Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton POed
Dalton is pissed at Zac and the Bengals for not letting him know he was getting benched because he thought his agent could have got him a gig somewhere else. Dude you were 0-8. You should have went to a palm reader. Hold that clip board for a million a game.
Reply/Quote
How do you know this? Any interesting quotes? He should have gotten pissed off about the team way earlier than before him getting benched. He may not have been benched then........
Reply/Quote
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/30/andy-dalton-agent-sought-trade-deadline/
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Where else is he going to start? Anybody want 1-15 QB?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 03:53 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Where else is he going to start? Anybody want 1-15 QB?

There are a bunch of teams that would rather have Dalton than what they've got.

You have to look through the record and into the details.  This team is on pace to not even reach 1000 rushing yards, for the entire season.  Just look what has happened to this offense since 2015.  Dalton is nothing more than a scapegoat at this point - and it appears many around here are drinking the juice this organization is serving up.

I'd be ticked off too if I was Dalton.  Had they even given him (and his agent) a couple of days notice he'd probably be playing somewhere else right now.

This organization is run about as piss-poorly as one can be run.  It's a joke, and it starts right at the top!  I truly believe MB in his mind thinks he's smarter than everybody else in the room - that room being the NFL. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah I agree with that, the coach said it was his decision - was he lying? Sounds like it wasn't a spur of the moment though, he said he and Dalton were talking about it for a couple weeks (hence why Dalton's agent was looking).

Dalton is more than a scapegoat. That is the problem when a team is this bad, nobody takes responsibility. Who is responsible for this mess? Everyone! Every player, every coach. It's like emailing 5 people to do 1 task and nobody cares to do it.

I doubt teams really care if the player is playing elsewhere or not, they care about their value and getting trades (not MB). They do care if a player is unhappy but how often do we hear of an unhappy player on the bench who isn't going to go out on the field and do their job? It happens but there must be more unhappy players than that, not every player is happy (playing time, money, give me the damn ball, etc). For instance I can imagine Mixon isn't happy with the offensive line or the amount of times he carries the ball.

Unfortunately, when you are this bad, someone is going to get fired. More than Dalton should have been "fired" by now, and more often, it is the leadership rather than the peons on the practice squad that get the axe.

When we look at other QBs around the league, their stats are pretty bad too, so maybe you're right. But would CLE ever swap baker mayfield for Andy? baker has 6 TDs and 12 picks, hah! What a junk QB.

There are only 3 QBs in the league with a worse QBR though. Trubisky, Mariota, Sam darnold.

Andy has also attempted the most passes in the league. Someone else can take a flyer on him, we've flown for 10 years lol.
Reply/Quote
According to reports out of Chi-town, some folks are wrong. AD and his agent say they were told 90 minutes before the trade deadline, the team's saying something else. Let's see....do I believe the goody two shoes guy who's been a good soldier, or the Ebenezer Scrooge crowd? Hmmmmmm......let me think...... Rolleyes

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 03:53 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Where else is he going to start? Anybody want 1-15 QB?

Andy didn't start the last half of last year...…

And some teams just lacking a QB might have had an interest like Chicago.
Reply/Quote
Sure, Trubisky might be bad, I'm just saying his agent can try but I'm sure he wil find a lot more backup QB spots than starters.
Reply/Quote
Dalton wasn't great but we have an XFL caliber coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: According to reports out of Chi-town, some folks are wrong.  AD and his agent say they were told 90 minutes before the trade deadline, the team's saying something else. Let's see....do I believe the goody two shoes guy who's been a good soldier, or the Ebenezer Scrooge crowd? Hmmmmmm......let me think...... Rolleyes

Unless the coach is lying, which he might be, he said he and Andy had been talking about this for a few weeks. Must have still been a surprise, but why would his agent be looking if they really had no idea. I think they knew, they looked, and found not much...not like MB would have accepted the trade?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Unless the coach is lying, which he might be, he said he and Andy had been talking about this for a few weeks. Must have still been a surprise, but why would his agent be looking if they really had no idea. I think they knew, they looked, and found not much...not like MB would have accepted the trade?

