Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye, Josh Malone and Hardy Nickerson!
(09-03-2019, 10:54 AM)pally Wrote: And Nickerson it is....

It actually is the move that makes the better sense considering how thin we are at LB

Anyone with two legs is better than Nickerson
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 11:03 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I guess all we can do now, is hope we don't have a LBer go down.... I think sloths move faster than this guy.

At least it's just the PS and not the 53.   Kind of a step in the right direction.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Can't believe their isn't another free agent LB available thats any
Better than one of Marvin's LBer failures
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 10:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: Green ran a 4.5 40 and Willis ran a 4.48.  They aren't slow, by any stretch, but neither is really a speed guy.  Green is a proven deep threat when healthy, though.  

It is what it is, though.  Malone has a lot of upside, but never put it all together here.

You know what I meant. They have enough speed to go deep on occasion.

(09-01-2019, 10:53 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) Who? Green and Dalton's numbers were complete shit, Laffell went down by 300 yards, Mixon had a terrible year, and Boyd was crap for until the end. 
1B) why should an injury be held against him? 
2.) Greens hurt and Ross just got back to practice; were thin there.
3.) Ok so. Erickson is a good returner and Phillips was an all American returner in college. We're good at that position.

Last point he averaged 7.6 yards per a touch and had 4 fumbles on 26 touches. His numbers were not impressive at all while he played.
Edit the fumbles were muffed punts and not from scrimmage. Still not good numbers

1) Like I said, Malone finished 9th on the team in catches and yards. Even on a team with "nobody producing" he was exceptionally terrible. A stand out, I guess.
2) Because injuries are bad for the team.
3) Cooper has been better than both in the NFL, and I've been an Erickson fan.

You do realize that all of his returns (106) are included as far as those fumbles go, right? So it's 4 fumbles on 134 touches. Alex Erickson has 10 fumbles on 234 touches, which is worse.

Look, I liked the Malone pick and even defended it at the time. He didn't work out. Time to give someone else a chance. Who better than a young guy from a good team that played under our current coach and was an all-pro return guy?

(09-01-2019, 11:34 PM)jason Wrote: Total dogshit....

Even if those stats were truly shit, Malone couldn't do anything. He's the cliche... Looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. He just lost his job to a UDFA...

Another in a long line of late round WRs that got hype for no reason, and left without a sound.

(09-02-2019, 09:14 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Are you saying it is better to have not produced in a really good team (lack of opportunities?) or not produced in a bad team (lack of talent around?)?

Well that experience will come in handy in Cincinnati.

I'm saying that Cooper was able to get on the field more on a good team than Malone was on a bad team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 01:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You know what I meant. They have enough speed to go deep on occasion.

1) Like I said, Malone finished 9th on the team in catches and yards. Even on a team with "nobody producing" he was exceptionally terrible. A stand out, I guess.
2) Because injuries are bad for the team.
3) Cooper has been better than both in the NFL, and I've been an Erickson fan.

You do realize that all of his returns (106) are included as far as those fumbles go, right? So it's 4 fumbles on 134 touches. Alex Erickson has 10 fumbles on 234 touches, which is worse.

Look, I liked the Malone pick and even defended it at the time. He didn't work out. Time to give someone else a chance. Who better than a young guy from a good team that played under our current coach and was an all-pro return guy?

Another in a long line of late round WRs that got hype for no reason, and left without a sound.

I'm saying that Cooper was able to get on the field more on a good team than Malone was on a bad team.

Cooper sucks as a WR and the Bengals are not using him as a Returner anyways(according to new depth chart).look if they wanted to replace Malone fine but at least do it with someone who has a similar skill set. Bryant and Core both could stretch the field. Hell they should have signed Doctson from Washington much better than Cooper.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:43 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Malone probably would've just dropped it anyways lol.

And it's hard to say it would have been the best play of the preseason with the Willis catch over Janoris Jenkins.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 01:57 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Cooper sucks as a WR and the Bengals are not using him as a Returner anyways(according to new depth chart).look if they wanted to replace Malone fine but at least do it with someone who has a similar skill set. Bryant and Core both could stretch the field. Hell they should have signed Doctson from Washington much better than Cooper.

They already replaced Malone with Willis, and lets be honest, Malone and Core didn't stretch anything. They sucked. At least this guy has other uses.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:52 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He was the only one who was getting separation at a high rate during the pre season. 

No he wasn't. In another thread i documented the first 2 games and how much "separation" he, Tate and Willis were getting. 

You're just thinking about the one underthown pass. The only reason he was that far ahead of the DB was because he bit on the play fake. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:54 AM)pally Wrote: And Nickerson it is....

It actually is the move that makes the better sense considering how thin we are at LB

So, Malone was getting so much separation that he was cut, didn't sign with anyone and then didn't get signed to the PS?

Dude should have slowed down a bit. 

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 02:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They already replaced Malone with Willis, and lets be honest, Malone and Core didn't stretch anything. They sucked. At least this guy has other uses.

That's not true. 

They stretched some Bengals fans imaginations. 

Reply/Quote
Zombie Nickerson returns!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 02:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's not true. 

They stretched a some Bengals fans imaginations. 

[Image: ff2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 01:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm saying that Cooper was able to get on the field more on a good team than Malone was on a bad team.

Malone played more offensive snaps than Cooper each of the last two seasons. The most offensive snaps Cooper ever played was 211 his rookie season ('16).  Malone played 247 his rookie year ('17).
Reply/Quote
I thought for sure they would have signed Malone to PS. I am baffled. My pick for break-out player for the Bengals is not even in the NFL... Shocked

I guess the backer position group is in dire straits. Signing Nickerson does not change this fact.

Backer position must be addressed fairly high in next year's draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 02:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They already replaced Malone with Willis, and lets be honest, Malone and Core didn't stretch anything. They sucked. At least this guy has other uses.

What if Willis gets hurt or Ross. Who stretches the Defense then? We are scarcely thin with deep threats on this roster.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 02:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No he wasn't. In another thread i documented the first 2 games and how much "separation" he, Tate and Willis were getting. 

You're just thinking about the one underthown pass. The only reason he was that far ahead of the DB was because he bit on the play fake. 

You're so full of spit; He was open for most of training camp and preseason. You want to argue hands sure but separation wasn't his issue. 

Like I said before I would not have a problem with this move if they replaced Malone with Core, Bryant, or Doctson.(or any other deep threat type player on waivers or free agency). However they replaced him with a terrible slot player who can't stretch the Defense. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 04:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: You're so full of spit; He was open for most of training camp and preseason. You want to argue hands sure but separation wasn't his issue. 

Like I said before I would not have a problem with this move if they replaced Malone with Core, Bryant, or Doctson.(or any other deep threat type player on waivers or free agency). However they replaced him with a terrible slot player who can't stretch the Defense. 

No. You are the one that's full of spit and now you're changing your tune.

You said "He was the only one who was getting separation at a high rate during the pre season."  Now you're saying it wasn't "an issue". I never said it was an issue. I tracked the first 2 PS games with the results for Willis, Tate and Malone. Granted, Willis and Malone played 1 and 2 more and i haven't added those to my post yet, but i did post what their results were. Fact of the matter is, Malone wasn't "the only one getting separation at a high rate", as you said. 

"rfaulk34

I used 3 criteria; contested (where the defender is right on/touching the receiver), less arm length (where the defender is away from the receiver but within one arm length) and more arm length (where the defender is more than an arm length away). 

Here's how it breaks down. 

Core- 5 targets, 4 rec: contested 2 (1 incomplete), less arm length 1, more arm length 2

Malone- 7 targets, 3 rec: contested 2 (1 incomplete), less arm length 1, more arm length 1

(1 wide open underthrow, 1 contested underthrow, 1 drop on pass behind him)

Tate- 8 targets, 7 rec: contested 4 (1 incomplete), less arm length 1, more arm length 3"

Malone was wide open once (DB bit on play fake), wide open across the middle and dropped a perfect pass and wide open, corossing on the right sideline and could catch a pass behind him. If you'd like, i'll check game #3 and add Malone and Willis. Doesn't really matter though since Malone was cut, didn't sign with another NFL team and didn't get signed to the Bengals practice squad.

But maybe you know something the Bengals and the rest of the NFL don't? Probably not...but, maybe?

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 05:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. You are the one that's full of spit and now you're changing your tune.

You said "He was the only one who was getting separation at a high rate during the pre season."  Now you're saying it wasn't "an issue". I never said it was an issue. I tracked the first 2 PS games with the results for Willis, Tate and Malone. Granted, Willis and Malone played 1 and 2 more and i haven't added those to my post yet, but i did post what their results were. Fact of the matter is, Malone wasn't "the only one getting separation at a high rate", as you said. 

"rfaulk34

I used 3 criteria; contested (where the defender is right on/touching the receiver), less arm length (where the defender is away from the receiver but within one arm length) and more arm length (where the defender is more than an arm length away). 

Here's how it breaks down. 

Core- 5 targets, 4 rec: contested 2 (1 incomplete), less arm length 1, more arm length 2

Malone- 7 targets, 3 rec: contested 2 (1 incomplete), less arm length 1, more arm length 1

(1 wide open underthrow, 1 contested underthrow, 1 drop on pass behind him)

Tate- 8 targets, 7 rec: contested 4 (1 incomplete), less arm length 1, more arm length 3"

Malone was wide open once (DB bit on play fake), wide open across the middle and dropped a perfect pass and wide open, corossing on the right sideline and could catch a pass behind him. If you'd like, i'll check game #3 and add Malone and Willis. Doesn't really matter though since Malone was cut, didn't sign with another NFL team and didn't get signed to the Bengals practice squad.

But maybe you know something the Bengals and the rest of the NFL don't? Probably not...but, maybe?
He completely burns a guy and you give him zero credit? Yet your not full of shit? Give me a break dude. You want to talk about his bad drop were he could of had his a thirty yard gain. Fine that's fair but stop making up shit too fit your argument.
Anyways like you said it's pointless to argue because the situation is what it is hes not here and Cooper his. I am entitled to God damn opinion though just like you . Just because  a guy hasn't been picked up doesn't mean he isn't good or can't play at this level. 
Good day sir. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Malone played more offensive snaps than Cooper each of the last two seasons. The most offensive snaps Cooper ever played was 211 his rookie season ('16).  Malone played 247 his rookie year ('17).

Oh. I was going off of targets and production. Well in that case, Cooper did more with less opportunity.

(09-03-2019, 04:22 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What if Willis gets hurt or Ross. Who stretches the Defense then? We are scarcely thin with deep threats on this roster.

We were screwed if Core or Malone wound up starting. We'll be no more screwed if Cooper has to play.

Btw, try to dial it back a bit guys, we're talking about bottom-of-the-depth-chart WRs here. No need to get personal.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 03:43 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought for sure they would have signed Malone to PS.  I am baffled.  My pick for break-out player for the Bengals is not even in the NFL... Shocked

I guess the backer position group is in dire straits. Signing Nickerson does not change this fact.  

Backer position must be addressed fairly high in next year's draft.

I'm sure that's in the plans.  They just had too much to do to get it all done in one draft.

People talk a lot about how there aren't enough quality OLinemen to go around.  I wonder if the same can't be said for LB's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote