Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Collins SIGNED!
(03-21-2022, 03:29 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’ve been looking at mid to late round guys similar to Ossai who could rotate in as situational pass rushers; Bonitto or Barno types.

I was in love with Ossai last draft, thrilled we got him but we should absolutely be looking to add another this draft who can pressure the QB.

Bonitto is my guy this year. Think he’ll go in round two and I’d be fine taking him there if he lasts to our pick or if we trade down from 31 into the 40’s-50’s.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:01 PM)OSUfan Wrote: No offense but you are incorrect. See below the previous conversation:

Yesterday, 07:13 PM

And unfortunately he may be incorrect. There job is fiscal responsibility to keep this team competitive year in and year out rather than being caught in fire sales like you are seeing take place with the Cowboys.

Are you arguing over the course of their careers as GM/owner, Jones has been less financially successful and the Cowboys have had less success compared to Brown and the Bengals, respectively?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 05:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: So now the 30 pages of absolute immature meltdowns, we just forget that happened right? Like everyone who was convinced our Fo had no clue what they were doing they all admit they were wrong? They were cheap, idiots, etc….right?

I see that there are still comments regarding the ebb and flow of discussions on Collins over the weekend. I think if you think you resemble these remarks, you should take a cue from Michael Scott in The Office.

When Michael and Dwight were called to corporate headquarters to get railed on for Dwight starting a fire in the office as his way of teaching fire safety (Michael put him in charge), it starts with Michael and Dwight on one side of the conference table with two corporate heavyweights criticizing them. Michael slowly gets up from his side of the table, walks to the back of the room, sighs, and then nonchalantly sits down on the side with the corporate heavyweights. He then tells Dwight, "we are not angry, we are just disappointed," and then "but we are going to let this one slide."

Posters who feel they are being singled out as being the whiners should just respond as Michael would:  "I'm disappointed in those posters who whined about the front office in the Collins negotiations, but I'm ready to forgive them and just let this one slide."
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:16 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I was in love with Ossai last draft, thrilled we got him but we should absolutely be looking to add another this draft who can pressure the QB.

Bonitto is my guy this year. Think he’ll go in round two and I’d be fine taking him there if he lasts to our pick or if we trade down from 31 into the 40’s-50’s.

Great Draft to trade back out of the first and get a stud Defender while adding picks. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
This is great. I love Collins already...

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 03:29 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’ve been looking at mid to late round guys similar to Ossai who could rotate in as situational pass rushers; Bonitto or Barno types.

Might take a couple of years but I think Barno could be a real sleeper.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:34 PM)pulses Wrote: Might take a couple of years but I think Barno could be a real sleeper.

He is fast
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is great.  I love Collins already...

I am not really impressed with this.

I like O-linemen who retaliate for cheap shots, but that was just a push and it was in bounds.  Nothing violent or dirty about it.  Retaliation in a situation like that usually leads to a penalty.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 03:37 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Has anyone considered that maybe it is not Brown and that Brown lets his coaches run the team as they see fit according to the plan they have built? Marvin Lewis never kept it a secret that he did not like free agency and it also appeared he was not very good at it since most of his acquisitions turned into flops. However, it was always Mike Brown that bore the brunt of the fans frustration.

Step in Taylor and company and the outlook and activity of free agency is vastly different. Was it Mike Brown or Marvin Lewis that kept us out of the big free agency market?

There has definitely been a shift in the way the team does things starting with Zac's second year. You may be correct about Marvin. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He is fast

Yes he is. Can never have enough speed on defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 03:44 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Winfrey started out the year graded higher, then slipped some.  But he really came on strong late. To the point where he was an MVP at the senior bowl.  I think he would be a good add even if he is a slight reach.  

Winfrey was a force during Senior Bowl week he and Davonte Wyatt were unblockable. While Im almost positive the Bengals are going to target a Defensive Player at #31 or better yet with a trade back another name to watch is Tre McBride. McBride is a great fit for the Bengals Offense and while not super fast he is just a great route runner and good blocker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not really impressed with this.

I like O-linemen who retaliate for cheap shots, but that was just a push and it was in bounds.  Nothing violent or dirty about it.  Retaliation in a situation like that usually leads to a penalty.

