Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy football forum
Need some help big time folks. PPR league. I'm in a tight spot with some bad matchups and middling players. I need any combination of 3 out of these 6: Marvin Jones(ugh) Rishard Matthews(Denver) Dion Lewis(timeshare) Taylor Gabriel(looking like he's in with Sanu out and Julio Banged up) Vernon Davis(depending on Reeds status) Justin Forsett(giant question mark).

Or I could pick up Burkhead and get ALL the Bengals rb points because I have Hill. If our run blocking wasn't trash I'd probably make this move.

Waiver wire possibilities: Ginn, Robbie Anderson

I already feel like I'm in the hole because of what Amari Cooper didn't do on Thursday.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 10:01 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Need some help big time folks. PPR league. I'm in a tight spot with some bad matchups and middling players. I need any combination of 3 out of these 6: Marvin Jones(ugh) Rishard Matthews(Denver) Dion Lewis(timeshare) Taylor Gabriel(looking like he's in with Sanu out and Julio Banged up) Vernon Davis(depending on Reeds status) Justin Forsett(giant question mark).

Or I could pick up Burkhead and get ALL the Bengals rb points because I have Hill. If our run blocking wasn't trash I'd probably make this move.

Waiver wire possibilities: Ginn, Robbie Anderson

I already feel like I'm in the hole because of what Amari Cooper didn't do on Thursday.
Ouch...

I'd probably go Gabriel, pickup Ginn (he's been pretty good of late), and either Matthews or Burkhead. I hope your playoffs don't start til next week like mine do.

Cooper along with Spencer Ware and Cairo Santos killed me the other night too. Did you hear that the ball he missed on that wide open 70 yrd TD probably hit the camera wire? That's 14 points we lost right there... My team sucks without AJ Green.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 07:11 PM)jason Wrote: Ouch...

I'd probably go Gabriel, pickup Ginn (he's been pretty good of late), and either Matthews or Burkhead. I hope your playoffs don't start til next week like mine do.

Cooper along with Spencer Ware and Cairo Santos killed me the other night too. Did you hear that the ball he missed on that wide open 70 yrd TD probably hit the camera wire? That's 14 points we lost right there... My team sucks without AJ Green.

I heard that about the wire. That's the only thing logical to explain why that play was so odd. I have to hit the nuts with my big 3 (Brees OBJ and Zeke) or it could be curtains.

This is playoff week 1 in this league.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 07:21 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I heard that about the wire. That's the only thing logical to explain why that play was so odd. I have to hit the nuts with my big 3 (Brees OBJ and Zeke) or it could be curtains.

This is playoff week 1 in this league.
At least you've got them. My team looked really good on paper early, but I drafted two of the biggest busts in Allen Robinson (who I've only started once in like 8 weeks or so), and Jarvis Landry.

I've got good QBs (Wilson, Mariota, and picked up Rivers for the playoffs), but Green was the only real stud I had. I've got that Tyrell Williams, picked up Emanuel Sanders, and I'm rolling that Malcolm Mitchell out this week. If I lose this week I can fall from 3rd to 5th, and have to go thru all of the best teams in the playoffs. AJ's gotta get healthy, or I'm done.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I drafted Landry in another league as well. Dud. Tyrell is money. Have him too. If the Seahawks turn it on like it looks like they will Wilson could be a league winner.
Reply/Quote
Drew Brees is dead to me.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:38 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Drew Brees is dead to me.
I have 3 QBs. Only Phillip Rivers (who I started) cleared double digits... And he had 5 turnovers.

I'm one and done for sure next week.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:51 PM)jason Wrote: I have 3 QBs. Only Phillip Rivers (who I started) cleared double digits... And he had 5 turnovers.

I'm one and done for sure next week.

I wish I had a chance to be one and done next week. I need 63 points out of OBJ, Zeke, and Dion Lewis.

If Drew Brees would've picked a different time to go on a two game td drought, things would be looking up.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 10:11 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I wish I had a chance to be one and done next week. I need 63 points out of OBJ, Zeke, and Dion Lewis.

If Drew Brees would've picked a different time to go on a two game td drought, things would be looking up.
I'm actively rooting for an early injury to Dez Bryant... Guy seems like a prick anyway. Just some turf toe or something... Nothing serious. If he's shut down, I have a chance to win this week.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So I was 4-7 and out of play-offs....No Quit and I finished 6-7.....I'll take that for my first year of Fantasy Football....I got killed in the draft....My top picks were Russell Wilson and Brandon Marshall and they sucked this year.....I now see why people loaded up on running backs early. Good running backs are hard to find....Over the course of a season you can easily add free agent receivers, tight ends, quarterback, defenses, kickers as they get hot.....but trying to add running backs is impossible because these Fantasy Teams load up with all the good ones. You almost never see a good free agent RB....So in the draft, you have to get your stable of RBs early. I see that now. It may be a passing NFL, but that only makes good RBs that much fewer. Good RBs on teams that run the ball are huge. Bell for Pittsburg or Elliott for Dallas good examples. I can see why those are the players you go for in the first few rounds. Once they get drafted, you never see them again in free agency.

