Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ to the Jets
(03-14-2022, 08:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's basically a rich man's Drew Sample.

I’d say he’s more a poor man’s CJ.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Good luck CJ

Mo Alie-Cox or Tyler Conklin are cheaper and I think could have more on field production than CJ.

Edit Mo back to Indy

Think Mo resigned with Colts today
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't think $8 million a year is bad for him.

It's funny he was Mr Bengal. Loved being here. Then...goes to the Jets.

NY is a great place for a guy like CJ

I can now see him getting a media job after it's all said and done
Reply/Quote
That’s a bummer but he’s not that good so whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: I’d say he’s more a poor man’s CJ.

I think we're both right!
Reply/Quote
Our next TE?  Less expensive than CJ.... and I dont think CJ can do this.

Reply/Quote
This sucks. I loved his motivation and leadership. He played well. Will miss CJ.

Reply/Quote
This sucks. But best of luck to CJ.
Maybe Kyle Rudolph comes home to ring chase and help win one for his boyhood team? Praying Gronk’s talks with the Bucs break down and he chooses to come here but fat chance of that.
Not guaranteeing it, but Drew Sample could have a year 4 breakout at TE just like Dalton Schultz did this year for the Cowboys. Don’t bank on it but you never know.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Lol. Figured he’d chase 8 mil. Good luck CJ, you aren’t playing with Burrow, but you might be a better target than who they have right now
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:01 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Womp, womp. I’ll miss that dude, but they were never gonna pay him 8 mil per year.

I hope he proves to be worth that and more.

Good luck woth Zack Wilson chucking it to him...or Mike White????
Reply/Quote
I don’t blame anyone getting as much money as they can, especially when it’s probably the last contract you will get. That said, the Jets?? He knows Mike White isn’t the starter, right?

Anyway, we will miss him. Good luck to him.
Reply/Quote
I’m impressed that the Bengals didn’t let their emotional ties rule them here. I’m sure it revolves around 3 years and probably wanted him to help the team with a lower deal. This one hurts but there’s give and take here. It’s priority and a TE? They may do more 4 WR sets if they feel they can block now.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:02 PM)M.W. Wrote: Hate to see him go but no way to pay him $8m.

Nobody counts their dollars on their death bed, rings on the other hand. I'm seeing CJ as much more fake than I thought. It's all about the playdough for him. He's in the AFC, he thinks he can get past Joe on the other side? Lol.
Reply/Quote
wow. this was really personal for reuben
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:59 PM)pally Wrote:

I'd go get OJ Howard now.
Reply/Quote
I didn’t think $8 million was too much especially when you consider the Bengals no longer have a tight end.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Sucks but I’m happy for him. Great dude, wish him the best of luck.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:08 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Our next TE?  Less expensive than CJ.... and I dont think CJ can do this.

4 and 24 lock him up for that if you can get him. If not i'm good with OJ Howard.
Reply/Quote
I'm bummed. I liked CJ and what he brought to the team. I feel like the Bengals probably wanted him back for like $6 mil a year at most, I can't blame him for getting $8 mil a year.

Maybe we can get OJ Howard. That would be an upgrade, but we really lost a lot of the locker room atmosphere value.
Reply/Quote
Good on him, make money while you can. Always find it weird people shit on Bengals that leave and are okay with FA’s that sign with us for more money.
Reply/Quote