Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Does Trump inspire hate from his followers?
[Image: 295zoh.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-11-2019, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let it never be said that the Left is unapologetic, but this wasn't whataboutism it was support the assertion I made way back in post 14 of this post. I wonder how much worse it will get over the next 13 months. 

In a thread asking the question about Trump inspiring hate in his followers, you instead bring up people that don't like Trump being hateful towards his followers. That is classic whataboutism. It would work for a textbook example. But whatever helps you feel better about yourself.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-11-2019, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let it never be said that the Left is unapologetic, but this wasn't whataboutism it was support the assertion I made way back in post 14 of this post.

Your post #14 was completely "Whataboutism".

Instead of saying anything about the topic i.e. "Trump supporters" you went straight to WHAT ABOUT people who are not Trump supporters.

Like Bels said, it is a classic, text book example of "whataboutism".
(10-11-2019, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I feel great about myself and if you deem answering the question posed by the OP: "Does Trump inspire hate from his followers?" with "He inspires hate in those that dislike them" to be whataboutism.

I am a bit curious.

How exactly do you define "Whataboutism"?

What specifically classifies a comment as "Whataboutism"?

(10-11-2019, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I feel great about myself and if you deem answering the question posed by the OP: "Does Trump inspire hate from his followers?" with "He inspires hate in those that dislike them" to be whataboutism.

This seems like an unfinished thought, but yes, it is. The question was asked, evidence was provided for discussion about the question, and then you played the whataboutism game.

(10-11-2019, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How do you feel about yourself; if the only remarks you have on the ugly protest are about the guy that posted them? 

I feel fine about myself. I've said plenty of times that this sort of behavior is wrong. I recognize that figures such as Trump, through his actions and words, are used as an excuse by people on both sides to engage in behaviors that are abhorrent. I just don't like to use whataboutism to deflect from an issue which generates dissonance for me.

(10-11-2019, 04:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Okey Dokey. I just thought it would be an appropriate place to post news of last night's protest given my assertion in this thread as opposed to starting a new thread. 

So in other words you felt it was appropriate to bring up "whataboutism" about last nights protest because you had already tried to highjack the thread with "whataboutism" with your first post?

Lalala
(10-11-2019, 04:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who do you define "deflection"?

Asking for a definition of "deflection" in a thread that is not about "deflection".
(09-13-2019, 05:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's make a deal:

If you can find one time in this thread where I have defended anything Trump did or said I will voluntarily suspend myself for another month. If you cannot then you must agree to quit making things up.

Sound good?

You clearly said he does not inspire hate in his followers.  That is obviously defending him.

But you will never admit that.

(09-13-2019, 04:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So then it appears you agree with me instead of the OP. As I stated: Trump causes hate in those that do not "like" him, not his supporters. 
I have deleted all of my posts not about the story linked in the OP. I encourage others to do the same.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-11-2019, 04:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You clearly said he does not inspire hate in his followers.  That is obviously defending him.

But you will never admit that.

When does your month long self-imposed suspension begin.
(10-11-2019, 06:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When does your month long self-imposed suspension begin.

I have provided reasoning why my comments were not a defense of Trump, but a defense of those accused of hate. Furthermore the deal was made with Dino and not you......hry wait a minute.

But to be fair: I'll punish myself and not respond to you for 1 month. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-11-2019, 06:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have provided reasoning why my comments were not a defense of Trump, but a defense of those accused of hate. Furthermore the deal was made with Dino and not you......hry wait a minute.

But to be fair: I'll punish myself and not respond to you for 1 month. 

So saying Trump does not inspire hate among his followers is NOT supporting him?

Does that mean saying Trump does inspire hate among his followers is NOT insulting him?

I am confused here.
Does a bear shit in the woods?
Naturally Trump knows nothing, Sanders said she was just there to attend a prayer breakfast, Don Jr was there but so far has said nothing.

A pro-Trump video with him going on a shooting/murder spree...killing "the media", McCain, Obama, etc.

And nobody knows how it got made, or how it got shown.

Tight ship down there.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
It's pretty obvious he has normalized hateful and dangerous rhetoric.
(10-14-2019, 10:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's pretty obvious he has normalized hateful and dangerous rhetoric.

He hasn't seen it yet but strongly condemns it according to this news story.

https://www.apnews.com/5b4d068063154e74bbfca5cbfa3082c0

It's a shame that Trump doesn't have a way to publicly denounce the video in a more immediate and widespread way.   Mellow
(10-14-2019, 10:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's pretty obvious he has normalized hateful and dangerous rhetoric.

Very true.  If only everyone engaged in such rhetoric or actions was equally aware of this.
Watching the video promoting Trump shooting up his critics , blacks, the media in a church (and Evangelicals have pushed him as our moral compass. Hell awaits) one of the reasons why Trump supporters have killed more Americans in domestic terrorist attacks and mass shootings then ISS the last 3 years, and are the biggest terrorist threat we face as a Nation.

We will survive this.

Unfortunately, Evangelicals and the Religious Right will feel the consequences far into eternity. All for Trump of all people. Would be comical if rotting in Hell is anything to laugh about.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Hang on!

Detective Trump has an important case to get on before he addresses the video!

Thank Jebus Fox and Friends brought to his attention at 10am on a Monday when he had nothing else to do.   Cool
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/blame-abc-news-finds-17-cases-invoking-trump/story?id=58912889

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22