Now Fantasy Baseball, top pitching is good for large points all season. I would always take top pitching at the top. You just get so many points for good pitched games. Great pitching means points. That is why in Football I assumed QB, but I was wrong. In football you gave to grab RBs early.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Missed the championship round of the playoffs in one of my leagues by .46th of a point in week 8. 

9-5 and in the consolation round. 

Super sweet... Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Derek Carr vs San Diego coming off of a really bad game

or

Tom Brady vs Broncos coming off of a really great game but Denver has made Brady look bad the last 2 outings.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 08:59 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Derek Carr vs San Diego coming off of a really bad game

or

Tom Brady vs Broncos coming off of a really great game but Denver has made Brady look bad the last 2 outings.
I'd lean Brady. That dislocated finger is obviously ***** with Carr. He was having all kinds of trouble putting touch on his passes. I'm really not all that stoked about starting Amari Cooper this week, but AJ is doubtful.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Last minute help!!!!
Ryan QB
Evans,Hilton WR bench Cameron Meredith,Taylor Gabriel, Michael Thomas
Fiedoriwicz TE (or Graham on bench)
RB's: Howard, Gurley,Hyde, Ajayi, Farrow

I have Howard and Gurley starting right now, with Hyde in the flex, but if anybody has any hot tips or better ideas, I'm listening!! WR's can be flexed as well, but it looks like RB's are best bet...but which ones?? Thanks for any help!! Robbie
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 01:47 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Last minute help!!!!
Ryan QB
Evans,Hilton WR bench Cameron Meredith,Taylor Gabriel, Michael Thomas
Fiedoriwicz TE (or Graham on bench)
RB's: Howard, Gurley,Hyde, Ajayi, Farrow

I have Howard and Gurley starting right now, with Hyde in the flex, but if anybody has any hot tips or better ideas, I'm listening!! WR's can be flexed as well, but it looks like RB's are best bet...but which ones?? Thanks for any help!! Robbie

Definitely use a rb in the flex. Gurley and Howard, keep em locked in. The other 3 are tough to rank but I'd take any of em over your bench WRs. I'm also counting on CJ (aka our shitty Bengals against TE) to get me the W.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 01:56 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Definitely use a rb in the flex. Gurley and Howard, keep em locked in. The other 3 are tough to rank but I'd take any of em over your bench WRs. I'm also counting on CJ (aka our shitty Bengals against TE) to get me the W.

Thanks, I guess the real question would be Carlos Hyde (who is most of 49ers offense) or Ajayi (who hit214 yards and 27.60 FFP against the Bills when Dolphins were at home) Gurley, Hyde, and Ajayi haven't done much lately but surely the Bills and a beleagured Ryan would gameplan to stop him?...or not.) My luck Farrow has a coming out party against the Browns,lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 02:03 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Thanks, I guess the real question would be Carlos Hyde (who is most of 49ers offense) or Ajayi (who hit214 yards and 27.60 FFP against the Bills when Dolphins were at home) Gurley, Hyde, and Ajayi haven't done much lately but surely the Bills and a beleagured Ryan would gameplan to stop him?...or not.) My luck Farrow has a coming out party against the Browns,lol.

I'm benching Farrow and TY Williams for Davante Adams and D Hopkins and I'm terrified.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 02:14 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'm benching Farrow and TY Williams for Davante Adams and D Hopkins and I'm terrified.

IF Hopkins is ever going to show up for a game, this should be the one! I don't think Farrow is all that good anyway, but it IS the Browns. I think Williams is still hurt to some extent. Losing Melvin Gordon hurt me, not sure how the hell I got all those RB's, but Howard was one heckuva waver wire pickup! The other guy has Hill, not sure if I dropped him in this league or another one, but hopefully (for fantasy sake) he continues his mediocrity until next year. Kinda counting on the Bengals to make CJ into a superstar this week.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 02:33 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: IF Hopkins is ever going to show up for a game, this should be the one! I don't think Farrow is all that good anyway, but it IS the Browns. I think Williams is still hurt to some extent. Losing Melvin Gordon hurt me, not sure how the hell I got all those RB's, but Howard was one heckuva waver wire pickup! The other guy has Hill, not sure if I dropped him in this league or another one, but hopefully (for fantasy sake) he continues his mediocrity until next year. Kinda counting on the Bengals to make CJ into a superstar this week.

If Melvin Gordon was playing I'd already have the cork popped. I'd have Julio, D Adams, David Johnson, Zeke, Melvin Gordon all in.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 02:37 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If Melvin Gordon was playing I'd already have the cork popped. I'd have Julio, D Adams, David Johnson, Zeke, Melvin Gordon all in.

I guess so! I guess there's a reason why RB's go first. I had Peterson and Charles on one team, and that didn't turn out so good, I didn't even think this was my best team, and they're 12-2 going into today. Good luck and Happy Holidays!!
Reply/Quote