• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Eli Apple re-signs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:03 PM)pally Wrote:

Yes!

You're full of good news today, Pally!
Reply/Quote
I'm good with it IF: he's finally found some consistency in his career. He's struggled with that to say the least.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
only bafoons would be mad about this signing
Reply/Quote
It’s good value compared to play, I think we still draft someone to compete long term.
Reply/Quote
That take immidiAte need away for 2022. Nice signing.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm good with it IF: he's finally found some consistency in his career. He's struggled with that to say the least.

I think being CB 3 or 4 will help compared to 1b. Overall he played well given what he was asked to do. 
Reply/Quote
Good signing people hated on Apple last year but he played like a CB2 at times and he’s cheap. And yes he gave up a TD in the super bowl against the best receiver in the league 1 on 1. The Bengals can attack CB in the draft Apple can bridge the gap.
Reply/Quote
Nice. I like it at that price. I'd still be good with picking a CB in the first 2 rounds to compete for PT.
Reply/Quote
Got to mean the end for Waynes
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Got to mean the end for Waynes

Who ?
Reply/Quote
Returning all 11 starters on defense + our top Backup DT is a nice start to free agency .
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Got to mean the end for Waynes

All the more reason to like the move.  Eli knows the system but still has to prove himself on a 1 yr deal at a nice price.  
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:03 PM)pally Wrote:

Good signing for the money.  He's a serviceable starter and opens up the draft board but doesn't stop them from drafting a CB high or signing a quality vet.
Reply/Quote
Good. In the last several hours the Bengals have locked up players at a positions when there were concerns if there would be holes to fill. Apple isn't the best by any means but it gives the Bengals some breathing room.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Glad to have him back. It would have been a bad move for him to leave. 4 mil and he gets to keep reviving his career.
Reply/Quote
His play on the field was ok. I wish he'd get rid of twitter.
Reply/Quote
I remember the TD ball during the SB and people complaining. I honestly have looked at that play and really didn't see how he could have defended it any better. Good signing.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Glad to have him back. It would have been a bad move for him to leave. 4 mil and he gets to keep reviving his carTwitter.

He seems like the most hated Bengals by other teams. I doubt there was much interest.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:13 PM)J24 Wrote: Returning  all 11 starters on defense + our top Backup  DT is a nice  start to free agency .

Guess they can count us out for upgrading at CB#1.  No more Gilmore talk.
Reply/Quote