Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase speaks on drops...
(09-11-2021, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Of course.

And yeah, the tic tok stuff is pretty annoying. I’m glad it wasn’t around for Chad at the height of Ochocinco mania lol.

Yeah I have a feeling he would have been all over that.   :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 10:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess. Maybe “effort” would be more accurate. If I start seeing Chase refuse to lay out for balls, or continually give up on routes, I’ll call him out on it.

I dunno. The theory is the Bengals draft by committee. I just always assumed the doghouse was a mix of Marvin wanting someone different combined with Ross's early injuries. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 11:30 PM)Benton Wrote: I dunno. The theory is the Bengals draft by committee. I just always assumed the doghouse was a mix of Marvin wanting someone different combined with Ross's early injuries. 

Well, if the rumors of Marvin wanting Foster were true then he doesn’t have much room to knock the Ross pick. As bad as he’s been, Ross has had the more “successful” NFL career of the two.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 09:32 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Are we forgetting when 85 had a burn list of every CB he played that year? Or sending the entire Brownies team Pepto before the game bc of how sick they will be?

See below   

(09-11-2021, 09:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think we're forgetting, but by the time Chad did that he'd had about 3 years with over 1,000 receiving yards, made a Pro Bowl or two, and led the AFC in receiving yards. 

Exactly, and to be fair, it was funny as a fan when Chad did that but it certainly made the other team come after him more and a few times it did back-fire. 

I just really prefer the mind-set of A.J. and Julio who just went out and dominated and moved on. That is what Chase should be thinking about.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 06:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Explanation for that tweet below (copied from Reddit)

The 1-0 thing is a Joe brady thing. During the 2019 season he would tweet “1-0” after every week—implying that he was taking the season one game at a time. Joe brady usually did it after the game, but I assume this is the same type of deal. If I had to guess, chase will tweet “1-0” before every game. It’s kind of a “trust the process”/“control the controllable”/“do your job” type thing.

Maybe don’t be so quick to pile on? If that’s truly the origin of the tweet, it seems pretty innocent to me.

If it is after the game, that is all good. I have no issue with that at all. And if it is a tribute to LSU stuff, cool that's all good but not before the game.

That literally is bulletin board stuff from a rookie WR, just not a good look at all. I hope Boyd or Burrow or someone pulls him aside and says, "Hey, all good but do it post game."

If they win Sunday and he posted it, wouldn't have been a thing, but it became a thing because as you saw in the original a Vikings player has seen it and commented. It is shades of Ju-Ju and that isn't the type of player I want to cheer for, give my Fitzgerald who beats DBs left and right and doesn't need to pat his own back.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Of course.

And yeah, the tic tok stuff is pretty annoying. I’m glad it wasn’t around for Chad at the height of Ochocinco mania lol.

I really hate it, too, when we give a voice to individuals. They really should shut up, stay in their lane, and know their place, right? Ninja
Please delete this account.
Reply/Quote
I don't understand the eagerness to pile on Chase. I saw that interview. He did not boast he was going to put Peterson on his highlight reel, he was asked about playing against him and he said he "could" put him on the reel, as in wouldn't that be great. Then went on to compliment Peterson and said the only thing he could attach was his age because his skills were basically still there. There was nothing disrespectful in his statement.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 10:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't understand the eagerness to pile on Chase. I saw that interview. He did not boast he was going to put Peterson on his highlight reel, he was asked about playing against him and he said he "could" put him on the reel, as in wouldn't that be great. Then went on to compliment Peterson and said the only thing he could attach was his age because his skills were basically still there. There was nothing disrespectful in his statement.

How is it piling on, to be concerned that a rookie with zero snaps is talking about Patrick Peterson and posting 1-0.

I rememer other WR interviews about playing a DB, and they start off with "He's a great competitor. He's one of the best. I'm looking forward to the challenge." Joking or not joking, to say:

“I could put Patrick Peterson on my highlight tape,” Chase said with a smile in a press conference on Monday. “He might be mad I’m saying it, but hey, you know what I’m saying, it’s part of the game. I’d love to make a play on him.”

