Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ to the Jets
(03-16-2022, 10:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Maybe, he's shown nothing. 3-10 and 9 TDs/11 INTs I think.

Obviously, CJ doesn't have winning on the top of his list.

Now OJ went to the Bills. Buffalo is loading up and they already have the #1 defense, ugh.

Ya, I live in Bills Country and all my friends are huge Bills fans.    They are STOKED at the moves the Bills are making.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 10:49 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Ya, I live in Bills Country and all my friends are huge Bills fans.    They are STOKED at the moves the Bills are making.

I personally think that Von Miller deal is insane. I haven’t looked at all the details of it, but 6yrs/$120 mil for a 33 year old player? Oof
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:49 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Not a fan of the Jets, BYU or Wilson and didn't give a shit about QBs in the Draft. I just spent quite a bit of time recording and editing albums during the last month and a half of the season and put on Game Pass a lot for something to watch. He made a lot of nice reads with strong throws in some tight windows with a pretty decimated lineup. I thought he ran a bit more than he should have but after coming back from his injury, he didn't seem to panic too much for a rookie.

Barkley was a Beast. Too many people use rings as a measuring stick. I was sad when he left the Sixers but I understood why.

Even bad QBs make good throws though. Dalton (who wasn't bad) had enough great throws in 2015 alone that if you made a mixtape with them, you'd think he was Aaron "spend all the cap on me I don't care about winning just my ego" Rodgers.

Alright I've said my piece. LOL

After Dr J and Moses Malone left, the Sixers never did a good enough job putting talent around Chuck. I'll probably catch flack for saying this, but I feel like Barkley at his peak was on par with LeBron James as a player, although I rank Bron higher on my all-time list due to his incredible longevity.

Also, I don't have Bron as high up as most people do. He's 8th on my all-time list. I ping him for his method of winning rings, which is to bleed teams dry of assets, then leave when things go south and bleed a new team of their assets.

I also ping him for often quitting ON the court when things go south, avoiding clutch shots in big games, taking defense off, etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Why did the Jets spend so much on 2 tight ends?? that makes no sense. I don't think CJ is gonna be happy there.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 02:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Barkley is highly underrated these days. History forgets the guys that didn't win it all, but he was on the cusp so many times. Lost the ECF in Philly. Lost the Finals to the Bulls. Lost the WCF in Houston, I believe in 7 games to the Jazz.

If his career played out 10 times, he would've won a ring in at least 8 of them. If the Bulls weren't in the way. But it was the friggin Bulls.

If my "Bad Boy" Pistons[the Oakland Raiders of the NFL] didn't stop the Bulls 3 times, maybe the Bulls would have won 9 NBA Championships.  Ninja 

[Image: EeNiLA0UEAA3DZu?format=jpg&name=large]

P.S. Bengals wear Black  Wink

[Image: 0gI6PYO.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
CJ said it's the NYJ culture that had him interested, lol. I couldn't finish his press conference.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 06:39 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: If my "Bad Boy" Pistons[the Oakland Raiders of the NFL] didn't stop the Bulls 3 times, maybe the Bulls would have won 9 NBA Championships.  Ninja 

[Image: EeNiLA0UEAA3DZu?format=jpg&name=large]

P.S. Bengals wear Black  Wink

[Image: 0gI6PYO.jpg]

Or if Jordan didn't retire for those middle years
Reply/Quote
Should have Elton John sing the title to this thread.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Or if Jordan didn't retire for those middle years

He was only gone for 1.75 years. At most that would have been 8 for the Bulls if they would have beaten the Rockets in the finals and beaten the Magic in the semi-finals in 95'.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 05:16 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: He was only gone for 1.75 years. At most that would have been 8 for the Bulls if they would have beaten the Rockets in the finals and beaten the Magic in the semi-finals in 95'.

I've never bought into the 8 in a row theory. That 1.75 years off took a lot of wear and tear off of his schedule. Jordan was physically and emotionally drained after number 6. If you add in the 1.75 years . . . I don't think he makes the full 8.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 05:16 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: He was only gone for 1.75 years. At most that would have been 8 for the Bulls if they would have beaten the Rockets in the finals and beaten the Magic in the semi-finals in 95'.

8 in a row would be nice. Now he's just in talks with Brady for GOAT of GOATs.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 05:50 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 8 in a row would be nice. Now he's just in talks with Brady for GOAT of GOATs.

[Image: EttamZKVcAAQqUu?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Reply/Quote

Well this explains a lot.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Well this explains a lot.

Mr reddit strikes again

But yea no doubt CJ is getting a media gig when all is said and done
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:39 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: EttamZKVcAAQqUu?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Of course it’s much different when we’re talking about Jordan and Brady. Jordan with 8-9 in a row would have kept Brady out of the conversation.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Mr reddit strikes again

But yea no doubt CJ is getting a media gig when all is said and done

Wtf does a tweet quoting Dave Lapham have to do with Reddit (which I’m not even a member on btw)?

And this has nothing to do with his post-football career. He just got paid to move to the same city his gf lives in.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wtf does a tweet quoting Dave Lapham have to do with Reddit (which I’m not even a member on btw)?

And this has nothing to do with his post-football career. He just got paid to move to the same city his gf lives in.

His girlfriend works in media, he has a great personality, he loves the camera, he’ll 100% get a media gig
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 02:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: His girlfriend works in media, he has a great personality, he loves the camera, he’ll 100% get a media gig

Probably? That’s not really the point. The point is it was revealed that he’s dating Kay Adams (who lives in NY). I guarantee that was part of his decision to go to the Jets of all teams.

Anyway, still don’t understand the Reddit comment…

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 02:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably? That’s not really the point. The point is it was revealed that he’s dating Kay Adams (who lives in NY). I guarantee that was part of his decision to go to the Jets of all teams.

Anyway, still don’t understand the Reddit comment…

I’ll browse it a couple times a week. That’s been a post there for the last day now.

I just don’t bring those discussions from there to this place
Reply/Quote
Well surprised no one has seen this but CJ liked this tweet on 3.18

https://twitter.com/seanwiedl/status/1504810287685378073

"The Bengals’ offer was probably disrespectful to a leader like him, who suffered through some bad years. I’ve seen several posts from bengals fans saying he’s paid too much at 8mil/year. Evan Engram got 10mil!! The Jets simply value him more than the Bengals."
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote