Poll: Does anyone get benched? If so what is the move?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Epic win! But do we make a switch on the OL?
Jonah looked like he was getting abused, too. He's not a bad player, but I'd think really hard before giving him a long term LT contract. I'd rather shell out for a top FA option this year with the intent on letting Jonah walk, then move him to the right side or even inside.

Tackles make huge money, but Jonah won't be cheap to re-sign either. I'd rather see them pay for a bona fide top tackle at 4-5 million over what Jonah will get than pay a guy like him 15-16 mil long term.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:34 AM)Destro Wrote: Thought he was released.

Re-signed him.

(01-23-2022, 11:49 AM)samhain Wrote: Jonah looked like he was getting abused, too. He's not a bad player, but I'd think really hard before giving him a long term LT contract. I'd rather shell out for a top FA option this year with the intent on letting Jonah walk, then move him to the right side or even inside.

Tackles make huge money, but Jonah won't be cheap to re-sign either. I'd rather see them pay for a bona fide top tackle at 4-5 million over what Jonah will get than pay a guy like him 15-16 mil long term.

We have another year to evaluate Jonah before we have to make a decision on his next contract, but I assure you there will be one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Landry is a free agent this year.

We should sign him, to prevent Joe getting killed next year when we face them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Can someone explain how we can somewhat deal with the D-lines Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, San Fran, and Green Bay, then give up so many freaking sacks to the Titans? Are they that much better than all the others?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:16 PM)MrHinkyDink Wrote: Can someone explain how we can somewhat deal with the D-lines Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, San Fran, and Green Bay, then give up so many freaking sacks to the Titans? Are they that much better than all the others?

A lot of the Titans pass rush came from the interior yesterday. They really exploited Adeniji all game. Most of those other teams you listed it’s the guys off the edge blowing up plays. But when the pressure comes right up the gut like that it’s nearly impossible to escape since Burrow couldn’t step up. And it makes it easier for their DE’s for that same reason.

Reply/Quote
We similarly struggled with Chris Jones when we played KC. Although obviously not to this extent.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:16 PM)MrHinkyDink Wrote: Can someone explain how we can somewhat deal with the D-lines Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, San Fran, and Green Bay, then give up so many freaking sacks to the Titans? Are they that much better than all the others?

Titans has one of the most complete defensive lines in the NFL. They don't have a known "superstar" like Myles Garrett or TJ Watt (Jeffery Simmons is on his way there) they a great 4 man front.

Titans figured out early Hakeem Adeniji is not good in pass protection and created 1 on 1 opportunities for Jeffery Simmons.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:31 AM)Synric Wrote: PFF is wrong here Isaiah Prince allowed a mental sack early when he left the OLB Harold Landry an lane inside. 

How do you know what the blocking assignment was? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Jeffrey Simmons.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:57 AM)Weazzel80 Wrote: While Carman might be more likely to have mental mistakes, he might match up better against really powerful D-lineman which is probably what we are facing when this deep in the playoffs.

Might as well throw carman out there but he’s been bad bad too. He was wayyyy over selected and it’s been showing all year. Smh. We need to spend money in FA on proven talent up front. Can’t go into the draft wanted to fix the oline there. Bengals swing and miss time and time again with olineman. They canT scout em to save their lives. Go buy some big body guards for burrow that have proven to be beasts in this league. No more fingers crossed projects imo.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure I would be an upgrade over Adenji, and I am in my 40s coming off a bm transplant last summer.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How do you know what the blocking assignment was? 

It was his. He thought the RB was to the right and the RB was to the left. He has to know that. That’s on him
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:27 PM)Housh Wrote: It was his. He thought the RB was to the right and the RB was to the left. He has to know that. That’s on him

Could it be the RB was in the wrong spot? It's probably easier for the RB to look forward than it is the OT to look behind him.

I'm just going by what Laps said on the broadcast. Isiah expected help to be behind him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote