Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ to the Jets
Let's add that the Jets have 2 top 10 picks and 4 in the top 38.

CJ is going to have some young talent to lead. Zach Wilson is going to be a star if he can stay healthy.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Maybe, he's shown nothing. 3-10 and 9 TDs/11 INTs I think.

Obviously, CJ doesn't have winning on the top of his list.

Now OJ went to the Bills. Buffalo is loading up and they already have the #1 defense, ugh.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Maybe, he's shown nothing. 3-10 and 9 TDs/11 INTs I think.

Yeah, I don't know if I would be getting worried about Zach Wilson anytime soon. Could be wrong but I am not too worried he'll become anything.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Maybe, he's shown nothing. 3-10 and 9 TDs/11 INTs I think.

Now OJ went to the Bills. Buffalo is loading up and they already have the #1 defense, ugh.

That's just looking at raw stats . . . did you watch any of his games after he came back from injury? He almost let the Jets to a victory over the Buccaneers.

And Burrow started his career 4-9 in 13 games while throwing 17 TDs-8 INT.

Maybe the Jets aren't as bad as we think. Burrow had a +10 TD/INT ratio compared to Wilson and it only netted one extra win for Cincinnati
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote

And they signed Von Miller too
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 11:06 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: That's just looking at raw stats . . . did you watch any of his games after he came back from injury? He almost let the Jets to a victory over the Buccaneers.

Maybe the Jets aren't as bad as we think. Burrow had a +10 TD/INT ratio compared to Wilson and it only netted one extra win for Cincinnati

You're being sarcastic, right?

Stats matter. He completed 55% of his passes which is abysmal. Burrow completed 65% as a rookie. We got better as a team because we added Reiff, Ogunjobi, BJ Hill, Awuzie, and Jamar Chase. Unless the Jets have a home run off-season, their roster is far worse.

Wilson sucked. Yeah he almost beat the Bucs. Any given Sunday. Mike White crushed us and no one thinks he's a good QB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

CJ says good bye

Quote:Thank you, Cincinnati.

I’ve had a difficult time putting into words what this city has meant to my family and I over the years. As I look back on my time in this organization, I couldn’t be more proud of what we have accomplished together. I came into this city 7 years ago a boy, and I am leaving now as a man. You have allowed this goofy kid to be himself. I couldn’t be more grateful for that. I want to start by thanking the Brown Family for taking a chance on me and allowing me to grow as a player and a person. 
To my guys in the locker room - every one of you that I’ve ever stepped on the field and fought with - I will forever cherish the battles we had together. To the coaches I’ve learned from who have become my mentors and the trainers I’ve worked with who have become my family, I say thank you. I am blessed to have you and so many others, whose relationships will last a lifetime. I truly wouldn’t be the man I am today without your constant love, support and encouragement.
To the Jungle, you are some of the most passionate as loyal people I’ve ever come across. I appreciate all that you've poured into me throughout my time here and words won’t be able to express what you have meant to me.
Thank you, Cincinnati.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 11:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're being sarcastic, right?

Stats matter. He completed 55% of his passes which is abysmal. Burrow completed 65% as a rookie. We got better as a team because we added Reiff, Ogunjobi, BJ Hill, Awuzie, and Jamar Chase. Unless the Jets have a home run off-season, their roster is far worse.

Wilson sucked. Yeah he almost beat the Bucs. Any given Sunday. Mike White crushed us and no one thinks he's a good QB.

1) No, I'm not.

2) Did you watch any of his games at the end of the season? I did and that's where I'm basing all of my opinions.

3) The Jets are having a phenomenal off-season already.

4) Mike White paper cut the Bengals to death, Zach Wilson was making great throws at the end of the season with a far worse roster. He went #2 overall for a reason.

Texans fans were saying the same thing about DJ Reader that many fans in this thread are saying about CJ.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
And the replacement Hayden Hurst
https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1504535183596400641?s=21
Reply/Quote

Gonna miss this guy.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 11:06 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: That's just looking at raw stats . . . did you watch any of his games after he came back from injury? He almost let the Jets to a victory over the Buccaneers.

The Jets also crushed us and we almost won the superbowl, so, maybe you're on to something! But mike white was the QB then. 

17-8 looks a lot better than 9-11, I don't think CJ was the reason.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: But people want super bowl winner talking heads. Every time I see a talking head that played but didn't win a superbowl I think, what is this loser doing telling us how it's supposed to be? Lol. That's what CJ is going to be, a definite loser on the NYJ. If he stayed with the Bengals I think he'd have a lot more weight ot his words when it comes to the media. e.g. we listen a little closer when Cowher talks even though we don't like the Steelers. Then again we have people like terry bradshaw who seems like a perennial drunk having 4.
[Image: Michael-Jordan-Bulls-NBA.jpg]Isn't Charles Barkley a talking head? I don't think you would call him a loser. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 12:07 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: Michael-Jordan-Bulls-NBA.jpg]Isn't Charles Barkley a talking head? I don't think you would call him a loser. 

Barkley’s one of the greatest players of all time

Boomer Esiason would be the comparison. A good player who never won a title. He got the media gigs because he is a new yorker and played for the jets.

Uzomah will 100% get a media gig when all is said and done
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 12:07 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: Michael-Jordan-Bulls-NBA.jpg]Isn't Charles Barkley a talking head? I don't think you would call him a loser. 

OK this post has nothing to do with anything....

Die hard Suns fan here....

