Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about this WR corps?
(05-10-2016, 04:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I also like Alonzo Russell and Jake Kumerow. Big guys that can run fast with good hands.

Russell has been compared to AJ, if he can live up to just a little bit of this he should make the team.

Core has really been impressing at the rookie OTA's, same with Boyd but that is kind of expected with Boyd.

If Alford can show a bit of a Returner Tate is gone no question.

I also like Russel and pulling for him,I think he could be better then core.but he had some bad drops in his college career and dip in pproduction.he needs to work on catching.but I did hear the aj comparisons.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 11:04 AM)Benton Wrote: Where did they say this?

Its apparent when they have boyd going to the slot automatically,that leaves outside
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 05:44 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I also like Russel and pulling for him,I think he could be better then core.but he had some bad drops in his college career and dip in pproduction.he needs to work on catching.but I did hear the aj comparisons.

Both have tons of upside. Hands have been both Core and Russell's weakness and route running.

But with their size and speed both could be great if they spend some time with the jug machine and clean up their routes.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 11:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: because non of those younger guys have taken the job from him so hes the best option we have.   Hes a servicable wr when we give him snaps...

And hes is above average in the return game,  But dont let your bais cloud your judgement.

Young guys haven't been given a real shot at return duties, but I'll bet there is a guy on the squad that is more explosive and better than him and no he is not above average in the return game, he's below average...Wait a minute are you really Brandon Tate and using the alias XenoMorph to come here and see what fans really think of you? LOL
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 05:46 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Its apparent when they have boyd going to the slot automatically,that leaves outside
And where did they say this?

What game was this where we had Boyd outside?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 09:40 AM)Crowe Wrote: Young guys haven't been given a real shot at return duties, but I'll bet there is a guy on the squad that is more explosive and better than him and no he is not above average in the return game, he's below average...Wait a minute are you really Brandon Tate and using the alias XenoMorph to come here and see what fans really think of you? LOL

I just dont understand the hate for the guy. First time ive been accused of being brandon tate though.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 12:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I just dont understand the hate for the guy.    First time ive been accused of being brandon tate though.

It's probably because Tate isn't good.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 11:03 AM)Benton Wrote: And where did they say this?

What game was this where we had Boyd outside?

What? What game are you talking about,there is no games yet with boyd,if you read any Bengals interviews,the oc said he's going to the slot,so that puts Lefell on the outside don't it?that's what they'll do unless Lefell sucks and I hope it's not at the eexpense of losing games
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 05:29 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: What? What game are you talking about,there is no games yet with boyd,if you read any Bengals interviews,the oc said he's going to the slot,so that puts Lefell on the outside don't it?that's what they'll do unless Lefell sucks and I hope it's not at the eexpense of losing games

since when have we stopped moving WRs all over the field. to confuse defenses?
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 04:08 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It's probably because Tate isn't good.

Hes not a superstar for sure... but cant afford one as a KR/PR backup WR...

but most these other guys have issues just fielding kicks. still cant remember a game tate cost us.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 05:29 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: What? What game are you talking about,there is no games yet with boyd,if you read any Bengals interviews,the oc said he's going to the slot,so that puts Lefell on the outside don't it?that's what they'll do unless Lefell sucks and I hope it's not at the eexpense of losing games

Ah. I don't put a lot of stock in what coaches say. Especially at this point. If they get into camp and someone looks better on the outside, they'll go outside. Same with slot. The only position I know isn't changing is wr1. Everything else, regardless of what coaches say in the preseason, is open.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We will see,I hope you're right,because as pats fans have said Lefell isn't good on going long.he doesn't have the hands for it.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 09:12 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: We will see,I hope you're right,because as pats fans have said Lefell isn't good on going long.he doesn't have the hands for it.

Brady is one of the worst QBs in the league when it comes to throwing the deep pass. That might be pert of the problem with the fans perception.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 10:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Brady is one of the worst QBs in the league when it comes to throwing the deep pass. That might be pert of the problem with the fans perception.

I doubt it
Reply/Quote
AJ
Boyd
Lafell
Tate (like it or not)
Core
Kumerow

I think Wright is toast, and Alford may be too much of a straight line guy to do anything more than deep decoy.
Reply/Quote