I think it was a clean play, buy Dak got his leg under him. I'm fine with him sending a message to not hurt our QB. I'm sure TJTwat has seen this as well and won't be doing Burrow the way he did last year. This play is similar to Donald pushing Burrow out of bounds in the SB. It was legal because Burrow was still inbounds, but there was unnecessary juice on the shove that was an attempt to hurt him. If Collins makes them think twice about doing that, I'm fine with it.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are correct.  It is based on draft slot instead of active player salary at the same position.

I was just thinking of our recent first round selections which were all taken in the top 10.

Let's hope we get used to drafting at the bottom.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are correct.  It is based on draft slot instead of active player salary at the same position.

I was just thinking of our recent first round selections which were all taken in the top 10.

No worries.  And because of this recent history of drafting high, and the fact the roster is already going to be tough for a lot of the draft picks to make, I can't help but wonder if there isn't a desire to package some picks and move up... Maybe Ahmad Garder if he somehow falls to the 10th pick?

Then I look at the point value chart and realize it would take almost the entire draft to move up to get him at 10, and I think it is much more likely they do trade back and acquire an additional 3rd or something.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: So the answer is...it depends. The 5th year option used to be a bit lower and more slot based but that got changed in the 2020 CBA.
Now yhe 5th year option has some weird quirks to it to modify it's value including play time and pro bowl modifiers. At pick 31, if a player achieved multiple pro bowls it is possible that player could very well be in line for a FT deal. For example, the player up for a 5th year option this year off pick 31 is Kaleb McGary a RT. If he would have hit multiple pro bowls he'd be looking at a 5th year option of 16.6 million while the franchise tag was in fact the exact same number. Now if he wasn't a pro bowl player and just a consistent starter that number would have dropped to 13.3 million so would have been a savings.

Yeah, I guess one of the more attractive things about that 5th year option is just control.  It isn't just a dollar amount, but the fact that the club has a 5th year option on the player that can prevent them from becoming a free agent for an additional year.

Look at Tee Higgins.  Picked at the top of rd 2.  If he was picked at the end of Rd 1, you would not have to sign him to a new deal (or franchise tag him, etc) compared to the club having just 4 years with him as a 2nd round pick before he becomes a FA.  Perhaps a better example is Jesse Bates, since he is in this situation now.  
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 01:03 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The other absolutist.... you were very adamant that we were going with only Reiff, Spain and free agent center as if you were sitting in Duke's office....

Carmen was also Mike Brown's favorite....

Update today Zac said they thought they’d only take 2 new OL .

"Realistically, going in thinking you get two... Just so happened with got three, and that's really encouraging for us." Zac Taylor to @KelseyLConway on three new offensive”

BTW my info was not from direct conversation with Duke or Taylor … but darn close. Same source says he thinks it will be BPA at #31.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:31 PM)Synric Wrote: Winfrey was a force during Senior Bowl week he and Davonte Wyatt were unblockable. While Im almost positive the Bengals are going to target a Defensive Player at #31 or better yet with a trade back another name to watch is Tre McBride. McBride is a great fit for the Bengals Offense and while not super fast he is just a great route runner and good blocker.

Would like all 3 of these guys, Winfrey in a trade back would be ideal.

Warming up to McBride at 31 or trading back and grabbing him. Hurst is only on a 1 year deal.

Could be the perfect TE to learn behind him in Tre McBride and we can add a Tre back to the fold. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, I guess one of the more attractive things about that 5th year option is just control.  It isn't just a dollar amount, but the fact that the club has a 5th year option on the player that can prevent them from becoming a free agent for an additional year.

Look at Tee Higgins.  Picked at the top of rd 2.  If he was picked at the end of Rd 1, you would not have to sign him to a new deal (or franchise tag him, etc) compared to the club having just 4 years with him as a 2nd round pick before he becomes a FA.  Perhaps a better example is Jesse Bates, since he is in this situation now.  

Good point. Also consider all the great players we've selected in round 2.

Maybe this is the best slot we could possibly pick from.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 01:03 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The other absolutist.... you were very adamant that we were going with only Reiff, Spain and free agent center as if you were sitting in Duke's office....

"Realistically, going in thinking you get two... Just so happened with got three, and that's really encouraging for us." Zac Taylor to @KelseyLConway on three new offensive”

BTW my info was not from direct conversation with Duke or Taylor … but darn close. Same source says he thinks it will be BPA at #31.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote