Time to look for a cheaper option.

I'd love to take a gamble on OJ Howard.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: 2 great plays by Tyler Conklin: (Gronklin?)

NFL wont allow them here sorry please click the links:

https://youtu.be/4LVtvJB6v1Y

Tyler Conklin Cannot Be Tackled on 20-Yd TD!

https://youtu.be/LN0t1BEHcEI

Tyler Conklin high-points contested jump-ball for 31-yard catch

First of all best wishes and thank you for all you did CJ hate to see U gone A .  

Now business lol, would be very happy with Conklin and not sure Gronk will come now anyway with Brady coming back. 

Yet either way with the Bengals now having an improved rushing attack per signings to go along with their 3 elite WR's. Believe any TE who can run a route and catch a ball will do well here imo. 

Have not watched much of Conklin but he looks sick in these clips and big enough to run block too. 

Am stoked with what the Bengals are doing so far and just going to make some popcorn and enjoy the show. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Think about it, let's say we offered him only 18 million instead of 24 million. He has a much higher chance to "buy" a ring at 18 million. He was already making 6 million a year with us and it was trending up.

His chances to win a ring in NY right now instead of Cincy are basically zero.

Imagine being on your death bed and kissing a $100 bill instead of a Supebowl ring, that's CJ Uzo. You grow up wanting to win a ring, imagine chasing every last dollar. Now he's 29 so it makes sense from his perspective, but in NY with basically 10 teams or more that can dominate them in the AFC alone, he threw his chance of ring in the toilet.

That 6 million can buy another house and maybe a boat. He can watch us from Burrow's bigger boat/bigger party because only superbowl winners are allowed on that one.

It's good to learn the lesson early, to detach money from your happiness.

I will be watching the post-game speeches for NJ so I can see "This is our standard" after they win 1 game and then lose the next 5, and the "IT IS US!!! WE ARE THE #1 PICK IN THE DRAFT!"

NFL is a business. They don’t play for fun. They train and sacrifice to perfect their game and make a living for themselves and their family. The fact that he went somewhere other than staying here means nothing negative about him as a person. He’ll be the same guy next year, just wearing green (and cashing green). #dadjoke I had to
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Time to look for a cheaper option.

I'd love to take a gamble on OJ Howard.

He averaged like 16 per catch and close to that another season as well. He has been way underutilized IMO.
Reply/Quote
Thanks to CJ for the Super Bowl run and badass, inspirational talks to the boys we got glimpses of on social media during the season. CJ contributed to this being a fun team to watch.
Reply/Quote
Sucks but he wasn't worth that kind of money!

We only need to find a good one that wants to chase a ring for one year and then we can draft my friend Michael Mayer out of Notre Dame and bring him back home to Greater Cincinnati!

We'll need to trade up from 32 to get him, but he's worth it! Baby Gronk!

[video=youtube][/video]

Reply/Quote
Hate to see him go. His personality might be hard to replace, but I don’t think his production would be hard.
Reply/Quote
That's a bummer, but you can't blame him for getting paid. Thanks for the memories, and for busting your butt to get back to play in the SB CJ. Good luck in Jersey, you'll need it, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:32 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Imagine being on your death bed and passing a ring down to your daughter instead of $9 million

Yeah, the ring is not guaranteed. The money is. 

Hard to turn down both the money and the huge media market.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Thanks to CJ for the Super Bowl run and badass, inspirational talks to the boys we got glimpses of on social media during the season. CJ contributed to this being a fun team to watch.

Yup

I hate to see him go but at the same time I'm happy for him. He's a good dude.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see Moss get a chance. I really liked cj , but damn to the jets? I mean really cj... good luck I guess
Reply/Quote
Bummer.

CJ was one of my favorite players. I will be sad to see him go.

I do not think $8 mil is that much of an overpay for him. He was making $6 mil already and had a career year & we went to the SB. He deserved a raise.

Having said that, I would still prioritize RT and CB over TE. We really need 2 TEs now. Sample is worthless as a pass catcher.
Reply/Quote
Think we’ll miss him more in the locker room. I never thought TE should be a high priority even if it was Gronk. We have 3 very good receivers we just need a TE who is solid and won’t cost a ton. With the improved line we can probably run better and have more time for things to open up.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  get him, but he's worth it! Baby Gronk!

Not certain that Adult Gronk is off the market. Granted it is likely.

...also haven't there been like 10+ "Baby Gronks" already? Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Sucks but he wasn't worth that kind of money!

We only need to find a good one that wants to chase a ring for one year and then we can draft my friend Michael Mayer out of Notre Dame and bring him back home to Greater Cincinnati!

We'll need to trade up from 32 to get him, but he's worth it! Baby Gronk!

[video=youtube][/video]

Mayer's incredible, but we need to wait 'til next year...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Tiger

We have our guy on the roster.
Thaddeus Moss
Reply/Quote
I think we should replace him with with either Brad Smelley or Jake Butt.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think we should replace him with with either Brad Smelley or Jake Butt.

Why not both?
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Uzi. Quality team player.

Thaddeus Moss and Scotty Washington probably cracked a smile when they learned the news.

We have to choose wisely where we spend. 7 years, 1591 receiving yards, and 13 TDs is replaceable. Love the guy. But I remember Reggie Kelly. Great blocker, meh pass catcher, great locker room guy, team leader. Never won a playoff game with him.

We couldn't pay that much
Reply/Quote
My Gut says Gronk signs here tomorrow, If offer was close CJ would have stayed here.
Reply/Quote