Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
He will play!!!
(02-26-2020, 01:37 PM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: All Joe had to say was "Yeah, I wouldn't mind playing for the Bengals. I wouldn't mind playing any team that drafts me #1. I just want to play football" a month ago and we wouldn't be having this conversation.  The 'leverage' comment was weird and his defense of it today made no sense.  

Have you been able to find any video or an interview quote with the question that led to the leverage comment? I haven’t, which I also think is weird. Usually the question that led to a comment like that is explained. If the question was, “do you want to play for the Bengals” and he answered about leverage, then yes, that’s weird and concerning. If the question was, “do you feel you have any leverage during this process” then the leverage comment isn’t weird. It’s specifically addressing the question. Who is possibly going to say, “no, I have zero leverage in this whole thing. I’m stuck with whatever happens to me.” That comment probably gets picked apart more than his original answer.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 01:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He mostly works with kids coming out of college before they’re drafted. Putting down the Bengals would not affect his business.

He did work with a lot of NFL guys when Burrow was working out with him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 11:05 AM)pally Wrote: "I will play for whoever drafts me"  Of course I want to be the first pick.  He also said it would be cool to be able to drive home (meaning Athens) for dinner

(02-25-2020, 11:19 AM)pally Wrote: He said he has not wanted to be presumptive that he was going to go #1 which is why he hasn't said anything.  But, he further pointed out that the "Joe won't play for the Bengals" narrative was entirely media-driven

Most everyone already knew this, just nice hearing it from Joe's mouth.

Anything the media says now a days should be questioned, it has become THAT bad.

If you don't question anything they say you are setting yourself up.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 02:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He did work with a lot of NFL guys when Burrow was working out with him.

Well, he mentioned working with kids in the interview. He said no one knew who Joe was when he first came out there lol

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 01:37 PM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: That was the first time. 

Nah... He's repeatedly said whoever drafts him and pays him is cool with him. He shouldn't have to get specific. He's not a Bengal yet. This team is run, and coached by buffoons. He'd look silly gushing over the Bengals only for them to go full on Brown's and Baker Mayfield, and draft Herbert or some dumb shit.

But he's said the word Bengals now though so all is well.

For what it's worth the guys on ESPN radio this morning did a tease before a commercial break asking what if we took Tua. The media isn't going to stop... But we can.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Pitcher sighting.

[Image: ER02r6-XUAAresV?format=jpg&name=large]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Lol, Pitcher looks a little creepy there...
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 04:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lol, Pitcher looks a little creepy there...

And Burrow looks like the Home Alone Culkin kid...
Reply/Quote
I’ll take Macaulay Culkin or Jim Brewer over the bully from A Christmas Story any day lol

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 03:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
[Image: flanders-gritando-gif-7.gif]

I’m beyond excited about this kid. Maybe more than I ever have been as a Bengals fan. There was a lot of hope when we took Palmer, but Burrow just feels different. I really do think he could be a franchise changing player for us.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 10:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And Burrow looks like the Home Alone Culkin kid...

(03-01-2020, 12:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll take Macaulay Culkin or Jim Brewer over the bully from A Christmas Story any day lol

Same lol

(03-01-2020, 03:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: flanders-gritando-gif-7.gif]

I’m beyond excited about this kid. Maybe more than I ever have been as a Bengals fan. There was a lot of hope when we took Palmer, but Burrow just feels different. I really do think he could be a franchise changing player for us.

I like the way Burrow carries himself much better than Palmer, this is not even speaking about his talent that is set up 
perfectly for how the NFL QB's of today have to play. He has the smarts, the quick release, the pocket awareness, the 
accuracy, the ability to throw Receivers open and most importantly the leadership aspect.

Don't think I have ever been this excited going into the Draft honestly.
Reply/Quote