Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye, Josh Malone and Hardy Nickerson!
(09-02-2019, 12:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And I’m the one that got accused of obsessing over one play...

Malone probably would've just dropped it anyways lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And I’m the one that got accused of obsessing over one play...
He was the only one who was getting separation at a high rate during the pre season. 
(09-02-2019, 12:43 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Malone probably would've just dropped it anyways lol.
Bullshit.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I like Malone, I hope he comes back and if he doesnt, probalby will do well like Sanu & Marvin J with other teams in time.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: wow.  They must really like RB from Oklahoma.  I remember both players coming out of college.  I still think Bryant makes it to 53 before the year is out.   

Bryant was signed to the Cowboys' practice squad late this evening.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 03:11 AM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: Bryant was signed to the Cowboys' practice squad late this evening.

Bengals can still sign him to the 53 if a WR gets injured.  Green's health is unknown, Tate gets dings.   Then there is Ross who is WR equivalent to Eifert in terms of injuries but less production by  a long shot.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I made mention last night, in another thread, that with 11 DL on the roster, I think they are hoping to make a trade.
The DC mentioned using 5 DL in certain sets. If they ran that a lot then I could see having 10 D linemen or so.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cooper has actually done something in the NFL of note, Malone has not.

Tate isn't a TE man.

Doctson hasn't been good in the NFL so far, i did like him in college but he hasn't lived up to his draft status at all.

Doesn't matter what Phillips did in college as we all know if he is muffing Punts in the NFL.

Draft status doesn’t matter. Josh Doctson, if added, would be the third-most productive WR on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 08:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You have to compare him to who he's replacing, which is Josh Malone. Malone has 7 career catches for 75 yards playing for a bad team. Cooper had 25 catches for 190 yards for a really good team. In addition to being an all-pro returner.

Are you saying it is better to have not produced in a really good team (lack of opportunities?) or not produced in a bad team (lack of talent around?)?

(09-01-2019, 09:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Perrine is a very under the radar signing
He never had a dominant run blocking OLINE
In Washington.

I'm sure he had to run vs. Stacked boxes cause frankly
The Skins haven't had a WR to loosen a defense

Well that experience will come in handy in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems we now know who got cut, in order to make room for Perrine and Cooper.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/9/1/20843699/bengals-cuts-2019-josh-malone-hardy-nickerson-cardinals-news-samaje-perine?fbclid=IwAR3qukO6zuECKPX7Q9r7nxKJvNNDPuSKPv3jIsUkepQkjvHq-eFs5ztwFfY

This is shocking to me...it's as though the Bengals are saying that Cooper is more important to the Bengals because of his return ability than Malone possibly using his speed to help take the top off a defense.  I guess that ZT and company want the consistency and sure-handedness of Cooper and will need to have him active on game day.  Does that mean that Tate isn't active on gameday?  Or do they go with that many WRs and only 3 active TEs?  No idea.  But I was really hoping to see Tate involved in some packages.  

I don't think Cooper will be used in the offense at all, at least not initially but one thing that is good about him (for ST) is he is a strong, solidly-built guy that can block as a WR.  

Perine makes a ton of sense after what happened to Anderson.   Cry
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 08:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Draft status doesn’t matter. Josh Doctson, if added, would be the third-most productive WR on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way of knowing that.

I liked Doctson in college but he has been severely underwhelming in the NFL.

He is good at going up for the ball, at least he was in college, but so is Damian Willis and Auden Tate.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 03:34 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals can still sign him to the 53 if a WR gets injured.  Green's health is unknown, Tate gets dings.   Then there is Ross who is WR equivalent to Eifert in terms of injuries but less production by  a long shot.  

I know that but I was just saying that he had been signed earlier in the day by the Cowboys to their practice squad. I appreciate the feedback though. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 10:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is shocking to me...it's as though the Bengals are saying that Cooper is more important to the Bengals because of his return ability than Malone possibly using his speed to help take the top off a defense.  I guess that ZT and company want the consistency and sure-handedness of Cooper and will need to have him active on game day.  Does that mean that Tate isn't active on gameday?  Or do they go with that many WRs and only 3 active TEs?  No idea.  But I was really hoping to see Tate involved in some packages.  

I don't think Cooper will be used in the offense at all, at least not initially but one thing that is good about him (for ST) is he is a strong, solidly-built guy that can block as a WR.  

Perine makes a ton of sense after what happened to Anderson.   Cry

Or it is possible that they realize the o-line wouldn't hold up long enough to take advantage of Malone's speed and having another solid slot guy is more useful. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Looks like Malone or Nickerson will be re-signed to PS spot...

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 02:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No way of knowing that.

I liked Doctson in college but he has been severely underwhelming in the NFL.

He is good at going up for the ball, at least he was in college, but so is Damian Willis and Auden Tate.

I meant in terms of NFL production up to this point. Apologies for the awkward wording.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 03:20 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Looks like Malone or Nickerson will be re-signed to PS spot...

I hope it is Malone or both and the cut another practice squad player. They would be 2 capable guys ready to step on active 53 and play if needed due to injury
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:12 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hope it is Malone or both and the cut another practice squad player. They would be 2 capable guys ready to step on active 53 and play if needed due to injury

Nickerson is pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:12 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hope it is Malone or both and the cut another practice squad player. They would be 2 capable guys ready to step on active 53 and play if needed due to injury

And Nickerson it is....

It actually is the move that makes the better sense considering how thin we are at LB

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:37 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Nickerson is pretty bad.

Yes, I agree.  Was actually pleased to see him released.

(09-03-2019, 10:54 AM)pally Wrote: And Nickerson it is....

It actually is the move that makes the better sense considering how thin we are at LB

Gee Whiz, I get familiarity and all, but wow..  I was really hoping that they would at least pull someone out of the scrap heap that was a little better than Nickerson.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 11:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, I agree.  Was actually pleased to see him released.

Gee Whiz, I get familiarity and all, but wow..  I was really hoping that they would at least pull someone out of the scrap heap that was a little better than Nickerson.
I guess all we can do now, is hope we don't have a LBer go down.... I think sloths move faster than this guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:54 AM)pally Wrote: And Nickerson it is....

Yuck

Reply/Quote