Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ to the Jets
Robert Tonyan, OJ Howard or Tyler Conklin anyone!?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:17 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Robert Tonyan, OJ Howard or Tyler Conklin anyone!?
Conklin Howard Tonyan in that order.  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:17 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Robert Tonyan, OJ Howard or Tyler Conklin anyone!?

I think all 3 could be in play, my guess is we wait for wave two for a bit of a price drop.
Reply/Quote
No way we were gonna do 8 million per. I am actually surprised anyone gave him that. CJ was a good pass catcher and decent blocker but no way i imagined 3 years 8 million per with an Achilles injury in his history. And just like that TE becomes maybe our biggest need and imo we need 2 because Sample just doesn’t cut it
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Gotta sign a pass catching TE. I’d take OJ first, then Conklin. Be happy with either.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:20 PM)Housh Wrote: No way we were gonna do 8 million per. I am actually surprised anyone gave him that. CJ was a good pass catcher and decent blocker but no way i imagined 3 years 8 million per with an Achilles injury in his history. And just like that TE becomes maybe our biggest need and imo we need 2 because Sample just doesn’t cut it

He had the best season of his career after that Achilles injury.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:23 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Gotta sign a pass catching TE. I’d take OJ first, then Conklin. Be happy with either.

Me too but Gronk is still chatting up the press about wanting to play with Joe Burrow. That would be epic.
Reply/Quote
$8 million seems like a fair deal for CJ. We should have matched then drafted his replacement over the next few years. Who is available to replace CJ’s production at that salary?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yikes. He really chased the money. The JETS? Really CJ. Ok.

I don't have an issue with the guy getting all he can get.  That said, the fact that he's getting his 3rd contract after already making $20+ mil and he bolts a team that was minutes from winning the SB to go to the biggest dumpster fire in the league should put a pin in all that "indispensable locker room leader" talk.  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: wow. this was really personal for reuben

Think about it, let's say we offered him only 18 million instead of 24 million. He has a much higher chance to "buy" a ring at 18 million. He was already making 6 million a year with us and it was trending up.

His chances to win a ring in NY right now instead of Cincy are basically zero.

Imagine being on your death bed and kissing a $100 bill instead of a Supebowl ring, that's CJ Uzo. You grow up wanting to win a ring, imagine chasing every last dollar. Now he's 29 so it makes sense from his perspective, but in NY with basically 10 teams or more that can dominate them in the AFC alone, he threw his chance of ring in the toilet.

That 6 million can buy another house and maybe a boat. He can watch us from Burrow's bigger boat/bigger party because only superbowl winners are allowed on that one.

It's good to learn the lesson early, to detach money from your happiness.

I will be watching the post-game speeches for NJ so I can see "This is our standard" after they win 1 game and then lose the next 5, and the "IT IS US!!! WE ARE THE #1 PICK IN THE DRAFT!"
Reply/Quote
We're going to sign Everett. Book it. 3yr deal.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Sad to lose CJ as he was a good TE and a leader. Let's see who they bring in for TE or are they going with.....Thaddeus Moss.
Reply/Quote
2 great plays by Tyler Conklin: (Gronklin?)

NFL wont allow them here sorry please click the links:

https://youtu.be/4LVtvJB6v1Y

Tyler Conklin Cannot Be Tackled on 20-Yd TD!

https://youtu.be/LN0t1BEHcEI

Tyler Conklin high-points contested jump-ball for 31-yard catch

Reply/Quote
Guess we'll have to get used to other teams overpaying for our free agents. Part of being a fan of a super bowl contender.
Reply/Quote
A bit on the high side for Uzomah, but good for him.

He had a better personality than actual skills, but he will definitely need to be replaced. He was at least capable.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Think about it, let's say we offered him only 18 million instead of 24 million. He has a much higher chance to "buy" a ring at 18 million. He was already making 6 million a year with us and it was trending up.

His chances to win a ring in NY right now instead of Cincy are basically zero.

Imagine being on your death bed and kissing a $100 bill instead of a Supebowl ring, that's CJ Uzo. You grow up wanting to win a ring, imagine chasing every last dollar. Now he's 29 so it makes sense from his perspective, but in NY with basically 10 teams or more that can dominate them in the AFC alone, he threw his chance of ring in the toilet.

That 9 million can buy another house or two and maybe a nice boat. He can watch us from Burrow's bigger boat/bigger party because only superbowl winners are allowed on that one.

It's good to learn the lesson early, to detach money from your happiness.

Imagine being on your death bed and passing a ring down to your daughter instead of $9 million
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:32 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Imagine being on your death bed and passing a ring down to your daughter instead of $9 million

Yea, people have a weird way of diminishing money when it comes to other people’s money. We don’t even know the issue was the top line number, it very well could have been guarantees. There is no guarantee we win a SB but there are guarantees NYJ is paying him more haha.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:32 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Imagine being on your death bed and passing a ring down to your daughter instead of $9 million

And that’s assuming he would even get a ring in the first place. I love ‘em but Cincy aren’t the Pats just yet. 
Only a fool passes that sort of money away in CJ’s position. 
Reply/Quote
Jelani Woods is hopefully in their sights, but they may have to use their second rounder to get him.
Reply/Quote
Criticizing him without knowing what the Bengals offered is kind of foolish.

Like Pally said, he's going to one of the media capitals of the world and he obviously has aims for a post-football career in some form of media.

And laughing at any Bengal fan calling the Jets a dumpster fire or a joke. What the Hell has this team been before last year? ONE winning season and people are starting to sound like Steelers fans.

And Zach Wilson can play. After he came back from injury, he showed that he learned a lot while rehabbing. Almost beat Brady.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote