 1-1 record... I assume you did not think he was going to be a game manager either.. correct ?

MOVE ON

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 07:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Did you say the same after Dalton's first two games.. he had 105 passer rating, 3 TDS, no turnovers.. sacked 5 times with pressure.. 1-1 record... I assume you did not think he was going to be a game manager either.. correct ?

81 yards his first game plus he got hurt, and I believe Gradkowski threw the TD that put them ahead? So a little different situation. He also didn't have nearly the same pressure JB does. I love Andy. loved Andy, but, come on man. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 07:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: MOVE ON

as usual.. a very intelligent comeback from you
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 07:55 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: 81 yards his first game plus he got hurt, and I believe Gradkowski threw the TD that put them ahead? So a little different situation. He also didn't have nearly the same pressure JB does. I love Andy. loved Andy, but, come on man. 

He was sacks 5 times with missing a whole quarter.. and stats are still stats.. he was solid 1st game before hurt.. threw 3 TDs second game and passing rating higher than Burrow.. My point is we seem to want to just place the franchise QB on Burrow after 2 games so did we do the same with Dalton after 2 games?? we tend to say game manager for Dalton when looking back now... 

I do think Dalton had two better games overall than Burrow to start his career.. stats show that.. does not take anything away from Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 08:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He was sacks 5 times with missing a whole quarter.. and stats are still stats.. he was solid 1st game before hurt.. threw 3 TDs second game and passing rating higher than Burrow.. My point is we seem to want to just place the franchise QB on Burrow after 2 games so did we do the same with Dalton after 2 games?? we tend to say game manager for Dalton when looking back now... 

I do think Dalton had two better games overall than Burrow to start his career.. stats show that.. does not take anything away from Burrow.

Stats don't show context. Do you think Burrow has a better O-line and Defense than Andy? He completed 10 passes for 81 yards his first game and was losing/tied when he was hurt. So no telling if they win with him in. He threw 2 TDs his 2nd game. You are intentionally trying to discredit Burrow. The only reason we were even in the Browns game was because of Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 07:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Did you say the same after Dalton's first two games.. he had 105 passer rating, 3 TDS, no turnovers.. sacked 5 times with pressure.. 1-1 record... I assume you did not think he was going to be a game manager either.. correct ?

As someone who was always a fan and supporter of Andy's...I'm not sure I would go down the comparison road after 2 games because the next 2 games of Andy's rookie season, he completed just over 51% of his passes, with 1 td and 4 int's, and a QBR in the low 60's. Are you still gonna be comparing the them after week 4 if Burrow's numbers are better?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 07:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: as usual.. a very intelligent comeback from you

There’s nothing else that needs to be said. Whining about Burrow getting too much praise in comparison to Dalton is just silly, and does nothing to start any actual discussion.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 08:08 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Stats don't show context. Do you think Burrow has a better O-line and Defense than Andy? He completed 10 passes for 81 yards his first game and was losing/tied when he was hurt. So no telling if they win with him in. He threw 2 TDs his 2nd game. You are intentionally trying to discredit Burrow. The only reason we were even in the Browns game was because of Burrow. 

[Image: 81373041.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Can we stop this?

Burrow has been okay his first two games. Rookie mistakes yes but the poor scheme and atrocious blocking especially on the right side has created big problems - it's hard to throw deep when you have to get rid of the ball before the play can actually develop. If you are trying to draw parallels a better one might be that - just like last year and indeed every season since 2015 - our OL problems are scuttling any ability for us to be dynamic in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 07:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And I can say it is also obvious that some believe Burrow has done nothing wrong in two games.. and if you measure best player by his 1st game performance.. that is a low bar.. Dalton has outperformed Burrow in his first two games as a rookie .. i believe a 105 passing rating.. 3 TDs .. zero turnovers also sacked 5 times and being pressured.. I don;t think we gave him near the fanfare we are giving Burrow after two games.. 
Where are you coming up with this?  NO ONE has said anything close to that.  Nobody said he was the best player game one.  In the search for being taking seriously, making shit up is not the right path to take.

And if you can't see the magic already, you ain't really paying attention. And if you're wishing for Dalton back, you have truly been asleep for the last nine years.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote