Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hue interviewing today.......
Ok this is about the only way Brown could manage to screw up firing Marvin. Say hello to your new HC. Should have been fired with Marvin.Not shocked at all.
Reply/Quote
11-44-1

My beaten & battered psyche expects a hire such as this one. However, another part of me believes that if they had truly wanted a head coach like Hue Jackson, they would have just kept Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:08 PM)TKUHL Wrote: . Say hello to your new HC. Should have been fired with Marvin. Not shocked at all.

Anyone else notice that the same people who "guaranteed" Marvin would not leave have not learned their lesson and are still trying to act like they know what will happen?

Mostly haters grasping for straws.
Reply/Quote
If nothing else he might motivate our players to get in better shape

[Image: hugh-jackman-muscle.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah. No. No Hue Stink for me. I feel bad for the players.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone else notice that the same people who "guaranteed" Marvin would not leave have not learned their lesson and are still trying to act like they know what will happen?

Mostly haters grasping for straws.

I don't believe anything until I hear it from Bengal Insider.
Reply/Quote
To me it's no different than the other in house interviews, a common courtesy that may have implications on their future employment here in other forms. They can hear what they have to say and see if it is compatible with the next HC and if it's not they can move on rather than them faking it when the new guy gets here and is the boss.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals have to interview inside coaching staff to have any credibility with incoming coaching staff. The interview doesn't mean Hue is high on the list. Also, keep in mind when Hue was brought back to the team. It was when Lewis took over the defense and needed help.

I know Marvin and Hue are close and Lewis believes Hue is qualified but this is not necessarily reflective of the front office.

I am more concerned that Haslett is still a coach of this team.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping Hue is just the interview to satisfy the Rooney Rule. I don't think he's as bad as many, but I'd prefer the clean break and fresh start.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This could also be looked at to fulfill the Rooney rule. Him interviewing means nothing imo.
Reply/Quote
They don't need Hue to those saying Rooney rule, Bienemy and Joseph are both African Americans.
Reply/Quote
Quick, somebody call in a bomb threat.
Reply/Quote
This organization is at a crossroads. They can go the lazy route and hire a guy like Hue Stink. Hue Stink would likely be amenable to keeping as much of the current staff as the family wanted. Hue Stink probably doesn't have a lot of other HC options, so he would be unlikely to push for the team to be more active in hiring scouts or signing outside free agents. He'd just be happy to somehow still be a NFL HC. Hue Stink lost almost every game he coached at his last gig, so he's hardened to an even deeper plunge into the dark ages if he can't turn things around with what's here.

There's literally no way this hire can be justified if it happens. It's a total waste of time. I guess if they're just showing a guy they like some respect by giving him a sit-down with the family, then great. It should be nothing more than a gesture.

I really want to think that the Brown family will do the wise thing and start over with a new HC from the outside. I think there's more than a 50 percent chance that they will. It's tough though. Sitting retreads and loyalists like Hue, Simmons, and VJ in front of MB is like sitting a carton of smokes on the table in front of an ex-two-pack-a-day smoker who just gave the habit up for New Years. It's just so comfortable and habitual and easy. Unfortunately, it will also probably kill you (and your fanbase, attendance) in the long term.

If they want a revitalized fanbase and a full stadium in 2019, then they don't give any of these internal guys a real shot. If they want a consistent dose of 30,000 or less drunks showing up 8 Sundays a year to embarrass our city along with the family, then go ahead. Hire Hue Stink. The only reason to fire a guy like Marvin and hire a guy like Hue Stink is Marvin just plain having had enough and amicably resigning. If Hue is the choice, I have to think that Marvin just quit.
Reply/Quote
If hue becomes our coach I’m finding another team
Reply/Quote
I don’t think Hue is going to get the job. But if he does, I will most assuredly not be reupping my NFL Sunday ticket. Not because it sticks it to anyone because I know it doesn’t, but mostly for my own sanity. I’ll still pay attention to what is happening, I’ll hope they win, heck I’ll probably even watch as many games as I can. I’ll always be a fan, I’m not so naive as to believe otherwise. But I certainly will not be devoting every Sunday to this team anymore. And if I still lived up there, I wouldn’t go within 1000 yds of that stadium on game days. If they thought the attendance was bad this year, in the event Hue is hired, it should be 100 times worse next season. Our fanbase has to stand up and be heard if this madness happens.

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown hiring Hue Jackson is enough to get him committed. Seriously. It is nothing short of mentally unstable.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
If it makes people feel better, there are rumors Hue will end up in Minnesota with Zimmer as OC.
Reply/Quote
We may be considering him for OC.

I wouldn't have any problem with that.
Reply/Quote
BOOOOO get that melon headed know it all out of here!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:42 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: BOOOOO get that melon headed know it all out of here!

You should be nicer to fredtoast.
Reply/Quote