Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Derogatory/Disparaging terms/names/remarks
I don’t have a problem with the Brown family being referred to as “inbreds” or pretty much any other term, but it’s not my board so I will happily abide by some pretty easy to follow rules.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've been with this franchise as a fan since it's inception. I see nothing but good things on the horizon.

I love your point of view, but I sure as hell can't figure out what you're looking at... Hope you're right, because losing is getting old.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 04:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Meh. If we had a HoF QB, the very best WR and RB for like half a decade, and received preferential treatment from the league for being one of the chosen franchise darlings, and that’s all we won...

That's why I love the Patriots. They kept the Steelers from having 10 or so Lombardis. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 05:13 AM)SladeX Wrote: I'm with Samhain. The Family is toxic. I've just seen the light. All they care about is:
1) Money: making it with the least amount of effort and expense possible.
2) Dad cares about beating the Browns at least once a year.
They aren't incompetent. They're playing us. I truly believe this. I actually don't want to convince anyone. Thus I don't post much.
This family richly deserves every bit of derision poured upon them,  even more than what we heap upon rival teams. Inbreds seems a little mild to be banned to me.
Just mho.

Over 30 years or so they'll eventually luck into success. Heck 5 playoffs in a row and they thought other teams were emulating us...with Model Model.

Personally I think they try to copy the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
For the record, there is no love for the franchise ownership among the Admins and Mods on this site. They turned their backs on our community several years ago when they shut down the old board and forced us to create our own. As far as I know, no one involved with the franchise ownership is a member on this site.

We have no problem with criticism of the franchise ownership and the Brown family. Just keep the language civil when expressing that criticism (i.e. can the "inbred" talk).

On behalf of my father/uncle/grandfather-in-law, I thank you. He would not want any association with the Brown Family.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 05:13 AM)SladeX Wrote: I'm with Samhain. The Family is toxic. I've just seen the light. All they care about is:
1) Money: making it with the least amount of effort and expense possible.
2) Dad cares about beating the Browns at least once a year.
They aren't incompetent. They're playing us. I truly believe this. I actually don't want to convince anyone. Thus I don't post much.
This family richly deserves every bit of derision poured upon them,  even more than what we heap upon rival teams. Inbreds seems a little mild to be banned to me.
Just mho.

Let's not forget the desire to create infinite high-paying family jobs and payola for cronies like Bob Bedinghaus (for helping engineer the stadium deal).  

I suppose what you say here is the difference for a lot of fans.  Nobody really thinks they are great at what they do for a living.  Some think they are shitty because they are bad at operating a team and/or have bad luck.  Others think they are shitty because they do as little as they have to to continue to justify cashing profit sharing payouts from the NFL.  

One option is sad and pathetic, the other is crooked and malicious.  It's more or less lying and stealing.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 01:22 PM)samhain Wrote: Let's not forget the desire to create infinite high-paying family jobs and payola for cronies like Bob Bedinghaus (for helping engineer the stadium deal).  

I suppose what you say here is the difference for a lot of fans.  Nobody really thinks they are great at what they do for a living.  Some think they are shitty because they are bad at operating a team and/or have bad luck.  Others think they are shitty because they do as little as they have to to continue to justify cashing profit sharing payouts from the NFL.  

One option is sad and pathetic, the other is crooked and malicious.  It's more or less lying and stealing.  

I agree with you 100 percent... They are at the very least some grifters... I dunno why inbreds sounds so damn foul to me, but it does. I guess just cause they're people. For the record, I never really liked the rapist taunts at Ben either. Not that I'm sure he didn't do it... Just that I think it's really just more about derision of the Steelers, and not so much about the act or the victims of it. I don't remember a lot of Frostee the Rapist comments when Rucker was here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 11:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's why I love the Patriots. They kept the Steelers from having 10 or so Lombardis. 

100% in Agreement, those Steeler inbre..., uh oh, um those imbeciles from Pittsburgh would be bragging about 10 NFL Championships, even though the Packers have a league leading 13 NFL Championships.

And the Yankees 27 Championships.     Wink
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
late to this thread but glad mods drawing a line.

The board is the best thing by far for being a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
I personally believe we have the right to call Mike anything that is not racial derogatory for what has happened over all these years. He has done NOTHING for us, so we take the high road and pretend to be in LaLa land with no playoff wins in 29 years. No thank you. I will take my temp-bans and return being the fanatic I am.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:43 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: I personally believe we have the right to call Mike anything that is not racial derogatory for what has happened over all these years. He has done NOTHING for us, so we take the high road and pretend to be in LaLa land with no playoff wins in 29 years. No thank you. I will take my temp-bans and return being the fanatic I am.

Has he done YOU or your family wrong, personally?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 06:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This thread is now open for discussion.  Your sincere input is greatly valued here, and we encourage everyone to join the conversation.

WhoDey2 Appeared to me to be the old fashioned one-sided conversation... Nervous  
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 03:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let this be a reminder that the Code of Conduct is quite clear that this board will NOT tolerate the use of derogatory or disparaging names, terms, or remarks toward others.

I'm speaking specifically to a recent uptick in use of the term "inbreds" to describe a specific person or group of people. We are simply not having that sort of rhetoric around here, and you can count on the CoC to be enforced to the fullest extent, when it comes to things like that.

This is the funniest shit I’ve read. I don’t use that term and i am definitely not a name caller but the fact this had to be posted has me rolling lmao
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:30 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: This is the funniest shit I’ve read. I don’t use that term and i am definitely not a name caller but the fact this had to be posted has me rolling lmao

Yes, it was/is sad that we had to make that post and hold that conversation.  Unfortunately, it needed to be discussed.  We do encourage everyone to express their opinions around here, both positive and negative.  However, there has to be a limit, when it comes to the level of crassness that one chooses to display those opinions with.  

This wasn't a case of "Oh, Sunset didn't like user "X"'s choice of words in a particular post".  There were some that had reached out to staff and expressed their disgust with the choice of words and imagery in question.  As mentioned previously, expressing one's opinion is encouraged on here, so long as it's kept within reasonable terms.  When it gets to the point that long standing, contributing members of this board are saying that something needs to be done, the Staff unites to address the problem.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 02:34 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Joe Burrows will go down as a Bengals legend...along with Corey Dillion, Clint Boiling, Chris Collingsworth and AC Green.

Now don't you go forgetting Findley.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:43 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: so we take the high road and pretend to be in LaLa land with no playoff wins in 29 years. No thank you. 

Here is the problem.  

For adults there are more than the two options of "childish crass insults" and "pretending to be in LaLa Land", but not everyone here can grasp this concept.
Reply/Quote
I am a 1s and 0s type person, so I fall into that is there really a gray area bucket lol
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 03:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Has he done YOU or your family wrong, personally?

You are right, I should be thanking him for his good work the last 29 years.
Reply/Quote
I like my sandwich filling in bread.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the problem.  

For adults there are more than the two options of "childish crass insults" and "pretending to be in LaLa Land", but not everyone here can grasp this concept.

Some people here have never had a playoff win in their lifetime. I think we we have the right to name call a millionaire who hasn’t done ANYTHING to change his failures over the past 29 years.
Reply/Quote