Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive"
(09-26-2017, 11:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: President Trump has authorized Federal assistance to Puerto Rico. Are there really folks monitoring how often he has tweeted about it?

Link?

The updates I'm getting is just that FEMA is responding, not anything about Trump.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-26-2017, 11:50 AM)Benton Wrote: Link?

The updates I'm getting is just that FEMA is responding, not anything about Trump.

Wouldn't FEMA have to be authorized by Trump? I mean, that is the federal assistance...
(09-26-2017, 11:50 AM)Benton Wrote: Link?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/09/21/president-donald-j-trump-approves-puerto-rico-disaster-declaration
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-26-2017, 11:59 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Wouldn't FEMA have to be authorized by Trump? I mean, that is the federal assistance...

Perhaps just unaware what the F stands for in FEMA

(09-26-2017, 11:59 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Wouldn't FEMA have to be authorized by Trump? I mean, that is the federal assistance...

Aid does, assessment does not. At least that's the way it used to be. He can authorize up to a certain amount ($5 million?) without congressional approval. Which should be covered under the link below. So far, all I have read about is assessors there, not any assistance.

(09-26-2017, 12:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/09/21/president-donald-j-trump-approves-puerto-rico-disaster-declaration

(09-26-2017, 12:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps just unaware what the F stands for in FEMA

Here's a big virtual hug for you, hope your day gets better.  ThumbsUp
(09-26-2017, 11:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: President Trump has authorized Federal assistance to Puerto Rico. Are there really folks monitoring how often he has tweeted about it?

Yes. 3 million Americans were affected by a devastating storm and he went days without mentioning it, instead focusing on sports.

Historically, people have tended to follow the President's words and actions in office...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-26-2017, 12:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yes. 3 million Americans were affected by a devastating storm and he went days without mentioning it, instead focusing on sports.

Historically, people have tended to follow the President's words and actions in office...

No doubt. It just seems some are a lot more focused on the words than the actions. 

(09-26-2017, 12:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. It just seems some are a lot more focused on the words than the actions. 

There weren't any actions during the silence...

I get that the federal government is NOW responding, which is awesome even if it comes after criticism for not doing or saying anything. Maybe it could have come a little earlier at the expense of time spent electioneering in Alabama and complaining about football?

FEMA isn't needed.

This should be a regional response.

Yes the people need help but whether FEMA is there or not is irrelevant.
(09-26-2017, 01:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: FEMA isn't needed.  

This should be a regional response.  

Yes the people need help but whether FEMA is there or not is irrelevant.

They're on an island. Who are they going to call, Aquaman?
(09-26-2017, 03:36 PM)Benton Wrote: They're on an island. Who are they going to call, Aquaman?

They should just move.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Trump broke in during the last five minutes of Days of Our Lives today, that mother ******!!!
This guy just pisses me off!

Do you all really understand how totally messed up you are?

This is ridiculous. 
(09-26-2017, 12:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There weren't any actions during the silence...

I get that the federal government is NOW responding, which is awesome even if it comes after criticism for not doing or saying anything. Maybe it could have come a little earlier at the expense of time spent electioneering in Alabama and complaining about football?

Seems the first time he took action in regards to PR and the Natural Disasters was Sept. 5th. When did he complain about football in Alabama. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-26-2017, 06:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems the first time he took action in regards to PR and the Natural Disasters was Sept. 5th. When did he complain about football in Alabama. 

Edited to remove snark.

You're referring to Irma, not Maria, and that's a rubber stamping of a governor's request that FEMA assess whether or not they can get FEMA assistance. It's standard practice for all areas where a hurricane will affect (just use the search function on the White House's website and you'll see one for every gulf and east coast state) and doesn't do anything to immediately address any of the needs of the actual damage, especially in the extreme case of Maria.

(09-26-2017, 10:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Edited to remove snark.

You're referring to Irma, not Maria, and that's a rubber stamping of a governor's request that FEMA assess whether or not they can get FEMA assistance. It's standard practice for all areas where a hurricane will affect (just use the search function on the White House's website and you'll see one for every gulf and east coast state) and doesn't do anything to immediately address any of the needs of the actual damage, especially in the extreme case of Maria.

Okey Dokey.