Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough crying, what’s the Chase-less gameplan YOUD adopt? X’s and O’s
1st thing I’d do is sign or trade for a fast guy that does nothing but deep routes. Idk if one is even available just speaking in a perfect world. You won’t be able to replicate Chase. But we CAN IMITATE Chase as best as we can by getting a fast guy that defenses will at least have to THINK about guarding. We’ve gotten used to those safeties staying deep so everything we can do to encourage those safeties to stay deep we should do.

2nd is create a whole gameplan for Tyler Boyd. He was already eating prior to Chases injury but now we kiNDA NEED him to eat so all this week I’d be focusing on Boyd. He’s proven he can be a number 1 we just need to focus on him. It’s hard to take a slot out the game.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Big games coming for Tee, and maybe now we trade for a WR to help
Reply/Quote
I think DeSean Jackson could fit what we need. He's 35 and I doubt he can stay healthy for long but he could give us a deep threat for hopefully long enough. Another guy I'd be curious about is Marvin Jones. He's not used a ton by Jacksonville so they may be willing to part with him for a late pick.
Reply/Quote
Remember the old days when we always seemed to have a WR on the bench that were were sure could be the next Jerry Rice? We don't have one of those these days?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Remember the old days when we always seemed to have a WR on the bench that were were sure could be the next Jerry Rice?  We don't have one of those these days?

We'd be set if we just had....Auden Tate
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:11 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think DeSean Jackson could fit what we need. He's 35 and I doubt he can stay healthy for long but he could give us a deep threat for hopefully long enough. Another guy I'd be curious about is Marvin Jones. He's not used a ton by Jacksonville so they may be willing to part with him for a late pick.

He signed with the Ravens last week.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: We'd be set if we just had....Auden Tate

Armon Binns, Rashaun Simonize....some other guys with names that elude me.  We always had these possible HOF WRs on the bench stuck behind lame-butt vets like Brandon LaFell and Cody Core.  No fair.

Another flop narrative of the old days was that our #1 WR being out could be a blessing in disguise because now it will force our QB to spread the ball around more.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He signed with the Ravens last week.

Okay I think I remember that now. I saw he was saying he still wanted to play. I thought he would be the cheapest most realistic option. Man I hope we make a move as our season may be on the brink. I more so hope chase gets back to 100 percent.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:19 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Okay I think I remember that now. I saw he was saying he still wanted to play. I thought he would be the cheapest most realistic option. Man I hope we make a move as our season may be on the brink. I more so hope chase gets back to 100 percent.

I'd sure feel a whole lot better about all of this if Higgins didn't already have a concussion this year AND a balky ankle.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd sure feel a whole lot better about all of this if Higgins didn't already have a concussion this year AND a balky ankle.

Yes and or our run game was chugging along a little better than it has been. Chase basically is our big plays. He lifts the whole team when he makes plays it feels like.
Reply/Quote
MIght be a good time to actually start using Evans in the passing game the way it was talked about by the coaching staff during the off season.
Reply/Quote
Sign Will Fuller or trade for Bourne. Get the run game going. We won the first game vs the Raiders because of it. If we can use it to beat the Browns and Panthers we are right on track. Get Hurst more involved and find ways to get Evans the rock. He can be a playmaker. Win the next 3 and hopefully a miracle happens and we get #1 back for the Titans.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:00 PM)Housh Wrote: 1st thing I’d do is sign or trade for a fast guy that does nothing but deep routes. Idk if one is even available just speaking in a perfect world. You won’t be able to replicate Chase. But we CAN IMITATE Chase as best as we can by getting a fast guy that defenses will at least have to THINK about guarding. We’ve gotten used to those safeties staying deep so everything we can do to encourage those safeties to stay deep we should do.

2nd is create a whole gameplan for Tyler Boyd. He was already eating prior to Chases injury but now we kiNDA NEED him to eat so all this week I’d be focusing on Boyd. He’s proven he can be a number 1 we just need to focus on him. It’s hard to take a slot out the game.

Kendric Pryor ran a 4.37, knows the play book (more then anyone else would) and would be available for cheap. Maybe they go with someone more known but it's something. 
Reply/Quote
Mixon HAS to step up now more than ever. But we will see what we really have at the WR position.
We could go double TE set or even just the plain Pro Set with a combo 2-of-3 Evans/Mixon/Perine.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:33 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Mixon HAS to step up now more than ever. But we will see what we really have at the WR position.
We could go double TE set or even just the plain Pro Set with a combo 2-of-3 Evans/Mixon/Perine.

What I was going to say. There's no excuses that gives you a W in the win column. Our #2 and #3 Wrs are not bums, nor is our TE and QB. Plenty of winning going on in the league on teams without an elite QB/WR combo. Un-F yourself Mixon. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:40 PM)Destro Wrote: What I was going to say. There's no excuses that gives you a W in the win column. Our #2 and #3 Wrs are not bums, nor is our TE and QB. Plenty of winning going on in the league on teams without an elite QB/WR combo. Un-F yourself Mixon. 

Exactly. I’m as bummed as the next guy, but if you think you have a top 5 QB, he should be able to win with less than the best trio.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I think Boyd eats but I think Higgins has some BIG plays!

I also PRAY that we let Mixon carry the load and the team on his back! LET THE BIG DOG EAT!

Dominating teams on the ground will do a lot for team morale and for controlling the game!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:11 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think DeSean Jackson could fit what we need. He's 35 and I doubt he can stay healthy for long but he could give us a deep threat for hopefully long enough. Another guy I'd be curious about is Marvin Jones. He's not used a ton by Jacksonville so they may be willing to part with him for a late pick.

Desean is on the Ravens and he's washed
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Exactly. I’m as bummed as the next guy, but if you think you have a top 5 QB, he should be able to win with less than the best trio.

Yup. It was inevitable that this would happen at some point- whether because of injury, free agency or whatever.  As much as I want to say we need to find another X, it's on Burrow to make up the difference as much as it is on anyone else. And I have confidence in him. But it's something he's never had to do before.   
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:30 PM)TheFan Wrote: Kendric Pryor ran a 4.37, knows the play book (more then anyone else would) and would be available for cheap. Maybe they go with someone more known but it's something. 

Why not? The Jaguars pick up a draft pick for someone who was an UDFA and wasn't playing. The Bengals gain someone who had been with the team earlier this season.
Reply/Quote