Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ to the Jets
(03-14-2022, 10:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Gronk could very well want to play with Burrow.........

He said he wants to...

I bet that hasn't changed just cause Brady isn't retiring.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He said he wants to...

That’s a good point. Would you want to play with the GOAT of the past or the GOAT of the present and future?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s a good point.  Would you want to play with the GOAT of the past or the GOAT of the present and future?

Future GOAT with the better team that just went to the Superbowl without a doubt.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Future GOAT with the better team that just went to the Superbowl without a doubt.

Gronk isn't leaving Tom.
Reply/Quote
C.J got a deserved pay increase.but he needs to.thank Burrow and Chase that contract from the Jets
Chase drew so much attention it afforded
C.J to have a favorable matchup on a safety.
C.J had 4 catches over 30 yds in 2021.
I dont think he had that many in his tenure
With Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:50 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: Gronk isn't leaving Tom.

You sure?

You could be right. All I know is that Bucs team isn't going to be near what it was last year with all the guys they lost and 
cannot afford. Surprised Brady came back honestly, he just can't give it up lol

Thought he left on a high point after his almost comeback against the Rams. Will be much harder for him this year even if 
he is great still.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:09 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Has OJ played a full or even a half of a season?

Yep.  Just been invisible due to Evans, AB, Godwin, Brate, and Gronkowski.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:09 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Has OJ played a full or even a half of a season?

Pretty sure he played most of last year. The year before when they won the bowl was the year he was hurt. Think he was available most of the 2021-2022 season. I think he simply was beat out by Gronk and Brate which is a testament to the Bucs TE depth. He could come here for 7 million and have immediate impact as a pass catcher imo
-Housh
Reply/Quote
He's kind of been a bust.
Reply/Quote
If you are confident that Sample can start and help the run game and at least be AVERAGE at pass catching then you dont get another TE. You draft 1 or 2.

If you arent confident that Sample is the guy then either sign a TE or another WR, and just run mostly 4 WR sets. This would then bring Auden Tate back into the fold. The issue with 4 WR 1 RB sets tho is you need an o line that can block when you do run out of it.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:04 AM)Housh Wrote: If you are confident that Sample can start and help the run game and at least be AVERAGE at pass catching then you dont get another TE. You draft 1 or 2.

If you arent confident that Sample is the guy then either sign a TE or another WR, and just run mostly 4 WR sets. This would then bring Auden Tate back into the fold. The issue with 4 WR 1 RB sets tho is you need an o line that can block when you do run out of it.

Sample isn't a starter. He's a situational run blocker. Although if we can run the ball and with our 3 WRs...it might not matter.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:04 AM)Housh Wrote: If you are confident that Sample can start and help the run game and at least be AVERAGE at pass catching then you dont get another TE. You draft 1 or 2.

Luckily they have almost completed the overhaul.
Reply/Quote

I backed Drew Sample for a couple years then saw that he just isn't a weapon in the passing game whatsoever. 

Good blocker though.

Still want versatility across the board to create the perfect team.
Reply/Quote
In mocks I saw, only 2 TEs went in 1st 3 Rounds.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:14 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I backed Drew Sample for a couple years then saw that he just isn't a weapon in the passing game whatsoever. 

Good blocker though.

Still want versatility across the board to create the perfect team.

He's a clutz in the passing game. Looks like his cleats are made of lead.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Coming in late so this has already probably been said by others.

1.  TE just is not a high value position with the best WR trio in the league.

2.  CJ probably went to NY to get his foot in the media business while he is still playing.  Uzo loves him some camera time.

I wish him the best of luck.  If he can stay healthy he will probably put up pretty good numbers on a team that does not have 3 top level WRs.

Dude has a knack for it. I could definitely see him in the media in his post football career.
Reply/Quote
Well that sucks. I really thought he’d come back with an “unfinished business” mindset. Guess that’s naive though. It almost always comes down to the money.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well that sucks. I really thought he’d come back with an “unfinished business” mindset. Guess that’s naive though. It almost always comes down to the money.

Was thinking the same thing. But if our offer was even close wouldn't taxes as well as being on a crap team make that a hard choice? I mean cost of living alone. My mortgage would be a very small apartment in NYC. Lmao
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:29 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: Was thinking the same thing. But if our offer was even close wouldn't taxes as well as being on a crap team make that a hard choice? I mean cost of living alone. My mortgage would be a very small apartment in NYC. Lmao

That's the thing we may never know what the Bengals actually offered him. 

If the Jets offer is 8 million in guaranteed money and the Bengals offer is 7 million with only 2 or 3 million guaranteed then I understand his decision. Not happy he is gone, but wishing him nothing but the best. Guy was a class act.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He said he wants to...

I've seen a few websites since Brady announced his retirement saying that he wants to, so I'm guessing it hasn't changed. 

I'm guessing that he'd probably actually rather play with Burrow considering that Brady isn't the Brady of old and, like I said, Gronk knows he has a better shot at another ring here.

He also might have retired the first time because he didn't want to play with an average quarterback since Brady retired but might see Burrow as a quarterback that he can extend his career with.
(03-14-2022, 10:50 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: Gronk isn't leaving Tom.
Burrow's the next big thing so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Gronk loves to party and have fun but he's also a businessman and knows that his best chance at making money, while also winning and being happy, is playing here.
(03-14-2022, 10:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You sure?

You could be right. All I know is that Bucs team isn't going to be near what it was last year with all the guys they lost and 
cannot afford. Surprised Brady came back honestly, he just can't give it up lol

Thought he left on a high point after his almost comeback against the Rams. Will be much harder for him this year even if 
he is great still.

The more I think about this, the more I see it happening.

I'd love to sign him for only one or two years because I'd love to draft Baby Gronk next year, but I don't think we could pass on landing Gronk.
Reply/Quote