They could have been talking about it for weeks and it still be a surprise if they never talked about timing, about the WHEN of it. Also, was Dalton the LAST to know he was benched? Did they tell him before or after they told the rest of the team? Or at the same time?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
So will Andy get Finleys salary while benched and Finleys gets Andys salary as a starter, that s what maling him mad??
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:17 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Sure, Trubisky might be bad, I'm just saying his agent can try but I'm sure he wil find a lot more backup QB spots than starters.

Agreed, the Bears are in a similar situation as us....as in, let's see what someone else can do. That would have most likely been the best dance partner. There may have been another spot or two, but that's the best case scenario for all three parties. Instead, the Bengals wait until literally the last minute. Hell, had they even just gone on and announced it Monday, there would have been plenty of time to get things done, or even Tuesday morning. But no. Two friggin thirty. That's just plain stupid in my eyes. See what you could get for the guy. I'm sure teams had no idea he'd be available. In any case, the timing is a bad look on the staff and FO. Worst case scenario, there weren't any offers good enough, and everyone goes on their merry ways. Nope, we get incompetency, status quo.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:23 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: So will Andy get Finleys salary while benched and Finleys gets Andys salary as a starter, that s what maling him mad??

Because he wasn't given time to try and find a trade partner..
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Unless the coach is lying, which he might be, he said he and Andy had been talking about this for a few weeks. Must have still been a surprise, but why would his agent be looking if they really had no idea. I think they knew, they looked, and found not much...not like MB would have accepted the trade?

They almost assuredly discussed it, but why wait until 2:30 on the day of a 4 o'clock deadline to make it official? Remember the McCarron debacle? That's what happens when you eff around. 

From what I've read, the agent was looking after they told him....not weeks ago. As to Son of Paul, see my other reply. Tongue

Reply/Quote
Here is the video:

I'm all for starting Ryan Findley and seeing what we have in him, but it seems like this whole thing could have been handled better than it was. Maybe come out and trade Andy before benching him to try and save Andy's face a little bit. He deserved that.

This just reiterates what a shit show this whole franchise is. Who is running the show here? Who is making the decisions?

Only the Bengals could have pissed off an unpissoffable guy like Andy Dalton. Next thing you know he's going to demand a trade. What a mess.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Here is the video:

I'm all for starting Ryan Findley and seeing what we have in him, but it seems like this whole thing could have been done better than it was. Maybe come out and trade Andy before benching him to try and save Andy's face a little bit. He deserved that.

This just reiterates what a shit show this whole franchise is. Who is running the show here? Who is making the decisions?

Only the Bengals could have pissed of an unpissoffable guy like Andy Dalton. Next thing you know he's going to demand a trade. What a mess.

100% my thoughts as well.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 03:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How do you know this? Any interesting quotes? He should have gotten pissed off about the team way earlier than before him getting benched. He may not have been benched then........

It is also on ESPN.  

I agree with Dalton here but the timing was not under control of the coaching staff due to bye week.  If the trade deadline ended next week I could see them going for a trade.  As of now, it will look like Dalton will be traded this off season before the draft.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:02 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: There are a bunch of teams that would rather have Dalton than what they've got.

You have to look through the record and into the details.  This team is on pace to not even reach 1000 rushing yards, for the entire season.  Just look what has happened to this offense since 2015.  Dalton is nothing more than a scapegoat at this point - and it appears many around here are drinking the juice this organization is serving up.

I'd be ticked off too if I was Dalton.  Had they even given him (and his agent) a couple of days notice he'd probably be playing somewhere else right now.

This organization is run about as piss-poorly as one can be run.  It's a joke, and it starts right at the top!  I truly believe MB in his mind thinks he's smarter than everybody else in the room - that room being the NFL. 

Bears and Broncos were reportedly interested in Dalton.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote