Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Derogatory/Disparaging terms/names/remarks
(12-28-2019, 09:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Dude give it up.

You are literally arguing the difference between foul words. Try actually discussing football on a football forum.

Pardon me, but I thought the title of the thread was "Derogatory/Dispargaing terms/names/remarks".  Oh wait it is.  Try staying on thread topic or maybe avoid it altogether.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:35 PM)samhain Wrote: Accused is the key word and the term has been used consistently for almost a decade straight.  We have a verifiable, on video, no escaping it woman beater on our roster.  Like literally broke some girl's face.  Daddy Warbucks Brown that you praise here knew this before the fact and drafted him.  

Do you honestly think that Ben Roethlisbeger has never donated to a charitable cause in his time as a public figure?  

Mike Brown isn't an aw shucks Mr Magoo.  He's a grifter that held the city hostage for a terrible stadium deal.  He's plenty evil.  He cares about himself, his immediate family, and not much else.  The things he does are calculated and shitty at their core.  Are they rape?  Obviously not.  They still aren't good and he's most definitely a whole lot more than just a guy that runs a team poorly.

I wont say that he's evil...but I think that MB tried to copy the Steelers model...but the Bengals dont have a strong enough team culture and leadership structure to pull it off. Nor the scouts and braintrust.

The stadium deal? Yes it seems one sided...but seems to be happening in a lot of cities.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:28 PM)samhain Wrote: Don't misunderstand me, I don't care one bit what you call the fans/players/coaches of division rivals.  I don't want to be responsible for turning Smack Talk into a patty cake session.  

I get it...... I really don’t get offended by anything that anyone says on here. I do get that everyone on here is different though and I just choose not to be aggressive with my language. So the rules are that posters can be vulgar but only towards opposing players/teams? I won’t partake either way, I’m just curious about the rules.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:48 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I get it...... I really don’t get offended by anything that anyone says on here. I do get that everyone on here is different though and I just choose not to be aggressive with my language. So the rules are that posters can be vulgar but only towards opposing players/teams?  I won’t partake either way, I’m just curious about the rules.

I feel like a 1 win season just has pushed a lot of people into weird spots. Seems Burrow is giving some excitement.

Usually even in bad years...you can make a list of positives. There were few here.

I kind of hope that some coaches are fired, but I dont know.

Anyways...back to vacation mode.

Happy New Year all!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I go on vacation and the board falls apart...haha.

Happy New Year everyone! More to life than football.

Hope you had fun man!
Reply/Quote
Speaking of disparaging...

Does anyone have the connections to get one of those sideline reporters to ask Ed Ogeron to say "them french fried taters"? Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like a 1 win season just has pushed a lot of people into weird spots. Seems Burrow is giving some excitement.

Usually even in bad years...you can make a list of positives. There were few here.

Happy New Year all!

I decided earlier this year that if something epic didn’t happen this year that it would be my last year following the team. I’ve talked myself into JB could be that epic thing. Obviously, they need to give him some tools but I’m gonna stick around and hope that they can somehow hit a homerun in the draft. MB did make a competent move today by extending Hopkins so I will give him credit for that move.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like a 1 win season just has pushed a lot of people into weird spots. Seems Burrow is giving some excitement.

Happy New Year all!

I'm not going to lie, man.  I 100% lost my shit as a fan this year.  It's the first time that I ever entertained the idea of them going elsewhere being a good thing.
Reply/Quote
Where is the Christmas spirit around here lol Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 09:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Haha. Honestly...my problem isnt with individual posters. I just want this team to win in the playoffs.

Some of us are vocal about disapproval. Others with find the tiniest positive. Neither is right or wrong.

The 1 win year has just been especially brutal...when we are used to mediocre or average.

I feel like if I sat by you all at a game that we'd probably have a good time.

Your words are true. Most of us if at a game, or tailgating together, would gather in respect and celebration, even if we were carrying a losing record. We are kind of a brotherhood. 

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Where is the Christmas spirit around here lol Hilarious

Mine is in my 6.7 abv porter I’m drinking lol

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:00 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I decided earlier this year that if something epic didn’t happen this year that it would be my last year following the team. I’ve talked myself into JB could be that epic thing. Obviously, they need to give him some tools but I’m gonna stick around and hope that they can somehow hit a homerun in the draft. MB did make a competent move today by extending Hopkins so I will give him credit for that move.

I feel ya man.

I was telling a friend of mine the other day who also is a Bengals fan.

"There isn't a thing in my life that I know more about that causes so much frustration that I have NO control over."

You realize this when you talk to a casual fan and you're producing players of past and present from household name ones to bottom roster or PS guys.

Then you discuss topics about the team like we do on here and they have no clue.

It's a realization of lost time and money towards an ownership that of course would like to win, but either are lazy or don't know how to run a modern NFL team.

So yeah.  I get where you're coming from about losing your desire and interest for the Bengals.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mine is in my 6.7 abv porter I’m drinking lol

Heavy. Mine has been in the Rolling Rocks I roll with lol
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Where is the Christmas spirit around here lol Hilarious

We drank it all...

[Image: source.gif]

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: We drank it all...

[Image: source.gif]

Mellow

You are the best Holic ha ha  LMAO
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:00 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I decided earlier this year that if something epic didn’t happen this year that it would be my last year following the team. I’ve talked myself into JB could be that epic thing. Obviously, they need to give him some tools but I’m gonna stick around and hope that they can somehow hit a homerun in the draft. MB did make a competent move today by extending Hopkins so I will give him credit for that move.

From one fan to another, I'm glad that you found some hope to hold onto.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From one fan to another, I'm glad that you found some hope to hold onto.

Joe Burrow is good man, I am seriously impressed. 

Great timing for us, lets do this right. Cool  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From one fan to another, I'm glad that you found some hope to hold onto.

That's all we got Sunset.  Joe Burrow and Jonah Williams being the Tackle we need.

A lot of people were hoping Taylor could turn a perceived 5-11 team into a modest 8 to 9 win team from coaching in his first year.

The poll totals suggested that less than 8 wins would be considered a failure.

That was hope for this current season.  Taylor/returning injured players/draft/FAs.  Well we saw how that panned out...  #1OA

So yeah.  JB's success is kinda gonna be a turning point for putting asses in seats and fans to give a damn about the team.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Where is the Christmas spirit around here lol Hilarious

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpics.me.me%2Fbah-humbug...f=1&nofb=1]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
That cat didn't get his Spirits Shake lol
Reply/Quote