Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DJ Reader a Bengal

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:38 PM)pally Wrote:

Wow, didn't expect this. This means no more Billings. Sad 

Good player though, guess I cannot complain.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:38 PM)pally Wrote:

Well well, looks like we all can start taking a bite out of the crow dish.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ho-ly shit...

Indeed, Billings gone Sad

EDIT* not panning this, btw; it's a good pickup :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Now that's actually a pretty impressive signing, and they beat out the Broncos to land him.
Reply/Quote
I feel like he can be a real disrupter on the defensive line. Good signing. That front four could ease up a lot of pressure on the back seven.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If you don’t have great linebackers the next best thing you can do is keep linemen off them and get to the QB, this move helps do that.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:43 PM)pally Wrote:

Well, all right.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Very Surprising given the presence of Topou and Wren, not to mention the incumbent Billings. That's a lot of jack for a NT.

I def would not have guessed that this was a position they'd spend big on.
Reply/Quote
I’ll take it ! Don’t know a ton about him to be honest. Stopping the run is huge have been dead last in the league the last 3 years. The guys a big NT and apparently can rush the passer as well. Wonder if this points more towards a 3-4 look.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:43 PM)pally Wrote:

Liking this move better and better honestly. 

Feeling a little better as well now.
Reply/Quote
Nice. I like this move. It makes me think we'll be hearing about a Dalton trade in the near future as well. Just yesterday they were saying they only had $3.8m left for free agency. They found some money somewhere.
Reply/Quote
Him and Geno will be huge next to each other this is a big upgrade over Billings. He’s only 25 and moves nice for a 330 pounder. We still have glaring holes at LB and OLine but i love the Reader signing. Maybe we’ll have to go after safeties like HaHa and let Shawn Williams play hybrid bc were running low on LB options other then the draft
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
BTW, he was like Raji was in GB (only better than that overrated mook); body and size of a NT, but played exclusively DE (last year) in their respective defenses.

EDIT* Reader did play more at DE than NT in past years, but did play a bit at NT in previous seasons.

Tells me it will still be an ABSOLUTE hybrid and not a 3-4.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
YASSS
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:45 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I’ll take it !  Don’t know a ton about him to be honest. Stopping the run is huge have been dead last in the league the last 3 years. The guys a big NT and apparently can rush the passer as well. Wonder if he’s a move towards a more 3-4 look.

We are a 3-4 hybrid now. This move makes sense in this aspect and this is not a typical Bengal signing.

Thought we had bigger needs on the OL and at LB but this should make everyone take notice which is what this team 
desperately needed to do. If we get a decent LB and draft O-line we might just be okay with Burrow coming in. I know
this would make Burrow feel better about us getting better on Defense.

I thought Billings would be much cheaper but he wasn't as good as Reader yet that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
If this is real, outstanding.

I'm a big fan of focusing on the line, and this is a great upgrade. Young guy who is getting better season after season.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Gets off blocks VERY well and consistently.
Reply/Quote