Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those that Ha ha'd
(02-04-2019, 09:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No doubt twitter users criticizing Melania's twitter post is worse than Melania saying that a journalist provoked people into sending that journalist antisemitic death threats for reporting on Melania's family...

It's hard to believe that the internet, filled with people from all walks of life and all over the world, has some idiots on it.

It's harder to believe that FLOTUS wouldn't speak up against death threats.

Well, maybe not.  "I don't really care.  Do you?"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-04-2019, 10:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: It's hard to believe that the internet, filled with people from all walks of life and all over the world, has some idiots on it.

It's harder to believe that FLOTUS wouldn't speak up against death threats.

Well, maybe not.  "I don't really care.  Do you?"

I think the fact that she said "maybe went too far" is the worst part of it all. There's no maybe. Antisemitism in all forms is "too far". Any death threat period is "too far". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-04-2019, 10:06 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think the fact that she said "maybe went to far" is the worst part of it all. There's no maybe. Antisemitism is all forms "is too far". Any death threat period "is too far". 

Well maybe it gets lost in the translation?  I know she speaks five languages but maybe all of those languages don't like Jewish people?  Ninja

All seriousness aside I'm sure random strangers saying she isn't doing enough to stop bullying is much worse.  And I'm sure someone will be a long to tell us just that.  Mellow
(02-04-2019, 09:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No doubt twitter users criticizing Melania's twitter post is worse than Melania saying that a journalist provoked people into sending that journalist antisemitic death threats for reporting on Melania's family...

No doubt many will use the "two wrongs" fallacy to excuse their venom. And there will always be likeminded that support their propensity to do so.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-04-2019, 03:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt many will use the "two wrongs" fallacy to excuse their venom. And there will always be likeminded that support their propensity to do so.

What venom did I spread here? 

(02-04-2019, 07:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What venom did I spread here? 

I simply quoted you to illustrate how some folks will point to what FLOTUS does/doesn't to excuse thier desire to slur her. Like some will bring up something she did as "worse" to excuse thier rancor. 

Of course you'd neverdo any such thing, but you know hte type. Don't you? 

(02-04-2019, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I simply quoted you to illustrate how some folks will point to what FLOTUS does/doesn't to excuse thier desire to slur her. Like some will bring up something she did as "worse" to excuse thier rancor. 

Of course you'd neverdo any such thing, but you know hte type. Don't you? 

Highlighting the fact that her justifying antisemitism and death threats is a direct contradiction of her "be best" campaign is not "a desire to slur her". The fact that you are trying to characterize any legitimate criticism of her hypocrisy and refusal to explicitly disavow such heinous, criminal behavior as "rancor" is what makes this thread so silly. 

(02-04-2019, 11:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Highlighting the fact that her justifying antisemitism and death threats is a direct contradiction of her "be best" campaign is not "a desire to slur her". The fact that you are trying to characterize any legitimate criticism of her hypocrisy and refusal to explicitly disavow such heinous, criminal behavior as "rancor" is what makes this thread so silly. 

Her be best campaign is focused on children. The post you replied to was in response to her desire to focus on diversity during BHM. Your "highlighting" something completely irrelevant to simply throw shade; is what makes this thread so profound. 

(02-04-2019, 11:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Her be best campaign is focused on children. The post you replied to was in response to her desire to focus on diversity during BHM. Your "highlighting" something completely irrelevant to simply throw shade; is what makes this thread so profound. 

"Yuck it up" was 100% directed at Dino and myself for having the audacity to criticize her justification of the death threats. Own your bullshit.

(02-05-2019, 01:38 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: "Yuck it up" was 100% directed at Dino and myself for having the audacity to criticize her justification of the death threats. Own your bullshit.

Your "audacity" (2funny) You really don't need me in the discussion do you?

But I quoted no one, nor refered to any specfic event when I stated yuck it up. Just an overall comment to those that can excuse their absolute disdain by "blaming" the person they choose to slur.

No one is going to deny your right to hate and many around here will applaud it; but "own your bullshit" 

(02-05-2019, 02:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Just an overall comment to those that can excuse their absolute disdain by "blaming" the person they choose to slur.

Like the people who have to excuse their disdain for Hitler in order to slur him for killing millions of Jews?

In the world of Trump sycophants it is impossible tom actually find fault with anything Trump and/or his family does.  Any criticism of anything they do is based on unfounded hatred instead of any disagreement with anythiung they ever do.  Bfine is a perfect example of the People Donald was talking about when he said he could shoot a man on the street and his base would defend him.  If Donald shot someone and we criticized it for it we would just be "slurring" him out of hatred instead of criticizing something he did wrong.

Melania Trump is a huge hypocrit for claimng to be against bullying but then justifying death threats.
(02-05-2019, 02:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Your "audacity" (2funny) You really don't need me in the discussion do you?

But I quoted no one, nor refered to any specfic event when I stated yuck it up. Just an overall comment to those that can excuse their absolute disdain by "blaming" the person they choose to slur.

No one is going to deny your right to hate and many around here will applaud it; but "own your bullshit" 

Who, on this board, "slurred" (2funny) the FLOTUS?

