Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton still sucks.
(08-25-2015, 04:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't know if you guys are serious or not, but, barring injury, I will bet anything that McCarron does not take the starting job from Dalton.

I'd say that's a safe bet barring injury.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't know if you guys are serious or not, but, barring injury, I will bet anything that McCarron does not take the starting job from Dalton.

WhoDeyWho is one of the handful of extremist Andy lovers, the thumbs up was likely him being a dick and not in agreement.

I can't see McCarron starting unless our week 17 is meaningless one way or the other.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:57 PM)djs7685 Wrote: WhoDeyWho is one of the handful of extremist Andy lovers, the thumbs up was likely him being a dick and not in agreement.

I can't see McCarron starting unless our week 17 is meaningless one way or the other.

I see you still havent responded to my last post about Glennon. Please, read and respond
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: speaking of backups i think we need to find space for wilder jr... STs and running is there it seems

Absolutely.....

(08-25-2015, 04:45 PM)McC Wrote: No, he doesn't suck because he had a bad game.   But it is symptomatic of the larger issue with this organization.  They are capable of brilliance and equally capable of an appalling level of stinking.  This is what stops me from ever trusting this franchise.   It will always be in the back of my mind as game time approaches--will they stink today?

And to anyone buying the propaganda about Andy taking leadership of this team, I say, it's all BS.

I also say this--McCarron will be the starter before the year is out.

Good Lord.....I hope not.....talk about a noodle arm.....makes Dalton look like Marino. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I said it and I mean it.  It won't be due to injury.  It will be one too many bad Andy days.  What do we have, three or four PT games?  One of them will be the cause of Andy's demise.  Enough is enough.  Or it will eventually be.

And I will either be right or I'll be wrong and time will tell.  And I am not backing down from saying it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:54 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I'd say that's a safe bet barring injury.  

We'll see.  Andy is already injured.  He has a broken psyche.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 05:01 PM)McC Wrote: I said it and I mean it.  It won't be due to injury.  It will be one too many bad Andy days.  What do we have, three or four PT games?  One of them will be the cause of Andy's demise.  Enough is enough.  Or it will eventually be.

And I will either be right or I'll be wrong and time will tell.  And I am not backing down from saying it.

You should put it in your sig.  That would be awesome.   Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 05:04 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: You should put it in your sig.  That would be awesome.   Rock On

It's right there in black and white.  Twice.  Either you'll remember it or you won't.  I promise you I won't forget.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:59 PM)Frank Pembleton Wrote: I see you still havent responded to my last post about Glennon. Please, read and respond

Oh. I don't know, I've watched Glennon play plenty, and it wasn't very exciting. He's okay, and he was on some pretty crappy teams to his defense.

I agree with the Lovie stuff, but I still don't think Glennon will ever be a good NFL QB. He could be a serviceable starter somewhere, but I'd prefer that if we're trying to upgrade our serviceable starter that we don't get a proven similar or worse guy in his place.

If Andy doesn't pan out, they either need to get a legitimate upgrade via FA (good luck finding anyone available) or go for another young kid in the draft. I'd rather have an unknown to replace him than another proven mediocre QB.
Reply/Quote

if the OL plays like it did last night often this season a Couple Backups will be needed before the season is over...

But mccarron will probly start preseason game 4 so they could be right.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:43 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Dalton has not improved one single bit.

Neither has your analysis nor thread starting skills.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:20 AM)Element Wrote: Dalton sucks, slowly his defenders will stop.

Not if they keep winning.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Glennon picked apart our second string defense… That doesnt make him god.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 05:01 PM)McC Wrote: I said it and I mean it.  It won't be due to injury.  It will be one too many bad Andy days.  What do we have, three or four PT games?  One of them will be the cause of Andy's demise.  Enough is enough.  Or it will eventually be.

This is a bold prediction, but one made with true integrity.  Not sure I completely agree with you, but certainly commendable.  More than you can say about half of these other swaying heads.

I remember a thread on the old boards where Fred had enough with Andy and went ballistic.  Even the biggest, possibly inside PBS homer, OSUfan turned on him previously.  But they always come back with starry eyed with the next weeks mediocre performance. 

WhoDeyWho nailed it.  He has a broken psyche.  He's in over his head and he knows it.  Comes down to a poor talent evaluations really.  At one point he was playing for his job, or for an extension / contract at least.  Once he got it, he felt the pressure of actually doing something beyond what he originally anticipated.  Dont think he has it in him.

Can't say that I'm certain he'll be replaced before the season's end, but I will say that if he proves me wrong and turns things around I will make a lengthy post about the errors in my previous assessment.   
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:02 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This is a bold prediction, but one made with true integrity.  Not sure I completely agree with you, but certainly commendable.  More than you can say about half of these other swaying heads.

I remember a thread on the old boards where Fred had enough with Andy and went ballistic.  Even the biggest, possibly inside PBS homer, OSUfan turned on him previously.  But they always come back with starry eyed with the next weeks mediocre performance. 

WhoDeyWho nailed it.  He has a broken psyche.  He's in over his head and he knows it.  Comes down to a poor talent evaluations really.  At one point he was playing for his job, or for an extension / contract at least.  Once he got it, he felt the pressure of actually doing something beyond what he originally anticipated.  Dont think he has it in him.

Can't say that I'm certain he'll be replaced before the season's end, but I will say that if he proves me wrong and turns things around I will make a lengthy post about the errors in my previous assessment.   
He may not be replaced, due to organizational stubbornness and that alone. 

I think he's giving it his all to hold it together but I think he's losing it.  Any swagger he ever had?  Gone.  The way last year went, then the playoff game, then the PB. 

People will laugh at the idea of that game being significant.  But it was very significant.  His previous PB, he played great.  Why?  He still had his mojo.  A QB's confidence has to be made of piano wire.  Andy's has been worn down to a hair.

Don't know if it's the media, Marvin, Hue, all of the above, but this guy is being ruined.  I hope I'm wrong.   Will jubilently admit it if I am.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 07:52 PM)Beaker Wrote: Neither has your analysis nor thread starting skills.

Pull your head out of Dennys ass to speak?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 07:57 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Not if they keep winning.

Then they'll be foolish for crediting him for every win
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 02:56 AM)Element Wrote: Then they'll be foolish for crediting him for every win

People are foolish for crediting him for every loss.
Reply/Quote

So you're saying Andy will have his worst season ever? I mean, he's always had more good Andy days than bad Andy days, even last year. What's happened that makes you think this will be his worst season ever? 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm not seeing it with AJ. I was hopeful his time relaxing and rehabbing would give him a chance to look good when he got his shot.

On Monday, it looked like his balls were brown pigeons with one broke wing — the balls were wobbling in the air and didn't look very catchable. His decision making seemed ok, but considering he was playing against the bench, if he had any hope of impressing he should have been better than "ok."
Reply/Quote