Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
How about AJ McCarron
(01-18-2016, 12:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Trade-Andy-to-Browns-for-their-2-pick

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Dalton-McCarron-are-in-a-very-awkward-situation?highlight=mccarron

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-This-is-the-moment-when-AJ-McCarron-becomes-a-star?highlight=mccarron

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-AJ-McCarron-POSITIVE-THREAD?highlight=mccarron

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Impressed-with-McCarrons-Deep-Passes?highlight=mccarron

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-If-McCarron-wins-the-1st-playoff-game?highlight=mccarron

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-McCarron-will-go-off-Sunday?highlight=mccarron

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-AJ-McCarron-is-Better-than-Andy-Dalton?highlight=mccarron

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-AJ-McCarron-is-a-future-star?highlight=mccarron

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-McCarron-hype-gaining-steam?highlight=mccarron

Weren't most of these from the off season after the starting offense came down here to Tampa and looked like the same offense that played Cleveland last year? It think they were, at half were.

The trade for a 2nd pick had to be a joke.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:33 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Weren't most of these from the off season after the starting offense came down here to Tampa and looked like the same offense that played Cleveland last year? It think they were, at half were.

The "Hype gaining steam" and "future star" threads were from the preseason. The rest were from the regular season on forward.

Either way it doesn't matter. McCarron gets a lot of love on here. These threads aren't the half of it. 

The trade thread looked serious to me. If he was joking, he fooled pretty much everyone.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:33 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Weren't most of these from the off season after the starting offense came down here to Tampa and looked like the same offense that played Cleveland last year? It think they were, at half were.

All but two of those were created either just last December, or this month. So since McCarron started playing in games. There's a pretty decent sized contingent of McCarron/Alabama/SEC fans.. or maybe Dalton haters? Who knows. Either way, yeah.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 10:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So your argument is that 2-2, 13 yards (which is only 6.5 YPA, pretty poor) and another drive are the reason why he wasn't terrible?

So rather than 10/12, you're arguing for 8/12.. which last I checked, is still 66.6%, and still quite the majority.

Let me help you-

Completing 75% of passes for a 94+ QB rating in a rain game is not "terrible."

You don't understand that you stuck your nose into a rather simple argument where you aren't needed, and your attempts to reframe the debate demonstrate exactly what you think of AJM.

Royce said he was "terrible for the majority of the game."

If you think 75% completions with a 94 QB rating is "terrible," then you don't know squat about football.  Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers would be pleased with that little snippet of performance given the conditions of that game.

But to you it's "terrible" and to Royce it's "terrible" because you guys want to ride AJM's nutsack all over the internet and bash the guy.

I usually don't argue on the internet but this thread is a perfect example of how some fans aren't objective and they have their little petty agendas that they want to push, despite how stupid it makes them look in the process.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:41 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The "Hype gaining steam" and "future star" threads were from the preseason. The rest were from the regular season on forward.

Either way it doesn't matter. McCarron gets a lot of love on here. These threads aren't the half of it. 

The trade thread looked serious to me. If he was joking, he fooled pretty much everyone.

The "AJ McCarron is better than Andy Dalton" thread is a joke/troll thread.

But yeah totally an AJM lovefest thread.    Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 12:11 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I tend to also wonder why some try so hard to paint AJ's playoff game in a positive light. 

Could be because the kid had us in a position to win a playoff game in the first time in forever, while pressed into starting duty in shitty conditions against our most hated foe.

Where does his passer rating ranked when compared to Andy's 4 playoff games?

Not sure that is "trying so hard".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 02:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Could be because the kid had us in a position to win a playoff game in the first time in forever, while pressed into starting duty in shitty conditions against our most hated foe.

Not sure that is "trying so hard".

And if the other QB had the same performance and outcome he would be treated as such, no?

Of course not, because "we collectively" lowered our standards for AJ as the year went on, but Dalton, nah.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 02:17 AM)Stormborn Wrote: And if the other QB had the same performance and outcome he would be treated as such, no?

Of course not, because "we collectively" lowered our standards for AJ as the year went on, but Dalton, nah.

Where does AJ's playoff rating compare to Andy's 4?

Reply/Quote
58-111, 618 yards, 2TD 0INT, sacked 8x
54-83, 552 yards, 4TD 0INT, sacked 9x
47-78, 504 yards, 3TD 2INT, sacked 5x

First 3 NFL starts from 3 QBs - can anyone guess who they are?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 02:19 AM)BigSeph Wrote: 58-111, 618 yards, 2TD 0INT, sacked 8x

I'll say:

AJ is 2

Carson is 1

Andy is 3

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 02:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Where does AJ's playoff rating compare to Andy's 4?

Andy in 4 games: 57.8

AJ in 1 game: 68.3

I would call that the shiniest of 5 turds but that's truly none of my business.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 02:19 AM)BigSeph Wrote: 58-111, 618 yards, 2TD 0INT, sacked 8x

BigSeph, BiggerNarratives
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 02:42 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Andy in 4 games: 57.8

AJ in 1 game: 68.3

I would call that the shiniest of 5 turds but that's truly none of my business.

Now consider the weather condtions they played in.

You made it your business when you chimed in. 

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 02:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Now consider the weather condtions they played in.

You made it your business when you chimed in. 

I'm just gonna pretend Andy's most turnover filled game wasn't played in the rain against SD at home?

I don't want to do that. I just want to sip tea and be a frog muppet.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 02:48 AM)Stormborn Wrote: I'm just gonna pretend Andy's most turnover filled game wasn't played in the rain against SD at home?

I don't want to do that. I just want to sip tea and be a frog muppet.

Prentend all you want if you want to compare the SD game conditions to the Steelers'

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 03:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Prentend all you want if you want to compare the SD game conditions to the Steelers'

Seriously man, I'm not wasting my time comparing a wet ball to a more soaked ball. Andy doesn't get an excuse because he's the starter, AJ is raised as the rightful heir to the throne for some narrative driven reason and is backed by excuses Andy NEVER got from reputable sources.

They can't raise a guy up and not hold him accountable to the standards they set, that's all I'm mad about. This guy was supposed to take over this year, prove his worth, laugh in 31 other GMs faces for passing on him for 163 picks. He gets his chance and he does what we who know a thing or two thought he would, conpletleey limit the offense for four weeks.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 03:12 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Seriously man, I'm not wasting my time comparing a wet ball to a more soaked ball. Andy doesn't get an excuse because he's the starter, AJ is raised as the rightful heir to the throne for some narrative driven reason and is backed by excuses Andy NEVER got from reputable sources.

They can't raise a guy up and not hold him accountable to the standards they set, that's all I'm mad about. This guy was supposed to take over this year, prove his worth, laugh in 31 other GMs faces for passing on him for 163 picks. He gets his chance and he does what we who know a thing or two thought he would, conpletleey limit the offense for four weeks.

Did you just do cap lock, bold font, enlarged font, and underline all in just one word? Impressive.

Really have no idea what that has to do with folks trying to diminish AJ's performance.

No excuses for AJ, he kept us in the game until the end. 

But yeah, Andy is the future of this team

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 03:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you just do cap lock, bold font, enlarged font, and underline all in just one word? Impressive.

Really have no idea what that has to do with folks trying to diminish AJ's performance.

I try, maybe not enough. It's a habit.

I've yet to see someone diminish his performance, only people making it more than it was.

Didn't you just use the weather as an excuse for AJ's 68.3 QB rating performance? Whatever, it's late, I'll give you a pass.

Of course, you knew that, you're a smart individual with a functioning brain.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 03:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you just do cap lock, bold font, enlarged font, and underline all in just one word? Impressive.

AJ didn't keep us in the game until the end. he scored 0 points in the first 3 quarters. In fact the offense couldn't score ANY points until after Ben went down. When Jones came in he gave us amazing field position that gave us the ability to finally score points. McCarron had no hand in keeping the game close.
Reply/Quote
Best back up QB the bengals could ever have. Dalton is taking this team to the playoffs again, regardless of all the defensive coaches jumping ship.

AJM is a good QB but we have him under contract.

Dalton is finally the one.
Reply/Quote