Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CA shooting: Domestic Terrorism
(12-08-2015, 02:45 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: We clearly don't live in the same part of the country, or travel to similar places.  Have you seen any of these 'mega churches'?  They're all over the place.  A branch of a popular one out my way recently acquired the old grocery store AND adjacent Walmart to accommodate their parishioners. As in 150K+ square feet.  

Probably has a lot to do with where people are migrating across the country as well.  

I don't deny the mega churches, but look at the hundreds of other churches in a city.  i think churches where people are getting rich are a disgrace.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-08-2015, 06:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't deny the mega churches, but look at the hundreds of other churches in a city.  i think churches where people are getting rich are a disgrace.

I tend to agree, but it's just another business to me.  The fact that they don't pay taxes when the operate with such a capitalistic playbook is what is infuriating.  I'm generally unsympathetic to people who send their bottom dollar to some TV shyster so he can buy another jet or mansion, regardless of what he is pitching.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-08-2015, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get it. Belief in God gos counter to the "logic' of man and their are those that cannot open their heart because they cannot open their mind.

Denying logic and reality is closing your mind, not opening it.

"I don't agree with reality, so I will put my faith in "make believe"."