Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye, Josh Malone and Hardy Nickerson!
(09-01-2019, 04:49 PM)jason Wrote: They may use Williams at LB... Fej more at safety...

I hope they use Shawn Williams at Backer.  He would be great near LOS.  
I am still concerned about OL however.  There is still a chance Dolegala gets booted for OL player.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:51 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Keeping two Nose Tackles and an extra QB bothers me right now.
Also Cooper for Malone is dumb we have good options at KR/PR if Erickson goes down and in the slot. Yet if Ross or Willis gets hurt we have zero backups. That's just a dumbass move no question about it.

I was rooting for Malone and he was listed as my break out player.  Also listed as my Surprised cut.  But Bryant is a better player.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I hope they use Shawn Williams at Backer.  He would be great near LOS.  
I am still concerned about OL however.  There is still a chance Dolegala gets booted for OL player.  

I dont know where that came from but it's not really true. Williams is at his best in cover 2 or as the overhang.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
We running a 5-2 on running downs?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep or...

hang with me here...this is crazy...

They've got some 34 packages in their back pocket and they're going to use Lawson and/or Dunlap on the edges...

I think they go 5 DL but two will be standing and moving around.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:59 PM)Synric Wrote: I dont know where that came from but it's not really true. Williams is at his best in cover 2 or as the overhang.

I think Williams will blitz in packages.   He is good in-the-box type large safety.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:51 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Keeping two Nose Tackles and an extra QB bothers me right now.
Also Cooper for Malone is dumb we have good options at KR/PR if Erickson goes down and in the slot. Yet if Ross or Willis gets hurt we have zero backups. That's just a dumbass move no question about it.

Disagree here Jake. Cooper can play WR and could be a better one for us than Malone has been.

Malone just disappeared when playing against the 1's in the regular season.

Cooper is a much better Returner and could be a better Receiver. Phillips has been muffing Punts.

We have Boyd, Willis, Ross, Tate, Erickson, now Cooper and hopefully Bryant with decent TE's in Sample, Uzi and Eifert.

Plus Mixon, Gio, Traveon and Perine are all good at catching the ball.
Reply/Quote
Malone was not going to break into the lineup pretty clearly. He had chances but also showed he had intermittent drop issues and didn't necessarily play the ball in the air that well. Add in the emergence of Damion Willis and Malone became expendable.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Disagree here Jake. Cooper can play WR and could be a better one for us than Malone has been.

Cooper is a much better Returner and could be a better Receiver. Phillips has been muffing Punts.

We have Boyd, Willis, Ross, Tate, Erickson, now Cooper and hopefully Bryant with decent TE's in Sample, Uzi and Eifert.

Cooper averaged 7.6 yards a catch and has 4 fumbles on 26 offensive touches. Also he is a pure slot guy vs Malone who is an outside guy. 
Who replaces Willis or Ross if they get hurt? Tate? Maybe But he is more Eiferts backup then a pure WR(no doubt a valuable role ). 
If we were going to replace Malone I would rather have had Doctson then Cooper 10 out of 10 times.
Also while Phillips might have struggled with PR against the chiefs dude was an all American in college as a Returned.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I remember watching Cooper here in SC a few years back and he was pretty much their offense at the time. He didn't drop too many passes. I'm kind of surprised he was cut then subsequently picked up by the Bengals. I'm glad to have the guy with the team. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:17 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Cooper averaged 7.6 yards a catch and has 4 fumbles on 26 offensive touches. Also he is a pure slot guy vs Malone who is an outside guy. 
Who replaces Willis or Ross if they get hurt? Tate? Maybe But he is more Eiferts backup then a pure WR(no doubt a valuable role ). 
If we were going to replace Malone I would rather have had Doctson then Cooper 10 out of 10 times.
Also while Phillips might have struggled with PR against the chiefs dude was an all American in college as a Returned.

Tate is in no way, shape or form Eiferts backup. He's a wide receiver. End of story.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:17 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Cooper averaged 7.6 yards a catch and has 4 fumbles on 26 offensive touches. Also he is a pure slot guy vs Malone who is an outside guy. 

Cooper has actually done something in the NFL of note, Malone has not.

Tate isn't a TE man.

Doctson hasn't been good in the NFL so far, i did like him in college but he hasn't lived up to his draft status at all.

Doesn't matter what Phillips did in college as we all know if he is muffing Punts in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:27 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I like the two additions much more than the two released!

Perine has been terrible as a RB.

Cooper is a returner.

Not that we gave up much in the guys we waived, but we didn't exactly bring in Superstars either.
Reply/Quote

I would have to ask for some help from Florida State fans like Wyche but I think Tate was the fly route WR for the Seminoles.  He is slow but was considered reliable in catching the ball with little separation from defenders.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Disagree here Jake. Cooper can play WR and could be a better one for us than Malone has been.

Well, in his 4 previous years in the NFL Cooper hasn't shown the ability to be used as a receiver.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Perine has been terrible as a RB.

Cooper is a returner.

Not that we gave up much in the guys we waived, but we didn't exactly bring in Superstars either.

Perine is the perfect RB to bring in to replace Anderson IMO.

Tough, thick bruising Back. Hard to judge a RB sometimes unless they make their O-line look better than it is.

Like his old teammate has had to do for example. Wink
Reply/Quote
love how some on here act like the 50th through 55th players on the roster are sure fire first ballot hall of famers
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Perine is the perfect RB to bring in to replace Anderson IMO.

Tough, thick bruising Back. Hard to judge a RB sometimes unless they make their O-line look better than it is.

Like his old teammate has had to do for example. Wink

He's a career 3.5 ypc guy.

Basically the Bengals are on the Friends and Family plan. They bring in guys Taylor has worked with in the past...and now they'll bring in Mixon's former college buddy.

With our terrible line, I don't see Perine doing better here.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Perine has been terrible as a RB.

Cooper is a returner.

Cooper is literally a former All Pro returner...

I’d call that a superstar at that particular skill set.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's a career 3.5 ypc guy.

Basically the Bengals are on the Friends and Family plan. They bring in guys Taylor has worked with in the past...and now they'll bring in Mixon's former college buddy.

With our terrible line, I don't see Perine doing better here.

I really do not have evidence for this but from what I gathered from ZT interviews, the Bengals are going to use pass to set up the rush, which is just the opposite of what teams do in the NFL, that is, using rush to set up play-action Pass PAP.  I see them running like 60-40 or even 70-30 pass-rush schemes.  Some will be in the flat or wheel route patterns.  They will try to get backs in space.  I also think Mixon can bounce to the outside just enough to keep safeties near the LOS.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote