Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase speaks on drops...
I'm excited for Chase and I think when he starts playing real games and gets alot of opportunity to get comfortable to the speed of the game he'll be fine. But I don't think he'll be the best WR on this team this year. I just think Tyler Boyd we'll be set to have +1000yd season if Burrow is healthy. I also think Higgins we'll be over a 1000 and I'm excited to see how big of a leap he makes this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 11:03 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm excited for Chase and I think when he starts playing real games and gets alot of opportunity to get comfortable to the speed of the game he'll be fine. But I don't think he'll be the best WR on this team this year. I just think Tyler Boyd we'll be set to have +1000yd season if Burrow is healthy. I also think Higgins we'll be over a 1000 and I'm excited to see how big of a leap he makes this year.

I think Chase will probably have the most yards, because he will get most of the long balls. Higgins will probably have the most touchdowns because of the beast he is. Boyd will likely have the most receptions. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 12:14 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ross didn’t have much of a drops issue. In fact, his hands were listed as a strength. He had six drops over his final two years.

Can't drop a pass if you run the wrong route or give up on your route halfway and thus aren't even in position to attempt a catch.

[Image: 1l1vwn.jpg]

Sorta-jokes aside... according to what did he only have 6 drops over the final 2 years? PFR has him at 9 drops on 63 targets between 2019 and 2020, a 14.3% drop rate. Or are you talking his last two years in college?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 01:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, and I choose to focus on his record setting second year as opposed to his first. See the difference between us here?

No you didn't; you brought up 2 years to show "sample size". I merely pointed to half the sample size you presented.

WTS, we don't have to slam Ross to prop up Chase. Both had fine college careers. 

Tomorrow starts for real; let's hope JaMarr Rice flips the switch. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm enjoying all the dropsies bashing of our target elite receivers now, past & present, because tomorrow, all of that is coming to an end.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 11:14 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Can't drop a pass if you run the wrong route or give up on your route halfway and thus aren't even in position to attempt a catch.

[Image: 1l1vwn.jpg]

Sorta-jokes aside... according to what did he only have 6 drops over the final 2 years? PFR has him at 9 drops on 63 targets between 2019 and 2020, a 14.3% drop rate. Or are you talking his last two years in college?

Sorry, yep, I was talking about him as a prospect.
Reply/Quote
For a rookie WR he has been doing way too much talking honestly.

The drop thing is a bad take on his response to a question but saying before the game he wants to put Patrick Peterson on his highlight reel... https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/07/jamarr-chase-bengals-vikings-patrick-peterson-highlight-reel/

Followed by Tweeting this before the game....

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The kid is going to get the Juju treatment from a safety early on. He needs to actually accomplish something in the NFL before running his mouth and even then, the true greats didn't need to run their mouths. I don't ever recall Julio Jones or A.J. Green calling guys out like this.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 03:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: For a rookie WR he has been doing way too much talking honestly.

The drop thing is a bad take on his response to a question but saying before the game he wants to put Patrick Peterson on his highlight reel... https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/07/jamarr-chase-bengals-vikings-patrick-peterson-highlight-reel/

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The kid is going to get the Juju treatment from a safety early on. He needs to actually accomplish something in the NFL before running his mouth and even then, the true greats didn't need to run their mouths. I don't ever recall Julio Jones or A.J. Green calling guys out like this.

Explanation for that tweet below (copied from Reddit)

The 1-0 thing is a Joe brady thing. During the 2019 season he would tweet “1-0” after every week—implying that he was taking the season one game at a time. Joe brady usually did it after the game, but I assume this is the same type of deal. If I had to guess, chase will tweet “1-0” before every game. It’s kind of a “trust the process”/“control the controllable”/“do your job” type thing.

Maybe don’t be so quick to pile on? If that’s truly the origin of the tweet, it seems pretty innocent to me.

Reply/Quote
Also, the Peterson thing doesn’t really come off as “running his mouth” when you actually read the whole quote…

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 03:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: For a rookie WR he has been doing way too much talking honestly.

Are we forgetting when 85 had a burn list of every CB he played that year? Or sending the entire Brownies team Pepto before the game bc of how sick they will be?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 09:32 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Are we forgetting when 85 had a burn list of every CB he played that year? Or sending the entire Brownies team Pepto before the game bc of how sick they will be?

I don't think we're forgetting, but by the time Chad did that he'd had about 3 years with over 1,000 receiving yards, made a Pro Bowl or two, and led the AFC in receiving yards. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 09:32 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Are we forgetting when 85 had a burn list of every CB he played that year? Or sending the entire Brownies team Pepto before the game bc of how sick they will be?

Not at all but 85 also had a very proven track record when he did that. Chase has done nothing yet but drop passes in preseason games. I hope he gets over it tomorrow in a big way. But even then if he starts doing great I hope he stays humble and just goes out and does his job. I loved Chad and he was a great entertainer as well as an athlete. Always great for a few laughs and a good games. But sometimes it's best to shut up and do your job. I guess I prefer the player that doesn't talk trash and goes to work every week doing what they do best.

Remeber JuJu last year and his dances and tiktok crap? Yeah I don't want anything like that from Bengals players.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 10:07 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Not at all but 85 also had a very proven track record when he did that. Chase has done nothing yet but drop passes in preseason games. I hope he gets over it tomorrow in a big way. But even then if he starts doing great I hope he stays humble and just goes out and does his job. I loved Chad and he was a great entertainer as well as an athlete. Always great for a few laughs and a good games. But sometimes it's best to shut up and do your job. I guess I prefer the player that doesn't talk trash and goes to work every week doing what they do best.

Remeber JuJu last year and his dances and tiktok crap? Yeah I don't want anything like that from Bengals players.

You’re going to be disappointed. He literally stated he wants to break every Bengals receiving record after he got drafted. And I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Now he just needs to go out and back it up on the field.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 11:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Marvin can deny that he had a “doghouse” all he wants, but he had Ross in his almost immediately. You don’t bench a WR over one fumble on a end around on their very first play. There was obviously more to it than that.

I don't disagree with that, but I never heard the reason stated was his work ethic. As far as I know, everyone was fine with Ross's work ethic. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re going to be disappointed. He literally stated he wants to break every Bengals receiving record after he got drafted. And I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Now he just needs to go out and back it up on the field.

That's great go out and break those records and aspire to do so.   Nothing wrong with that and I hope he does.  What I was talking about was doing a lot of talking before the game is even played and talking trash.   Play the game then talk after.   Right now he has nothing to talk trash about. And yes even Chad talked too much.

Again, I prefer the players that go out and do their job without talking trash about how great they are going to be before the game even happens. I get some of it is mind games but I guess I prefer the Larry Fitzgerald types.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 10:20 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't disagree with that, but I never heard the reason stated was his work ethic. As far as I know, everyone was fine with Ross's work ethic. 

I guess. Maybe “effort” would be more accurate. If I start seeing Chase refuse to lay out for balls, or continually give up on routes, I’ll call him out on it.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 10:24 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That's great go out and break those records and aspire to do so.   Nothing wrong with that and I hope he does.  What I was talking about was doing a lot of talking before the game is even played and talking trash.   Play the game then talk after.   Right now he has nothing to talk trash about. And yes even Chad talked too much.

Eh, I think a lot of the stuff can be fun, and good for the game. As much as I loved AJ he was kind of a boring guy tbh. Sure, you have to respect the way he carried himself (except against Jalen Ramsay lol), but I also appreciate the big personalities as well. Sports are entertainment after all.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, I think a lot of the stuff can be fun, and good for the game. As much as I loved AJ he was kind of a boring guy tbh. Sure, you have to respect the way he carried himself (except against Jalen Ramsay lol), but I also appreciate the big personalities as well. Sports are entertainment after all.

Agree it is entertainment.  I also stated earlier that Chad was a great entertainer as well as an athlete.  He was fun to watch as a great player and fun for all his antics. He did a lot to carry the franchise for a long time both with his game play, showboating and his support of the team, which he still seems to do.  

But at the end of the day as a Bengals fan I want a player invested in their craft first over a showmanship.  If the player can balance both, and not go as far as JuJu dancing ticktok cringe, then that would be great.  But as far as Chase let's start with playing the game at a high level first and see what happens.  Let's hope that starts tomorrow and continues for as many years as he is a Bengal.  Agree?  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 10:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Agree it is entertainment.  I also stated earlier that Chad was a great entertainer as well as an athlete.  He was fun to watch as a great player and fun for all his antics. He did a lot to carry the franchise for a long time both with his game play, showboating and his support of the team, which he still seems to do.  

But at the end of the day as a Bengals fan I want a player invested in their craft first over a showmanship.  If the player can balance both, and not go as far as JuJu dancing ticktok cringe, then that would be great.  But as far as Chase let's start with playing the game at a high level first and see what happens.  Let's hope that starts tomorrow and continues for as many years as he is a Bengal.  Agree? 

Of course.

And yeah, the tic tok stuff is pretty annoying. I’m glad it wasn’t around for Chad at the height of Ochocinco mania lol.

Reply/Quote
Chase's intentions on Twitter are probably innocent. He should cut it out anyway. It's not a big deal and doesn't warrant any real concern, but it does provide bulletin board material. Context doesn't matter in a locker room; they just want words to feast on.
Reply/Quote