Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Cat Bounce in full effect
Yep, it's that time, once again. The Bengals season is officially in the tank, yet they'll reel off a few meaningless victories, and people will confuse that with actual improvement.

In fact, it's already happening. I'm already seeing some fans on here singing Andy Dalton's praises, and lauding Lou Anarumo for the much improved defense. LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Lol
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, it's that time, once again. The Bengals season is officially in the tank, yet they'll reel off a few meaningless victories, and people will confuse that with actual improvement.

In fact, it's already happening. I'm already seeing some fans on here singing Andy Dalton's praises, and lauding Lou Anarumo for the much improved defense. LOL

Those people need to realize that we beat the Jets, not the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
I’m trying to find a playoff calculator that includes the Bengals.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Don't forget Zac Taylor.

I still think he sucks and needs to pack his bags.

Having Fat Randy attempt to kick a 48 yarder is dumb as hell.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, it's that time, once again.  The Bengals season is officially in the tank, yet they'll reel off a few meaningless victories, and people will confuse that with actual improvement.

In fact, it's already happening.  I'm already seeing some fans on here singing Andy Dalton's praises, and lauding Lou Anarumo for the much improved defense.   LOL

Today was like a nice dry fart after weeks of having the shits. It's a pleasant relief and just feels good for a minute.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:10 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Those people need to realize that we beat the Jets, not the Patriots.

But, but the Jets were coming in hot.  They had just won 3 in a row..   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:10 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Those people need to realize that we beat the Jets, not the Patriots.

Even if the Stains beat the Stoolers it wouldn't have been some great feat in reality.

That is a shadow of a legit Pittsburgh team.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Today was like a nice dry fart after weeks of having the shits. It's a pleasant relief and just feels good for a minute.  Mellow

Agreed, nobody wants the dubious distinction of going 0-16.  I'm happy for the players, that they at least got that off their chests.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But, but the Jets were coming in hot.  They had just won 3 in a row..   Ninja

I know it's sarcasm in your post but yeah  So F'n What?  To those who actually pedestal that crap team.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, it's that time, once again.  The Bengals season is officially in the tank, yet they'll reel off a few meaningless victories, and people will confuse that with actual improvement.

In fact, it's already happening.  I'm already seeing some fans on here singing Andy Dalton's praises, and lauding Lou Anarumo for the much improved defense.   LOL

Hyperbole is this boards middle name. 

And some of it's members, first name...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Even if the Stains beat the Stoolers it wouldn't have been some great feat in reality.

That is a shadow of a legit Pittsburgh team.

Indeed Pittsburgh is decimated and 7-5. How they have 7 wins...I don't know.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Today was like a nice dry fart after weeks of having the shits. It's a pleasant relief and just feels good for a minute.  Mellow

You hit the nail on the head Holic. They are selling the magic beans this week.
Reply/Quote
This was the worst thing that could have happened, long term.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hyperbole is this boards middle name. 

And some of it's members, first name...

re: Dalton - People forget he was the QB when we were 0-8. Like he's some new revelation. Some button that was pushed that will save the team.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed Pittsburgh is decimated and 7-5. How they have 7 wins...I don't know.

Defense and offensive line. With Ben, they're probably 8-4, maybe 9-3.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: re: Dalton - People forget he was the QB when we were 0-8. Like he's some new revelation. Some button that was pushed that will save the team.

The button

[Image: th?id=OIP.UyOWXBh0NNFpDFhGUQJKzwHaHQ&pid...=161&h=158]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This was the worst thing that could have happened, long term.

Well...we'll probably win 3 games this year, lose the #1 pick...and lose Burrow and he'll be some franchise QB.

AND...Bengals Management will view winning 3 of our last 5 as some sign that things are going in the right direction...and make less changes.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This was the worst thing that could have happened, long term.

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that.  Even for a shit team like the Bengals currently are, there are players that give their all, every day.  They need a taste or two of victory, to remind them of why it is that they do what they do.  

All of the 2-win teams won today, so the Bengals still have a 2 game lead on that top draft slot.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Truer words have never been spoken.
Reply/Quote