Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Update
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:29 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote:
If you're the Bengals and he has the surgery, what the hell do you do then?  
Not exactly the kind of contract year a player wants.  Is he looking at the end of his career?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:29 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote:

Facepalm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who woulda known
Reply/Quote
This isn't good. I think the world of Tyler and his abilities, but if I count correctly, this is his 3rd back surgery. 2 as a Bengals and I recall he had 1 at Notre Dame. Either way, another back surgery is cause for concern for his football career. Time to move on and do your life's work.
Reply/Quote
Shocking

Reply/Quote
At some point you wonder whether he'll even continue to play. I can't imagine his back is going to be able to handle this over and over again. Back injuries are no joke and at that position, or heck, any position, it's going to be more trouble than it's worth.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:36 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: At some point you wonder whether he'll even continue to play. I can't imagine his back is going to be able to handle this over and over again. Back injuries are no joke and at that position, or heck, any position, it's going to be more trouble than it's worth.

My (not so) bold prediction of the day: stick a fork in him, he’s done. Hasta la vista, baby. Sayonara, nfl career. See you later, alligator. Vamoose!

Yeah, I think he’s done. And it’s a shame.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:43 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: My (not so) bold prediction of the day: stick a fork in him, he’s done. Hasta la vista, baby. Sayonara, nfl career. See you later, alligator. Vamoose!

Yeah, I think he’s done. And it’s a shame.

Another Bengal coulda been.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Gregg Cook, Odell Thurman, David Pollack ... we could name more. What a shame.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:48 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: Gregg Cook, Odell Thurman, David Pollack ... we could name more.  What a shame.

I honestly believe he could have been mentioned in the same breath as the great TE's if he hadn't had the injuries... But we keep mov'in, mov'in on!!
Reply/Quote
Damn, always thought this guy could be one of if not the best TE in the NFL if he could stay healthy.

But he hasn't even been the same before this. Sucks, but you have to think this is career ending.

Just saw he was getting fined for writing Pat Tillman and other names of military members on his cleats.

I like him as a person, good man. Wish all the best for him after football.
Reply/Quote
Sad to hear..I'm not sure its the end for him but, I don't think he'll ever be the same if he has to have yet another back operation..It happens,,sadly so..
Reply/Quote
As a man that has suffered a serious back injury, I can tell you that they are no joke. I really feel for him, for what he is going through. If he's smart, he'll get himself repaired, and retire from the sport. At this point, he should have a nice amount of money saved up, his Notre Dame education to fall back on, and a chance to still lead a mostly normal rest of his life.

At his age, he can still get his back repaired, and live a fulfilling life. If he tries to come back to football, the shock and jarring will continue to destroy him. Best of luck, Tyler. May you make the right call.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This is very sad, Eifert has to do what's best for his quality of life . It really is a shame as I like many others felt he could have been a special player .
Reply/Quote
I dont know which position is rougher on NFL players TE or RB.

If surgery is an option on the back i dont see how he plays again this year.

Time to at least put him on IR and use the spot on a healthy body. Maybe after 8 weeks he heals up. Either way time to bite the bullet and make a roster move
Reply/Quote
Trade him!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Remember when myself and some others said the Bengals should have drafted a TE in the 1st because Eifert couldn’t stay healthy, yet others said no because Eifert is such a stud? Yea....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 06:49 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Trade him!!!!!!!

Uhh no one would take him. He hits FA after this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Jim O says they should know sometime tomorrow the plan going forward

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote