Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ to the Jets
(03-20-2022, 02:23 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Well surprised no one has seen this but CJ liked this tweet on 3.18

https://twitter.com/seanwiedl/status/1504810287685378073

"The Bengals’ offer was probably disrespectful to a leader like him, who suffered through some bad years. I’ve seen several posts from bengals fans saying he’s paid too much at 8mil/year. Evan Engram got 10mil!! The Jets simply value him more than the Bengals."

I think the Bengals assumed he would re-sign and didn't get aggressive with negotiating with CJ prioritizing other free agents first.  Then, of course, the tight end market kind of exploded at the beginning of free agency.  He got a good offer in the media market of the NFL which bodes well for a post-playing days career desire with the added bonus of proximity to his girlfriend.  He likely never went back to the Bengals negotiating table

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Dave L said CJ is dating Kay Adam's on Jungle talk. Wonder if thats why he left for NY..
Reply/Quote
Wonder if Dave L is feeling like Baker M right now, a scorned 2nd best man...
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Pretty weird for Lapham to put that out there if it’s not true.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:12 PM)pally Wrote:

Reply/Quote
Lapham owes CJ (and his actual gf) an apology. Kay Adams, too. Bad stuff, Lap.

Reply/Quote
time to ban Laps Account
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 02:23 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Well surprised no one has seen this but CJ liked this tweet on 3.18

"The Bengals’ offer was probably disrespectful to a leader like him, who suffered through some bad years. I’ve seen several posts from bengals fans saying he’s paid too much at 8mil/year. Evan Engram got 10mil!! The Jets simply value him more than the Bengals."

I mean, let's look at this logically.  What's a better investment of cap dollars, $8 mil a year for a replacement level TE or $10 mil a year for a borderline elite RT?

I don't blame CJ for taking the money, but he just isn't worth that.
Reply/Quote
I bet they are going out

CJ is just trying to deny
Reply/Quote

Evan Engram is a big slot receiver. Teams actually inquired about him as a receiver and not really a TE. Also the Jaguars over paid everyone.

CJ Uzomah got high end money for what he does as a do it all solid TE. Bengals probably offered a competitive contract like usual but the Jets offered more just how it is some players leave.

I will say I am not satisfied with Hayden Hurst because he is not a better all around TE. I expect the Bengals to target a TE on Day 2 of the draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote