Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hue interviewing today.......
(01-03-2019, 11:42 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: So....are we getting rid of the entire roster?

Not quite that extreme, but I think a turnover of many veteran players who were molded by Marvin ball is in order. I don’t believe that this is a quick fix situation, and in order to build a new culture we must first tear down the one in existence.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: So....are we getting rid of the entire roster?

I agree with Hudey in part. This team is in dire need of a clean break from the ML era. The coaching staff needs to be totally reworked. If someone like Van Pelt or Pollack survives that would be ok I guess ? They haven't been ruined yet, I hope.

But we badly need a fresh start, a new perspective, hope renewed !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:49 AM)HuDey Wrote: Not quite that extreme, but I think a turnover of many veteran players who were molded by Marvin ball is in order. I don’t believe that this is a quick fix situation, and in order to build a new culture we must first tear down the one in existence.

I agree the roster needs a fairly major overhaul. MJ, Burfict, Nickerson, Redmond, Hart and probably others we need to move on from. But there's still good players here that have just suffered from poor coaching and no real plan.
Reply/Quote
Should we have a contingent down there today outside MBs window holding an "Anybody but Hue" banner?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:05 PM)Beaker Wrote: Should we have a contingent down there today outside MBs window holding an "Anybody but Hue" banner?

I think most would be pretty disappointed with Joseph or Simmons, too. The sign should probably just say “someone new.”

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree the roster needs a fairly major overhaul. MJ, Burfict, Nickerson, Redmond, Hart and probably others we need to move on from. But there's still good players here that have just suffered from poor coaching and no real plan.

I think we are pretty much on the same page unless you disagree with the part about replacing Dalton. I think Dalton needs a change of scenery to boost his career, and we need a new leader on the field as well as on the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:49 AM)HuDey Wrote: Not quite that extreme, but I think a turnover of many veteran players who were molded by Marvin ball is in order. I don’t believe that this is a quick fix situation, and in order to build a new culture we must first tear down the one in existence.

I wouldn't be against it.....there is a lot of cash that could be saved.  I'd keep the younger vets like Boyd and some others, and look to move the older vets like Dalton, Green, Gio, maybe Geno if I was going all out rebuild.

(01-03-2019, 11:58 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree with Hudey in part. This team is in dire need of a clean break from the ML era. The coaching staff needs to be totally reworked. If someone like Van Pelt or Pollack survives that would be ok I guess ? They haven't been ruined yet, I hope.

I agree.....was just getting a feel for what he was talking about.  We were just talking about this here at work, I'd want the new HC to decide his entire staff, and if I were the HC.....I'd probably keep Pollack and Van Pelt on staff.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: I wouldn't be against it.....there is a lot of cash that could be saved.  I'd keep the younger vets like Boyd and some others, and look to move the older vets like Dalton, Green, Gio, maybe Geno if I was going all out rebuild.

Teams with QB's on rookie contracts seem to be doing well.

The young QBs seem to be adjusting to the league fairly quickly.

The Browns have a young core of stars while our core is aging.

If the right person headed the transition, then it could reap benefits within a few years.

Could stack up on Draft picks and get young.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:32 PM)Trademark Wrote: If hue becomes our coach I’m finding another team

And what a loss that would be to the board!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:19 PM)HuDey Wrote: I think we are pretty much on the same page unless you disagree with the part about replacing Dalton. I think Dalton needs a change of scenery to boost his career, and we need a new leader on the field as well as on the sidelines.

Dalton ? It all depends ? If by a small miracle MB goes with a total turnover in Coaching staff, new outside HC and he wants a fresh start at QB I'm not opposed to it.

But I still maintain that Dalton has not been this teams major problem. And just going from average QB a to average QB b isn't going to help much.

We need a short and long term plan.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think most would be pretty disappointed with Joseph or Simmons, too. The sign should probably just say “someone new.”

Joseph would be like my 4th/5th choice or so. I wouldn't be elated but I'd take him over Hue, Simmons and some others.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 10:21 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yep I don’t hate Hue, I hate the idea of Hue running this team. His track record speaks for itself and I want nothing to do with it. The Bengals (and their fans) would once again be the laughing stock of the league if they hire him. Been there, done that and don’t want to be it again.

If HUE is the hire, the Bengals will look like the "Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus" to any fan around the world that even moderately follows the NFL.

The Public Relations hit would be horrific for the Organization.

Cleveland Browns fans would be chuckling...

Calling it out of touch would be just the tip of the iceberg.

It would be amazing buffoonery.  IMO
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:58 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree with Hudey in part. This team is in dire need of a clean break from the ML era. The coaching staff needs to be totally reworked. If someone like Van Pelt or Pollack survives that would be ok I guess ? They haven't been ruined yet, I hope.

I understand the desire for a fresh start, but this "whole coaching staff needs to be re-worked" stuff is beyond me. Van Pelt is a very good QB coach. Pollack is a very good line coach. Simmons is a very good ST coach. Replacing people just to be replacing them is likely not going to get you a better candidate.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think MB really wanted to keep Marvin and I think he really wants to hire Hue.  What he actually does could very well be our only guess as to where his football priorities lie and/or who is really calling the shots for the Bengals.

(01-03-2019, 11:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: They discussed it on PTI and Mike Wilbon said he doesn't believe that Marvin leaving was a mutual agreement, more so that MB wanted him back for at least one more year and Marvin just didn't want to come back.  That's what makes the whole Marvin ---> Hue thing seem so scary possible.  Until I see otherwise, I expect to be told by MB that we were way closer to competing in 2018 than you think and that going from Marvin to Hue is the best way to stay the course while we have Dalton and Green.

That's my new assessment.  It's not about Hue forever, but it's about keeping what we have together for as long as we can extent the Dalton and Green era. 

Ug, that is depressing. The thought that Mikey Brown would think that the direction this team has been taking the last few years is anywhere near the right direction would show that he's lost all mental capacity for proper thinking and sane decision making.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 01:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I understand the desire for a fresh start, but this "whole coaching staff needs to be re-worked" stuff is beyond me. Van Pelt is a very good QB coach. Pollack is a very good line coach. Simmons is a very good ST coach. Replacing people just to be replacing them is likely not going to get you a better candidate.

Jury is still out on Pollack, imo. He certainly wasn’t the savior we were all hoping he’d be.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 01:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jury is still out on Pollack, imo. He certainly wasn’t the savior we were all hoping he’d be.

Consider what he had to work with though.  Bobby Hart alone should buy him some slack.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think most would be pretty disappointed with Joseph or Simmons, too. The sign should probably just say “someone new.”

Spot on! If a new HC wanted to keep Simmons for ST, I'd be down for that.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 01:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I understand the desire for a fresh start, but this "whole coaching staff needs to be re-worked" stuff is beyond me. Van Pelt is a very good QB coach. Pollack is a very good line coach. Simmons is a very good ST coach. Replacing people just to be replacing them is likely not going to get you a better candidate.

I agree with Van Pelt and Simmons.  I did not see improvement with Pollack.  I saw more the same but that could be because of lack of talent.  But I look at Price and he did not perform well.  I will agree that once Westerman replaced Redmond, he looked like a solid NFL guard.  I wouldn't mind keeping Pollack another year.

I think Haslett has to go,

Also, the reason that many on this board want to clean house is because the Group Think that Mike Brown seemingly creates is like a disease.  It includes the idea that being competitive is enough. Not winning, just being competitive.   Not winning in the playoffs but just getting to the playoffs is considered success by Mike.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 01:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jury is still out on Pollack, imo. He certainly wasn’t the savior we were all hoping he’d be.

I think he was trying to make spagetti carbanara with only slop to work with
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 01:17 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Ug, that is depressing. The thought that Mikey Brown would think that the direction this team has been taking the last few years is anywhere near the right direction would show that he's lost all mental capacity for proper thinking and sane decision making.

But we be injured man, If/only we didn't have all of those we surely would have made the PO's and lost Ninjaf\

ffs..we started 4-1!

AND WE BEAT 2 PO TEAMS

Ninja

Reply/Quote