Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CIA Recruitment Video
I just stumbled upon this on reddit.  There's a LOT of cringe in this video.

Reply/Quote
The next time I hear someone refer to themselves as cis gendered in real life will be the first. I'm a pretty tolerant dude, but I wish they'd stop with some of this.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Here are my favorites...

"I'm a woman, I'm a mom, I'm a cisgendered millenial that's been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, I'm intesectional but my existence is not a box checking exercise."

"I used to struggle with imposter syndrome but at 36 I refuse to internalize misguided patriarchal ideas on what a woman can or should be."

"I'm tied of feeling like I'm supposed to apologize for the space I occupy rather than intoxicate people with my effort, my briliance. I am proud of me. Full stop."
Reply/Quote
I just don't relate to.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 01:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I just stumbled upon this on reddit.  There's a LOT of cringe in this video.

What made you cringe? The fact that a first generation immigrant woman has accomplished 10 times more than you?
Reply/Quote
Wait I'm confused.

Is this about spy stuff or sex stuff?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 03:43 PM)Benton Wrote: Wait I'm confused.

Is this about spy stuff or sex stuff?

I think it's about snowflakes being triggered by inclusive language.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 03:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think it's about snowflakes being triggered by inclusive language.

That wasn't one of the options.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
Funny how people can watch the same content and come away with entirely different ideas about it.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What made you cringe? The fact that a first generation immigrant woman has accomplished 10 times more than you?

I think it's that they're very clearly trying WAY too hard here thats the source of cringe.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 03:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think it's about snowflakes being triggered by inclusive language.

"I intoxicate people with my brilliance" isn't a cringeworthy statement?
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 04:30 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: "I intoxicate people with my brilliance" isn't a cringeworthy statement?

I really didn't watch the video or care much at all about any of this conversation. I just saw the commentary about cisgender and decided to poke a little fun.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I didn't cringe.

I yeeted

You go girl

CIA personel vids hitting the intro net though.? Bad business for the profession i believe. It's a recruitment video. But still. Can't say i have ever seen a CIA commerical
Reply/Quote
WTF did I just watch??????
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 03:20 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: CIA personel vids hitting the intro net though.? Bad business for the profession i believe. It's a recruitment video. But still. Can't say i have ever seen a CIA commerical

They've got their own youtube channel.  If you click on the video to take you to youtube you can check out their channel.

What's strange is that their account goes back 10 years, but it only had a handful of videos for years.  It appears they've recently decided to start posting more content.

There's a series of these (Humans of CIA).  You can tell who has the jobs you normally associate with the CIA because in a couple of them they don't show their face.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 01:32 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: WTF did I just watch??????

You just watched a STRONG woman intoxicate you with her brilliance.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 01:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You just watched a STRONG woman intoxicate you with her brilliance.

I watched something................our society is so f!@#ed.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 03:20 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I didn't cringe.

I yeeted

You go girl

CIA personel vids hitting the intro net though.? Bad business for the profession i believe. It's a recruitment video. But still. Can't say i have ever seen a CIA commerical

I'd agree if she had just said I worked hard, got a job at the CIA and I am moving up because I keep working hard.

On a positive note I learned the definitions of CIS gender and yeet.  Although I still cannot figure out why she has to specifically say she is CIS gender or call out her race.  Who cares?  It's very puzzling.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 02:19 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'd agree if she had just said I worked hard, got a job at the CIA and I am moving up because I keep working hard.

On a positive note I learned the definitions of CIS gender and yeet.  Although I still cannot figure out why she has to specifically say she is CIS gender or call out her race.  Who cares?  It's very puzzling.

I know you haven’t noticed the white supremacy vibe from the right. But the white supremacist groups have. And the guy with multiple wives he cheated on who grabs em by the pushy is still the savior of the party. This is a little something for the minority women who make up a large part of this country and let’s them know they can still contribute.

Totally understandable the fear and butt hurt white men feel from this.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 04:26 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I know you haven’t noticed the white supremacy vibe from the right. But the white supremacist groups have. And the guy with multiple wives he cheated on who grabs em by the pushy is still the savior of the party. This is a little something for the minority women who make up a large part of this country and let’s them know they can still contribute.

Totally understandable the fear and butt hurt white men feel from this.

Are you serious right now?  White supremacy vibe from the right?   Just wow!

Maybe if we stopped with all the BS identity everything and just saw each other as humans things might start to get better. 
Reply/Quote