(side note:  This is probably the safest place i can declare myself a Suns fan.  Surely no Bengals fan would ever accuse me of being a bandwagon fan)

Barkley is a GOAT.  I remember him dropping 56 in the first round of the playoffs back in 93 and being in absolute awe over it thinking nobody could possibly do that other than Barkley.  Then I remember Jordan dropping 55 on the Suns in the finals.  sad times

Those guys back then were beasts.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 01:07 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: 1) No, I'm not.

2) Did you watch any of his games at the end of the season? I did and that's where I'm basing all of my opinions.

4) Mike White paper cut the Bengals to death, Zach Wilson was making great throws at the end of the season with a far worse roster. He went #2 overall for a reason.

Texans fans were saying the same thing about DJ Reader that many fans in this thread are saying about CJ.

Zach Wilson is complete garbage... Stop with the nonsense.. We all know the Jets are going 3-14 and Wilson will be a backup somewhere like Chicago in 3 years...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:31 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Let's add that the Jets have 2 top 10 picks and 4 in the top 38.

CJ is going to have some young talent to lead. Zach Wilson is going to be a star if he can stay healthy.

Uzomah got overpaid. He won't have half the production he did this year. He benefited from Chase, Higgins, and Boyd wreaking havoc.. Hurst is better and Cheaper. This worked out great!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 01:07 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: 1) No, I'm not.

I have no interest in a lengthy Zach Wilson discussion, but have fun hitching yourself to that wagon, I guess. Looking at his game logs, if you really want to stretch, you could say he progressed as far as protecting the football.

He threw 0 picks (and a whopping 3 TDs) in his last 5 games. Yet his comp % actually got even worse, at only 51.4% over the final 5. His numbers are garbage. Did you only watch the Bucs game? What other games impressed you?

Their offseason doesn't sniff the one we had. Are you a fan of the Jets or maybe a family member of Zach's? A BYU alum? Maybe he was a favorite of yours as you followed the draft? Facts and reality just don't match your perception of the Jets or Zach.

Not trying to be a jerk. I just don't know what to say.

(03-18-2022, 12:26 AM)basballguy Wrote: OK this post has nothing to do with anything....

Die hard Suns fan here....

(side note:  This is probably the safest place i can declare myself a Suns fan.  Surely no Bengals fan would ever accuse me of being a bandwagon fan)

Barkley is a GOAT.  I remember him dropping 56 in the first round of the playoffs back in 93 and being in absolute awe over it thinking nobody could possibly do that other than Barkley.  Then I remember Jordan dropping 55 on the Suns in the finals.  sad times

Those guys back then were beasts.  

Barkley is highly underrated these days. History forgets the guys that didn't win it all, but he was on the cusp so many times. Lost the ECF in Philly. Lost the Finals to the Bulls. Lost the WCF in Houston, I believe in 7 games to the Jazz.

If his career played out 10 times, he would've won a ring in at least 8 of them. If the Bulls weren't in the way. But it was the friggin Bulls.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 02:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have no interest in a lengthy Zach Wilson discussion, but have fun hitching yourself to that wagon, I guess. Looking at his game logs, if you really want to stretch, you could say he progressed as far as protecting the football.

He threw 0 picks (and a whopping 3 TDs) in his last 5 games. Yet his comp % actually got even worse, at only 51.4% over the final 5. His numbers are garbage. Did you only watch the Bucs game? What other games impressed you?

Their offseason doesn't sniff the one we had. Are you a fan of the Jets or maybe a family member of Zach's? A BYU alum? Maybe he was a favorite of yours as you followed the draft? Facts and reality just don't match your perception of the Jets or Zach.

Not trying to be a jerk. I just don't know what to say.

Barkley is highly underrated these days. History forgets the guys that didn't win it all, but he was on the cusp so many times. Lost the ECF in Philly. Lost the Finals to the Bulls. Lost the WCF in Houston, I believe in 7 games to the Jazz.

If his career played out 10 times, he would've won a ring in at least 8 of them. If the Bulls weren't in the way. But it was the friggin Bulls.
Not a fan of the Jets, BYU or Wilson and didn't give a shit about QBs in the Draft. I just spent quite a bit of time recording and editing albums during the last month and a half of the season and put on Game Pass a lot for something to watch. He made a lot of nice reads with strong throws in some tight windows with a pretty decimated lineup. I thought he ran a bit more than he should have but after coming back from his injury, he didn't seem to panic too much for a rookie.

Barkley was a Beast. Too many people use rings as a measuring stick. I was sad when he left the Sixers but I understood why.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote

Yes, that's what I mean though, people like Dan O. and Brady Quinn are on TV (soon, Baker maybe someday). Sanchez did go to AFC-C in his rookie year, he's on TV too. The credentials to be on TV don't matter that much I guess, but when a ring holder talks it's a little different than a non ring holder (Brady Quinn?).

That's why it's different when the GOAT talks (brady or jordan), and that's why the top 50 players basically bowed down when Jordan showed up at the all star game this year.

Barkley was a beast but he wasn't able to win a ring, there's more than talent needed to win a ring (if you watched the jordan documentary). You have to also overcome and manipulate politics and you have to be a different type of leader. That's why Rodgers has only 1 superbowl appearance IMO. But Barkley also suffers from what Rodgers suffers from, the GOAT taking all the rings away. I don't know which sport is more out of a player's control, NFL has a lot more players involved which would be difficult to control.
Reply/Quote