Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about this WR corps?
(05-05-2016, 07:49 PM)mroudfly Wrote: I know some people are still somewhat concerned about true depth at WR this year, but given the amount of young talent that we have to develop - I am rather excited. Between Boyd, Core, Alford, Kumerow (even FA's like Russell) - you have to think one or two of them out of the group will turn into something very solid. I'm not saying your next AJ Green, but maybe the robin to AJ's batman. I would love for the Bengals to get back in that conversation of "the best core of receivers in the NFL" - just hoping some of these young guys want it bad. This spring/summer will be an absolute blast to watch the development of these guys.

That being said:

AJ
Lafell
Boyd (slot)
Core
Alford (slot)
Kumerow

I know the coaches are high on Wright - but until I see he's 100% healthy, can't roll the dice with the amount of young talent around him.

No Tate? Bold.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 04:36 PM)Benton Wrote: Welcome to the boards, Mrs. Core. I'm sure your son will do good things.

ThumbsUp
Well glad to meet you Ms Alford,we will see who wins won't we
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 01:22 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Well glad to meet you Ms Alford,we will see who wins won't we

Hell, I didn't know there were prizes involved.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 06:44 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: LOL

you laught doesnt make sense he started every game his rookie year that is getting production out of a rookie
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 11:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: you laught doesnt make sense he started every game his rookie year that is getting production out of a rookie

No it isn't.

Bodine barely produced.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 06:56 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: No it isn't.

Bodine barely produced.

please quantify your statement with some facts
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 08:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: please quantify your statement with some facts

He had zero competition and was one of the worst starting centers in the league.

Was anything there wrong?
Reply/Quote
Of course Hobson makes every rookie sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread, but that's his job. Still, this bunch of rookie receivers sound pretty good so far. They've all been very productive in college. It seems for once the Bengals staff beat the bushes to find receivers in college. It would be sweet if 3 or 4 really could really shine and stick around awhile and not just squander 2 years on the practice squad.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Nice read on Grant

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/5/4/11577792/bengals-udfa-antwane-grant-looking-forward-to-proving-his-worth-in

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 08:07 PM)Stormborn Wrote: He had zero competition and was one of the worst starting centers in the league.

Was anything there wrong?

he was one of the worst centers in the league for a rookie, we would not have done was well as we did with him as center   Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:15 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: AJ Green
Brandon Lafell
Mario Alford
Tyler Boyd
Cody Core

I'm in. I want to see the young guys get a chance to shine this season.

I like this, I would also throw in Kumerow for his height/hands. I think Wright will need some time to come back from his injury and he's a guy that could possibly be PUP'd or put on the PS as I believe he is still eligible for it. Their are a few UDFA that I would look to stash on the PS as well, such as Grant from WKY, the WR from Wisconsin and the WR from toledo, take 2 of them and try and develop them and let that bum Tate go.
Reply/Quote
Id like to see Alford and Boyd get a lot of time at returning this camp. We need to put Tate on notice.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 09:29 AM)Crowe Wrote: I like this, I would also throw in Kumerow for his height/hands. I think Wright will need some time to come back from his injury and he's a guy that could possibly be PUP'd or put on the PS as I believe he is still eligible for it. Their are a few UDFA that I would look to stash on the PS as well, such as Grant from WKY, the WR from Wisconsin and the WR from toledo, take 2 of them and try and develop them and let that bum Tate go.

why is tate a bum?
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 06:56 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: No it isn't.

Bodine barely produced.

What do you want from a Center? TDs? INTs? they dont do those things the block and he while not the best at his spot (they cant all be) did enough for us as a rookie
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 02:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: why is tate a bum?

He's been here for 6 years and done what? He can't make it as a usable WR and his return skills are hot garbage, why not let a younger guy give return duties a real shot and kick Tate to the curb. I wouldn't mind him on the team if he was some explosive returner or a viable WR, but he's not. He essentially takes up a roster spot with almost no return. I do not see how people continue to back this guy.
Reply/Quote
I feel like I'm the only one who would prefer Boyd being an outside receiver and LaFell in the slot.

Sure, I'd move Boyd inside, but I think he's a much better player on the outside than just the slot.

LaFell has basically been a slot receiver his whole career. In 2013 he spent 63% of his playing time in the slot. In 2012 it was 65.5%.

Also, in his biggest year in 2014, he wasn't a deep threat at all. He caught 33 of his 87 passes (37.9 percent) on routes where he was targeted 10 yards or more downfield.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 05:23 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I feel like I'm the only one who would prefer Boyd being an outside receiver and LaFell in the slot.

Sure, I'd move Boyd inside, but I think he's a much better player on the outside than just the slot.

LaFell has basically been a slot receiver his whole career. In 2013 he spent 63% of his playing time in the slot. In 2012 it was 65.5%.

Also, in his biggest year in 2014, he wasn't a deep threat at all. He caught 33 of his 87 passes (37.9 percent) on routes where he was targeted 10 yards or more downfield.

I've been preaching this every where. I actually listened to what pats fans said about him when we signed him,and what went wrong last year. They had lefell in the wrong roll,he was good for them when he didn't have to go long,but last year without aaron dobson going long,they start sending lefell on deeper routes,and that's where the ball clanged off his hands.so our brilliant coaches are wanting to put him on the ooutside,which is a big concern.outside receivers are supposed to go long some.not just short stuff where lefell thrives at.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 06:25 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote:  so our brilliant coaches are wanting to put him on the ooutside,which is a big concern.

Where did they say this?
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 04:53 PM)Crowe Wrote: He's been here for 6 years and done what? He can't make it as a usable WR and his return skills are hot garbage, why not let a younger guy give return duties a real shot and kick Tate to the curb. I wouldn't mind him on the team if he was some explosive returner or a viable WR, but he's not. He essentially takes up a roster spot with almost no return. I do not see how people continue to back this guy.

because non of those younger guys have taken the job from him so hes the best option we have. Hes a servicable wr when we give him snaps...

And hes is above average in the return game, But dont let your bais cloud your judgement.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:15 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: AJ Green
Brandon Lafell
Mario Alford
Tyler Boyd
Cody Core

I'm in. I want to see the young guys get a chance to shine this season.

I also like Alonzo Russell and Jake Kumerow. Big guys that can run fast with good hands.

Russell has been compared to AJ, if he can live up to just a little bit of this he should make the team.

Core has really been impressing at the rookie OTA's, same with Boyd but that is kind of expected with Boyd.

If Alford can show a bit of a Returner Tate is gone no question.
Reply/Quote