Unless you mean posting what she actually said and did and how it is hypocritical to her public program to end bullying?
(02-05-2019, 09:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Like the people who have to excuse their disdain for Hitler in order to slur him for killing millions of Jews?

In the world of Trump sycophants it is impossible tom actually find fault with anything Trump and/or his family does.  Any criticism of anything they do is based on unfounded hatred instead of any disagreement with anythiung they ever do.  Bfine is a perfect example of the People Donald was talking about when he said he could shoot a man on the street and his base would defend him.  If Donald shot someone and we criticized it for it we would just be "slurring" him out of hatred instead of criticizing something he did wrong.

Melania Trump is a huge hypocrit for claimng to be against bullying but then justifying death threats.

Your once again telling me who I am and the usual reference to Hitler aside:

Of course it's OK to criticize bad things folks do. The problem comes when folks criticize the good things. For instance in this thread folks are bringing up something from 3 years ago, before she was FLOTUS, to shame her for posting a message about diversity during BHM.

Here's her statment for justifying death threats:

“I don’t control my fans,” Melania said in an interview with DuJour. “But I don’t agree with what they’re doing. I understand what you mean, but there are people out there who maybe went too far. She provoked them."

But as I've told the others no one is going to take away your right to hate. Just don't balk when I bring up the flawed reasoning (2 wrongs make a right) others use to sooth their cognitive disonnance. 

(02-05-2019, 11:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Your once again telling me who I am and the usual reference to Hitler aside:

Of course it's OK to criticize bad things folks do. The problem comes when folks criticize the good things. For instance in this thread folks are bringing up something from 3 years ago, before she was FLOTUS, to shame her for posting a message about diversity during BHM.

Here's her statment for justifying death threats:

I don’t control my fans,” Melania said in an interview with DuJour. “But I don’t agree with what they’re doing. I understand what you mean, but there are people out there who maybe went too far. She provoked them."

But as I've told the others no one is going to take away your right to hate. Just don't balk when I bring up the flawed reasoning (2 wrongs make a right) others use to sooth their cognitive disonnance. 

It's not hate to quote her and say it's wrong.
(02-04-2019, 03:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt many will use the "two wrongs" fallacy to excuse their venom. And there will always be likeminded that support their propensity to do so.

(02-05-2019, 09:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: Who, on this board, "slurred" (2funny) the FLOTUS?

Unless you mean posting what she actually said and did and how it is hypocritical to her public program to end bullying?

Well, Pat did when he made fun of here condeming the death threats or maybe folks just fall into the "support" category.

And once again the sudject that caused the "highlighting" of her "justifying" death threats has 0 to do with the tweet she shared about supporting BHM. Some folks just need a reason to hate.  

(02-05-2019, 02:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Your "audacity" (2funny) You really don't need me in the discussion do you?

Grow up. You directed that at the posts that Dino and I made. 

Quote:No one is going to deny your right to hate and many around here will applaud it; but "own your bullshit" 

Cite my "hate". 

(02-05-2019, 11:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, Pat did when he made fun of here condeming the death threats or maybe folks just fall into the "support" category.

And once again the sudject that caused the "highlighting" of her "justifying" death threats has 0 to do with the tweet she shared about supporting BHM. Some folks just need a reason to hate.  

So me being critical of her for blaming a victim of antisemitism and refusing to condemn death threats is "making fun of her", "hate", and "slurring". 

You've jumped the shark. You're officially in Lucie territory. You're disconnected from reality and not worth engaging with if you honestly believe that me condemning callous behavior towards death threats is any of those things that you described it as.

(02-05-2019, 11:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So me being critical of her for blaming a victim of antisemitism and refusing to condemn death threats is "making fun of her", "hate", and "slurring". 

You've jumped the shark. You're officially in Lucie territory. You're disconnected from reality and not worth engaging with if you honestly believe that me condemning callous behavior towards death threats is any of those things that you described it as.

She said she disagreed with them. I don't know how much condemnation you want. She further provided possible solutions on how we could avoid such things in the future.

Every time Michelle Obama speaks out against the way women are trreated/ talked about. Do you condemn those words because she hosted Rick Ross to the White House

(02-05-2019, 12:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: She said she disagreed with them. I don't know how much condemnation you want. She further provided possible solutions on how we could avoid such things in the future.

She said the jewish person provoked people into making anti semitic threats.

And to you that is a "possible solution" on how to avoid it.

You used to be funny.  That's just sad.

(02-05-2019, 12:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Every time Michelle Obama speaks out against the way women are trreated/ talked about. Do you condemn those words because she hosted Rick Ross to the White House

Whatabout! Cool
(02-05-2019, 11:32 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Grow up. You directed that at the posts that Dino and I made. 

Cite my "hate". 

I directed that post to everyone that suggests FLOTUS has no right to feel bullied; as I cited no one. No doubt you and Dino fall into that category, but so do a great many people. Believe it or not if I want to speak with someone directly I will quote them or call them by name

As I said perhaps you just fall into the category of those that support the hate. Of course Melania prokes them so it's OK. At least Meleania stated she disagreed with the actions/words.