Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Does Trump inspire hate from his followers?
(09-13-2019, 01:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: TL/DR, looked like another reprint of hundreds of similar articles that you've posted.   Wink

Sad

But at least you can admit there are lots of articles about Trump singling someone out that dared to disagree or say something "not nice" about him and then his followers went after them with hatred. 

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-13-2019, 01:38 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: As to the OP Question.

No,
People already hate or don't hate before Trump came along. All that's happening is people are trying to use his words to justify their hate with him or to him.

It was same with Obama, but he wasn't quite the polarizing figure that Trump is, but the Right didn't hate Obama back then as bad as the left hates Trump now.

The right had fewer reasons to 'hate' Obama.  They hated that he was black and more spoke more eloquently than they liked.  But he hadn't actually done anything to base their 'hatred'.  So they made stuff up.  E.G. Birthers.

Trump was a bombastic failed businessman who shit on the US during his entire campaign.

But you still voted for him and support him today.  Not surprising given your real alliances.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-11-2019, 06:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I guess it's just not possible that he thinks that trump is better for our country's long term well being then some of the Dem candidates.

I don't like Trump, but I also believe the president is supposed to represent the people and my nihilistic view that people are self-absorbed and small-minded makes his reelection quite fair in my mind.  Trump represents the social media-obsessed, narcissistic, perpetual-victim in us all.
(09-13-2019, 02:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't like Trump, but I also believe the president is supposed to represent the people and my nihilistic view that people are self-absorbed and small-minded makes his reelection quite fair in my mind.  Trump represents the social media-obsessed, narcissistic, perpetual-victim in us all.

There's more truth in your statement then many would like to admit, nihilistic though it is.  After watching last night I just can't fathom the need for the Dems to out "woke" each other.  Biden literally stated that non-violent criminals should not be incarcerated.  Burglaries, auto theft and shop lifting would absolutely skyrocket.  It's insane what I'm seeing from them.  It's like they actually want Trump to win again.

No,
People already hate or don't hate before Trump came along. All that's happening is people are trying to use his words to justify their hate with him or to him.

It was same with Obama, but he wasn't quite the polarizing figure that Trump is, but the Right didn't hate Obama back then as bad as the left hates Trump now.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that a woman who says she "hates" Trump because he publicly calls women "dogs," grabs P, and scorns women who accuse him of assault, really hated him before all that and is just using all that to justify a hatred for Trump which preceded such misogynistic behavior?

Obama was "less polarizing" perhaps because he didn't call women "dogs"? Looking for a cause/effect connection here.

If Trump's actions are not the cause of Trump "hate," then what is?  
(09-13-2019, 03:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There's more truth in your statement then many would like to admit, nihilistic though it is.  After watching last night I just can't fathom the need for the Dems to out "woke" each other.  Biden literally stated that non-violent criminals should not be incarcerated.  Burglaries, auto theft and shop lifting would absolutely skyrocket.  It's insane what I'm seeing from them.  It's like they actually want Trump to win again.

Meh, who knows...Trump running for the republicans was supposedly a "guaranteed win" for whomever runs as a democrat.  With Trump winning in 2016 I'm thinking at least for a while elections are going to go for the person who makes the craziest statements because there seems to be a whole lot of "I don't care if he/she keeps his/her promises as long as he/she wins and upsets the other side" going on.

For all I know Biden saying we won't lock up non-violent criminals is just his "Mexico will pay for the wall" campaign statement.  Perhaps the new form of politics is to say all kinds of crap and get people to vote for what you say even though you won't or can't do it.  How hard is it to picture a democrat saying "Oh, I knew Biden wasn't going to be able to keep all those campaign promises, but the important thing is that Trump didn't win."

No,

Normally I'd agree that people have predisposed love/hate for a politician depending on the party, but Trump is the only president (save Reagan, I guess) who was well-known before taking office.  To compare an actual politician that the average american never knows about until the election to a guy who had a prime time show about how much of an elitist jerk he is isn't particularly accurate.  

The way I see it, Trump was a fairly detestable figure (and that was part of his brand image) who managed to endear himself to the right wing because he joined their side and promised to use his winning touch for them.  I can't honestly imagine many democrats saying that they really liked Trump until he became president, but who knows...the guy is a blue state celebrity who rubbed elbows with the Clintons, supported gun control, and was liberally social when it fit his agenda.
(09-13-2019, 11:28 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Well then, I'm sure you'll be able to provide proof of this.  A simple look at my posting history would suffice.  Until you do so I'll be ignoring your shareblue newbooty ass.   Smirk

I love it when you profanely condescend to me, it gets me hot.  Honestly, try reading the substance of a post before knee jerk reacting to it.  You're embarrassing yourself.
(09-13-2019, 04:01 PM)BakertheBeast Wrote: I love it when you profanely condescend to me, it gets me hot. 

Alter alert!!!!  Just be a man and post under your normal/former screen name.
(09-13-2019, 04:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Alter alert!!!!  Just be a man and post under your normal/former screen name.

I will readily admit my role in the tone of the board prior to the election of Trump, which really made me reexamine how I conducted myself here as people would constantly tell me via PM's that I made good points that got lost in the vitriol in which they were often presented.

(09-13-2019, 04:16 PM)BakertheBeast Wrote:  I will readily admit my role in the tone of the board prior to the election of Trump, which really made me reexamine how I conducted myself here as people would constantly tell me via PM's that I made good points that got lost in the vitriol in which they were often presented.

I'll be happy to re-engage with you when you return to posting on your main account.  I don't play the alter/troll game.
(09-13-2019, 04:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So then it appears you agree with me instead of the OP. As I stated: Trump causes hate in those that do not "like" him, not his supporters. 

Read...the....story.....quit....deflecting...and...defending.....Trump.

ThumbsUp
(09-13-2019, 04:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So then it appears you agree with me instead of the OP. As I stated: Trump causes hate in those that do not "like" him, not his supporters. 

I disagree.
(09-13-2019, 05:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's make a deal:

If you can find one time in this thread where I have defended anything Trump did or said I will voluntarily suspend myself for another month. If you cannot then you must agree to quit making things up.

Sound good?

Sure.  You and your bff have hard core changed the thread from a story written by a man who was attacked by Trump followers because Trump mistakenly named him in another whiny tweet to a discussion about how people hate Trump.  The Thread is about how Trump followers attack with hate anyone he attacks also...even if it's the wrong guy.  That is deflecting from the main story to try and defend Trump's followers and thereby Trump himself.

"Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! Smirk

See you in October?   Ninja
(09-13-2019, 05:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sure.  You and your bff have hard core changed the thread from a story written by a man who was attacked by Trump followers because Trump mistakenly named him in another whiny tweet to a discussion about how people hate Trump.  The Thread is about how Trump followers attack with hate anyone he attacks also...even if it's the wrong guy.  That is deflecting from the main story to try and defend Trump's followers and thereby Trump himself.

"Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! Smirk

See you in October?   Ninja

Yeah, threads never get derailed or change course ever.  Who is his bff btw?
(09-13-2019, 04:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll be happy to re-engage with you when you return to posting on your main account.  I don't play the alter/troll game.

I pride myself on having an extensive vocabulary
(09-13-2019, 04:16 PM)BakertheBeast Wrote:  I will readily admit my role in the tone of the board prior to the election of Trump, which really made me reexamine how I conducted myself here as people would constantly tell me via PM's that I made good points that got lost in the vitriol in which they were often presented.

How were you able to post prior to the election of Trump?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-13-2019, 04:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll be happy to re-engage with you when you return to posting on your main account.  I don't play the alter/troll game.
I don't want to engage with you. Your too smart to waste your time on me. You remind me of this guy:

[Image: k3cwmih578zxe9t6g.jpg]
(09-13-2019, 05:43 PM)BakertheBeast Wrote: I don't want to engage with you. Your too smart to waste your time on me. You remind me of this guy:

[Image: k3cwmih578zxe9t6g.jpg]

Too funny Mr Extensive vocabulary. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-13-2019, 05:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Too funny Mr Extensive vocabulary. 

He was restraining himself for awhile.  I guess the strain got to be too much.  Aren't alters of banned posters against the ToS?
(09-13-2019, 06:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He was restraining himself for awhile.  I guess the strain got to be too much.  Aren't alters of banned posters against the ToS?
Hilarious Good deflection try. Anyway, my bad. I posted the wrong pic of who you remind me of. I think your even smarter than Albert!

[Image: tm0tdb5jp66wyji6g.jpg]