Poll: Do You Want Zac Taylor to Return for Year 3?
Yes
No
Undecided
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Do You Want Zac Taylor Back for Year 3 (Everybody Vote Please)
(01-03-2021, 06:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: After today? I'm not sure. I'm very disappointed in the showing today. Little Gio and Boyd. He was trying to lose this game and I can't take quitting. Plus, when your throwing to Erickson, you want a turnover because that kid handles footballz like hot potatoz. Any momentum going into next season was lost on this very embarrassing performance today.

Kind of leaning clean house right now.

Man, I have a lot of respect for you Harley, but honestly what else do you need to see? He just gave us two of the worst seasons in franchise history. And that’s really saying something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How sadder (is that a word ?) is it that you'll be able to bump this thread again in September ?

Maybe, but I hope not. 

Reply/Quote
I would say it's surprising that 16% voted something other than a firm no, but it's really not. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man, I have a lot of respect for you Harley, but honestly what else do you need to see? He just gave us two of the worst seasons in franchise history. And that’s really saying something.

Good question. Just had high hopes in ZT. After seeing the way he prepared the team, and even himself for this game, I'm not real happy about it. 

Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor doesn’t just need to be fired. He needs a restraining order keeping him at least a light year from Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I would say it's surprising that 16% voted something other than a firm no, but it's really not.  Mellow

At this point, I'm not sure how anyone can look at these results and say 'yep, that guy's earned a 3rd year'.

.203 winning % overall.
.114 winning % outside of December
.167 winning % in the division
.094 winning % on the road
.156 winning % in 1 score games
worst 2 year start for a HC in Bengals history
one of the worst for any HC in recent NFL history
the worst record of all the hires over the last 2 years
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I would say it's surprising that 16% voted something other than a firm no, but it's really not.  Mellow

Wonder how many who voted undecided or yes would change their vote now though?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: At this point, I'm not sure how anyone can look at these results and say 'yep, that guy's earned a 3rd year'.

.203 winning % overall.
.114 winning % outside of December
.167 winning % in the division
.094 winning % on the road
.156 winning % in 1 score games
worst 2 year start for a HC in Bengals history
one of the worst for any HC in recent NFL history
the worst record of all the hires over the last 2 years

Dave Shula win % = .268
Dlck LeBeau win % = .267
Zac Taylor win % = .203
Sick

(01-03-2021, 07:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wonder how many who voted undecided or yes would change their vote now though?

I imagine a few, but I'd say we should've already had a clear opinion on him going into today.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wonder how many who voted undecided or yes would change their vote now though?

I still don’t understand why you guys using desktop can’t? There is an “undo vote” button on mobile.

Reply/Quote
He actually just picked up another yes vote...LOL

3 possibilities:

1. Taylor’s family
2. Trolling
3. Fans of other AFC North teams

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He actually just picked up another yes vote...LOL

3 possibilities:

1. Taylor’s family
2. Trolling
3. Fans of other AFC North teams

There is several names that voted yes that I've never seen post before, so trolling is certainly possible.

Reply/Quote
I seriously expect a house cleaning tomorrow.

If that doesn't happen, you'll hear a loud nuclear-like explosion on the westside. That'll be my head exploding from the sheer stupidity coming out of 1 Paul Brown Stadium...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I'll play devil's avocado here...we should keep ZT. When was the last time we replaced a coach with a better coach? Dear lord, the next guy at this rate is going to be so far in over his head he will likely be a toddler. It'll be like one of those hokey movies where a baby or a dog or something becomes a coach...except in this case he's going to completely suck at this job because life isn't a movie.
Reply/Quote
I want all the coaches gone except Simmons. Get rid of Duke and all Browns (or someone married to a Brown) removed from any position regarding the football side. Save for Mike.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:14 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I want all the coaches gone except Simmons. Get rid of Duke and all Browns (or someone married to a Brown) removed from any position regarding the football side. Save for Mike.

This is actually the only way any of these firings or changes matter.

They can fire every coach but as long as Tobin is here trading up for Finley, and Mike is pinching pennies and not hiring enough scouts, and keeping his daughter and son-in-law and other family members who clearly don't know anything about football in football decision making positions, we're stuck.

Honestly, I don't think Bill Walsh, Lombardi, pick your coach, could come in here and have success (by success I mean playoff wins) with the current state of the front office. Too much incompetence at the top.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll play devil's avocado here...we should keep ZT. When was the last time we replaced a coach with a better coach?

Maybe Marvin Lewis to replace Dick LeBeau?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Absolutely not.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Pros:

Honestly, can’t think of one.

Cons:

Bypassed all nfl norms. 100% of new coaches proved themselves as a OC/DC or a great college coach.
The dork did not.
Accepted this OL as acceptable. Dork move.
Out coached at every conceivable level. Dork.
Drafted Drew Sample in the 2nd round. Dork move.
Agreed to franchise Green, Dork move.
Ran 5 wide 30% of the time with the worst OL in the league. Dork move.
Got the crown jewel hurt. Dork move.
Cried in his final press conference. Dork move.
Wears his shirts 2 sizes to small. Dork move.
If he didn’t find his wife in high school, he would still be a virgin. King Dork.
Offense finished 30 th in passing, offensive genius,NOT. Dork.
Are the Bengals better now then 2 years ago? Fukk no. Dork.
Is there any hope? Dork.
Will he be back? Yes. Only in Bungleland.
Reply/Quote
I was undecided at the end of November. Burrow seemed to stand up for him around that time and my thinking was if Burrow likes him he might deserve another chance. At this point though, I’m in the No column. I don’t think he magically turns it around in year 3, and we can’t waste 2-3 more years of Burrow’s career waiting for him to figure it out. We need to start over before it’s too late.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:58 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I seriously expect a house cleaning tomorrow.

If that doesn't happen, you'll hear a loud nuclear-like explosion on the westside. That'll be my head exploding from the sheer stupidity coming out of 1 Paul Brown Stadium...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Front Office is counting on COVID event limits and social distancing as their only bulwarks against tar, feathers, and pitchforks.
Reply/Quote