Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carlos doesn't see 'the plan'
There is no plan. Marvin doesn't care anymore. Mike is still his stingy-ass self. F****ng Paul Alexander is still here... We are on a fast track back to the 90's. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the Browns consistently finish higher than us in the AFC North in 2-3 years.  If Carlos is smart, he'll find a way out of the shit organization soon.
Reply/Quote
I don't mind the rebuild. We all knew it would be hard to keep this team together come this time. 2017 seemed so far away back in 13.

Marvin sticking around for yet another rebuild is the breaking point here. If they were going to clean house they should have cleaned house! Get it over with so we can move forward starting this year, not next.

This isn't even fair to Marvin really. Supposedly on the "hot seat" (someone check that thermometer) this season. MB sure didn't do him any favors. Marvin's back in 18 (no way he's faulted for this season), and then the wheels will really be rolling down I-75 by then. The next wave (Dulap, Atkins, Green, Dalton) will be up. And when they go.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 08:07 PM)Millhouse Wrote: lol look at the responses already when you click on the tweet

LOL

I've got my pitchfork ready. Anybody have a torch ? 

How much longer can this nightmare last ?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 07:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not a genius, or an expert at much of anything, but I can recognize the significance of some things when they happen.  Now that Whit has left the team, Dunlap is not pretty much a senior leader on this team.  One of the worst things that this team could do, in it's now fragile state, is to upset the veteran leadership that remains.  If the Bengals organization loses the confidence of guys like Dunlap, Atkins, and AJ Green, they might as well cash it in, and move onto selling used cars. 

This was one of my concerns as well.  Marvin did at least turn the culture around here.  Several years in the playoffs and a core group of good players at least kept hope alive.  After the last 2 years of losses in fa with no adequate replacements, a coach waiting on an extension and now current players publicly questioning what's going is bad news IMHO.  Why would freeagents want to come here moving forward.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 07:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

There's a plan?

Whatever the Bengals' plan is, winning a championship is not part of it.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 08:20 PM)BengalChris Wrote: There's a plan?

Whatever the Bengals' plan is, winning a championship is not part of it.

Like someone on twitter said - perhaps their plan is to see how good a practice squad they can build with all the comp picks ?
Reply/Quote
Perhaps it would help if one of you folks with twitter would explain to him that immediate improvement is of no consequence when you consider the importance of hordeing future comp picks.  Yes.  That will help him for certain.  Hmm

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 08:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Like someone on twitter said - perhaps their plan is to see how good a practice squad they can build with all the comp picks ?

Sadly, that's what seems happens with our comp picks.

Bengals heading back to minor league status again, sending players up to the major teams.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 08:17 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: M
This was one of my concerns as well.  Marvin did at least turn the culture around here.  Several years in the playoffs and a core group of good players at least kept hope alive.  After the last 2 years of losses in fa with no adequate replacements, a coach waiting on an extension and now current players publicly questioning what's going is bad news IMHO.  Why would freeagents want to come here moving forward.
I remember reading an article several years ago describing dome teams as "pay cheque teams" where players come to earn a cheque but don't care. The Bengals were listed as a team with the most players just worried about their paycheque. Marvin changed that culture. Honestly I haven't seen that type of attitude here. Remember the days when the Bengals barely had anyone show up for off season workouts? I remember there was a story about how only one player showed up for Marvins press conference. That was unheard of at the time. 

He created a culture where players cared. I'm not a ML supporter but I will give him credit when it's due. 

I'm worried that the positive energy this team has had could be impacted by the loss of leadership and apathy of the ownership. 
Reply/Quote
Joke is on you Carlos........ There is no "Plan". Never has been.
Reply/Quote
The plan just got worse, now you will have limited snaps for badmouthing the organization. Good job Carlos!
Reply/Quote
Welp...there's our first (publicly) disgruntled player out of this core. Reboot 3.0 coming soon.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
They better sign Dunlap, minter n barwin n have a great draft to boost moral this off season
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 08:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Welp...there's our first (publicly) disgruntled player out of this core. Reboot 3.0 coming soon.

Unfortunately it'll probably take Dalton or Green saying something to really make any waves. 

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 07:50 PM)grampahol Wrote: The plan is to keep buying lottery tickets and hope enough $2 scratch offs hit every season from here on out. 
What could possibly go wrong with this plan? 

The bad part is the Bengals go with familiarity, no matter what. Good or bad. They will be promoting from within. There is nobody on this staff that i'd be happy with as a HC.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 08:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Welp...there's our first (publicly) disgruntled player out of this core. Reboot 3.0 coming soon.

Gio Bernard also posted an emoji on twitter with a zipper over it's mouth after both linemen left. Basically saying he's publicly keeping his mouth shut, but he's not happy.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 09:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unfortunately it'll probably take Dalton or Green saying something to really make any waves. 

Those are also the 2 least likely people to say anything. I truly beleive that's half the reason they drafted Andy, they knew he would be a good kid and keep to himself.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 09:13 PM)09ItsOurTime Wrote: Gio Bernard also posted an emoji on twitter with a zipper over it's mouth after both linemen left. Basically saying he's publicly keeping his mouth shut, but he's not happy.

That's as close to "speaking out" as Gio would get.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 09:14 PM)09ItsOurTime Wrote: Those are also the 2 least likely people to say anything. I truly beleive that's half the reason they drafted Andy, they knew he would be a good kid and keep to himself.

He'll probably keep to himself, but like A.J. he will speak the best way he can, by not signing another extension. 

This is bad, very bad. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Well...someone just won the internet for today.

https://twitter.com/Carlos_Dunlap/status/841807559619166208

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote