Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Baker expected to sign with Bengals
The article goes on say effort has always been an issue fir Chris baker. I’m ok with him as a rotational player.

Bengals see him as cheap and interfering with their comp pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Alright guys, lets keep it at least semi on topic. Plenty of other threads to sound off about the o-line.

This is a positive move that has nothing to do with the o-line.

Yep sorry. Back on topic ..... uhh another random bum signing that will make no difference what so ever, you could substitute this guy with any other shitty FA signing or random late round draft pick and get the exact same outcome  Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Alright guys, lets keep it at least semi on topic. Plenty of other threads to sound off about the o-line.

This is a positive move that has nothing to do with the o-line.

My fault. I'm sorry. Please don't whip me again. It's not like I like it and enjoy when you make me dress up in all leather and whip me like the bad boy I am.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: My fault. I'm sorry. Please don't whip me again. It's not like I like it and enjoy when you make me dress up in all leather and whip me like the bad boy I am.  Mellow

Hilarious Best thing to come out of this potentially done Signing so far.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Well if they do sign Baker then I guess the nose tackle Vea is off the table. Unless for some reason they do not sign Geno Atkins to a new contract.

I wouldn't say any of these bargain bin signings have any affect on the draft.
Reply/Quote
If it is cheap i would like it. He was good as a 3-4 DE. He wasnt a fan of playing NT.

My big issue is both of his most recent teams had issues with his effort.

So we added Hart who quit on his team and we are looking at Baker who doesnt like to try....

For a coach and team who know how to get players to give up on the team... Not real happy with our start to the new season
Reply/Quote
Will be a good pickup. Burney knows him.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: who are we set to lose? Pat sims... I don't think we have to worry about comp picks for this offseason   only 1 player could get a big contract and that's unlikely...   and that's eifert.

So this could be a year that's not a factor.

Hill and AJ will probably net us some picks.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Seems like the most noteworthy thing he's done in the NFL is pull Carson Palmer's helmet off by the facemask a few weeks after blindsiding Nick Foles on an INT play. I'm semi-interested in seeing how many fines he can tally up if he's actually on the field and in stripes.

https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2014/10/18/chris-baker-fine-nick-foles-carson-palmer
Reply/Quote
Saw this guy with the Skins a few years ago and thought he looked good.

Would be all for this, Sims replacement and insurance in case Billings and Glasgow struggle.

This doesn't take Vea off the table in my opinion either.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Saw this guy with the Skins a few years ago and thought he looked good.

Would be all for this, Sims replacement and insurance in case Billings and Glasgow struggle.

This doesn't take Vea off the table in my opinion either.

I think it does, I think Glasgow is the future there and they like him. He graded out decently for a rookie last year.
Reply/Quote
I was on the Vea hype train. But the Bengals have passed up good DT's in the first before (along with Safety's). So that was always a long shot.

He has some motivation issues. Hopefully it's a one year deal.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 02:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think it does, I think Glasgow is the future there and they like him. He graded out decently for a rookie last year.

I like Glasgow and Billings could be great if he gets over that injury, those linger a bit.

Oh well on Vea then, i am liking Edmunds more and more if he is there anyways.

Dude is one big, fast, Linebacker. Could be a great one, reminds me of a bigger Shazier but takes better angles.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If we don't sign at least 1 offensive lineman in free agency, I'm gonna ... I'm gonna ... well, I'm going to do the only thing I can do and ***** and moan about how this franchise sucks! :angry:

They did sign an OLineman, that Tommy Boyce guy from the Giants.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 02:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: I was on the Vea hype train. But the Bengals have passed up good DT's in the first before (along with Safety's). So that was always a long shot.

Vea just reminds me too much of Danny Shelton who was supposed to be can’t miss and has been pretty average to this point. I get he had a better combine but I just can’t shake the parallels.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah well you all around here have turned this board into one giant ***** fest its really sad.

No offense, but the Bengals haven't done anything to give optimism to its fan base yet. They retained a coach (and some assistants) that the fans mostly wanted gone. There is talk of bringing back the player (Bodine) that most fans wanted gone. The "change" Marvin spoke on when he was retained hasn't been matched with actions since then, as it's already been reported that the Bengals won't change their approach to FA either.

The only thing people really have gotten excited about in 2018 so far was bringing in Pollack to replace Alexander. But that optimism even faded away somewhat when he seemed to praise Bodine and Ogbuehi (which the fans want replaced).

You may choose to be optimistic, but IMO it's ok for others to not be until the organization shows something worth such optimism.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Wait..aren't you guys willing to at least wait until Hobson tells us he's the single greatest defensive lineman of all time?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If Burney worked with him in Washington during his better years, then that's a positive.

Looking back his best years in Washington came after Burney 2010-2014 left. But at least he's familiar with him and if work ethic is that bad he knows.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Yea lets get away from the paranoia, if they go the comp pick route it is what it is. This is a descent rotational DT to split time with Glasgow and Billings. I don't see the negative here.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 02:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No offense, but the Bengals haven't done anything to give optimism to its fan base yet. They retained a coach (and some assistants) that the fans mostly wanted gone. There is talk of bringing back the player (Bodine) that most fans wanted gone. The "change" Marvin spoke on when he was retained hasn't been matched with actions since then, as it's already been reported that the Bengals won't change their approach to FA either.

The only thing people really have gotten excited about in 2018 so far was bringing in Pollack to replace Alexander. But that optimism even faded away somewhat when he seemed to praise Bodine and Ogbuehi (which the fans want replaced).

You may choose to be optimistic, but IMO it's ok for others to not be until the organization shows something worth such optimism.

All very true, actions speak louder than words.

Would like to hear about them signing a decent O-lineman, then i think the bitching would stop.
Reply/Quote