Adds motivation to the other team.

Meanwhile, look at the way it was handled by Peterson.

“I respect everything Ja’Marr Chase has done on the college level. I’m looking forward to lining up against him as well. I think it should be a fun matchup,” Peterson said. “The guy has a lot of physical attributes that a lot of greats have in this league. Sunday will be here before you know it.”

Peterson likely won’t be shadowing the Bengals’ No. 1 wide receiver despite the challenge in Sunday’s season opener.

“I’m just lining up playing ball. It’s hard to prepare for Week 1,” Peterson said. ” (In the) preseason, teams aren’t really showing much — not really playing their guys. Only thing you can do is try to go back to last year’s tape and figure out where they’re going to plug guys in… We’re just going to line up, play ball, be where we need to be, make plays and hopefully, we come out of Cincinnati with a dub.”

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/jamarr-chase-patrick-peterson-nfl-news/

There is a total difference between those two statements. It's not piling on, when it is a legit criticism of a rookie giving the other team bulletin board stuff. 

For a quick comparison of guys, look at the talk from Tua and Waddle as they get ready for the Patriots and former team mate Mac Jones.

https://cbs12.com/sports/content/tagovailoa-waddle-poised-for-first-test-vs-mac-jones-and-patriots

Nothing but compliments for Mac Jones. Nothing extra. You just don't say that crap to a reporter. Keep it in house or atleast wait till you've won that game.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 10:59 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How is it piling on, to be concerned that a rookie with zero snaps is talking about Patrick Peterson and posting 1-0.

I rememer other WR interviews about playing a DB, and they start off with "He's a great competitor. He's one of the best. I'm looking forward to the challenge." Joking or not joking, to say:

“I could put Patrick Peterson on my highlight tape,” Chase said with a smile in a press conference on Monday. “He might be mad I’m saying it, but hey, you know what I’m saying, it’s part of the game. I’d love to make a play on him.”

“I respect everything Ja’Marr Chase has done on the college level. I’m looking forward to lining up against him as well. I think it should be a fun matchup,” Peterson said. “The guy has a lot of physical attributes that a lot of greats have in this league. Sunday will be here before you know it.”

Peterson likely won’t be shadowing the Bengals’ No. 1 wide receiver despite the challenge in Sunday’s season opener.

“I’m just lining up playing ball. It’s hard to prepare for Week 1,” Peterson said. ” (In the) preseason, teams aren’t really showing much — not really playing their guys. Only thing you can do is try to go back to last year’s tape and figure out where they’re going to plug guys in… We’re just going to line up, play ball, be where we need to be, make plays and hopefully, we come out of Cincinnati with a dub.”

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/jamarr-chase-patrick-peterson-nfl-news/

There is a total difference between those two statements. It's not piling on, when it is a legit criticism of a rookie giving the other team bulletin board stuff. 

For a quick comparison of guys, look at the talk from Tua and Waddle as they get ready for the Patriots and former team mate Mac Jones.

https://cbs12.com/sports/content/tagovailoa-waddle-poised-for-first-test-vs-mac-jones-and-patriots

Nothing but compliments for Mac Jones. Nothing extra. You just don't say that crap to a reporter. Keep it in house or atleast wait till you've won that game.

I don't care if he says the opponents momma is uglier than a junkyard dog as long as he backs it up with making plays. Today is the day to prove it.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 10:59 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How is it piling on, to be concerned that a rookie with zero snaps is talking about Patrick Peterson and posting 1-0.

Because him talking g about the possibility of putting Peterson on his highlight reel is a compliment to Perterson. If he sucked, there would be no reason to want him on it.
Reply/Quote
Looking forward to Chase having a big day & these threads dying. If not today then soon.
Reply/Quote